Diablo® III

Silver32/KJ giveaway (closed - video)

View profile
Background:
- Over the past year everyone in the Monk community has been awesome. To each other and to me. Many of you have helped me out with guides, advice and theory-crafting. Moreover, a few of you have helped me out with gear upgrades, gems and gold. I don't think I earned such kindness, so thanks to everyone that has been generous!!! All this generosity is prevalent among all of the players here, and that makes me happy :)

How come now?:
- I'M RICH. lol. Not really, not going to be an uber character with my new gold, but I made a sale for 600m. I still have most of it, I just been starring at it :D. Everyone who has helped refused to take anything in return for their generosity. The best I can do is pay it forward. This is the best way I thought I can.

Enter Silver32:
- I called in the Silver Stallion to help me build a set. He chose some gear I had in my stash, I think he actually only used 1 piece. I gave him 6m, and he got to work. Thanks to him this giveaway is possible. He is very good at building sets with a budget. He took the time to built it. As a bonus, I threw in a couple of Radiant Star Emeralds in the weapons!!!!!

The Result:
- A set that will get you into MP10
  • DPS: 95,917
  • EhP: 593,992
  • ChC: 45%
  • ChD: 354%
  • All Resists: 603.5
  • Armor: 5,876
  • HP: 49,765
  • LS: 2.9%
  • LoH: 789

Set Details: http://d3up.com/b/627858/thatguy-giveaway

Stats based on my paragon level of 70. So you will be less :(
At paragon 0:
DPS: 87,468
EhP: 509,739

Notes:
- Lets get serious. You are not going to be farming MP10. However, you will be able to get some MP10 action in a group and even slowly farm for keys if you wanted. Some MP10 CoTA runs is a definite.

- How do I know it's MP10 ready? I tested on an ActI MP10 Key run. And recorded it for your viewing pleasure. Some epic fights indeed. I died three times and it took about 27 minutes. One of the deaths was totally me being a noob. You can see me get totally surrounded and live beginning at around minute 15:00

Many viewing options based on your bandwidth (i'm a dork):
All in 1080, it all looks the same to me but in theory the smaller files are less clear, heh
  • Smallest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stTCZkuKh2w
  • Medium: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ_3-xbSevI
  • Big: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLcFR6uueNc
  • Double Speed: 14:00 min: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shs3j9g77V0

- This was the build I used: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#begdkS!UXT!cbYbac

ENTER:
- Post if you want to win and a blurb why should win. TL;DR version please; I'll doze off if it's a super long post :)
- Silver32 and I will pick a winner (I'll has him when he wants to do the drawing)
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 5/20/2013 7:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi. I would really like the set because I really like monks but I don't have the money for gear one, I sold my barbs gear for gear a little more my wizard but as u can see it sucks lol, I started playing at the first day of D3 and came back something like 2 months ago, so I'm poor :/ so please take me in consideration.
Reply Quote
View profile
You may win by default :)

Although, it's been a slow forum day today :-D

EDIT: you don't have a lvl 60 monk...? This is all lvl 60 gear
Edited by KamelJabber#1103 on 5/16/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes pick me I would like that, if you want to know why, well look at me I am a total noob with a million budget. The only time I get to play d3 is on weekends only because of my job, wife, and kids(four kids) wife won't let me play because she will nag and say do your work this, find a house that. Kids They want to use the computer for Facebook this and homework that. So I don't have time to farm hundreds of hours for gold and items.

Edit: longer reason ;)
Edited by EradicatOr#1556 on 5/16/2013 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Imyourself, you chance of winning just cut in HALF!

Plus EradicatOr's reason was shorter, lol :)
Reply Quote
Me.
Reply Quote
@KJ, I am not entering this one...just making an offer to help with a give-away build next time (or this time). I have some nice stuff that I would not mind removing from my mules. Hit me up in game and I will link you weapons, armor, jewelry, etc.
Edited by XxMOOSExX#1730 on 5/16/2013 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You may win by default :)

Although, it's been a slow forum day today :-D

EDIT: you don't have a lvl 60 monk...? This is all lvl 60 gear

I don't have a 60 monk but I'm wanting to lvl one :/
Reply Quote
Because I quit months ago to focus on school and I finally graduated! Looking to play my monk again (barb was boring) and only have 1m to my name. While I have decent gear the set is a huge upgrade.
Reply Quote
This is really cool. Dont count me, I just wanted to say these starter sets you guys are building for the community rock.
Reply Quote
Cool give away indeed. I am not entering.
I love how people are generous and willing to give back to the community.
Reply Quote
HELL YEAH BABY DAT 100k DPS BE HURTING THOSE MOBS IN MP10!!! <3 <3
Reply Quote
I want to win and I should win because I watched your video. I would love to get better gear on my monk and am "poor," sitting around 15M. Thanks for giving,
Reply Quote
Monks have always been my favorite class, considering it was my first character made. I had always been intrigued by it and am still trying to learn this class. I've been trying to get into higher MP's but am obviously doing something wrong. I think with your set I'll be able to do that so wished for MP10.
Thank you.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/16/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Fish1231
I want to win and I should win because I watched your video. I would love to get better gear on my monk and am "poor," sitting around 15M. Thanks for giving,

You had me at "watched your video"

Blush
Reply Quote
View profile
was there always a speed option youtube?
if you watch the 2x video and select 2x in the youtube video player, it's a super fast run!
Reply Quote
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To find them is my real test, to list them is my cause!.
I would travel from AI-III, because Act fours not that fun, if I see a !@#$ty mob ill just tuck my tail and run!

Auction House
Gotta List them ALL!
Auction House!

(sing it to the tune of pokemon you'll get. and I don't need the set.)
Reply Quote
my third monk will need it real bad once he is 60

tl;dr

05/16/2013 01:08 PMPosted by Piffle
Me.
Reply Quote
So far only two has entered ,neonovas just changed his gems to make it seem like he is a noob. The others just doesn't need ;)
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 06:10 PMPosted by EradicatOr
So far only two has entered ,neonovas just changed his gems to make it seem like he is a noob. The others just doesn't need ;)

didn't you read my third monk will need it :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]