Diablo® III

Loving the free Anniversary Boost!

Ever since it was activated, I'm finding legendary and set items all over and the gold drops are wicked. Would be nice to get feedback from other players (positive or otherwise) on how everyone would feel about making that boost permanent? I'm in!!
Reply Quote
The boost is nice. Would have rather seen some other kind of more permanent bonus. Especially for those of us still around from that original release date chaos.
Reply Quote
Too true Detnyj ... too true ...
Reply Quote
If you make the boost permanent, it ceases to be anything special. It also essentially nerfs the game, which really doesn't need any further nerfing.

I'm taking advantage of the bonus while it's here, but I wouldn't want to see it stick around forever.
Reply Quote
wouldn't know I have been in wow gearing my characters. I guess I'll just miss it but feel it should not be kept over.
Reply Quote
Been using the boost in hardcore.

Boost started just when i hit level 60. So nice.

Picked up 5 paragon levels.
Reply Quote
Yeah the boost has worked wonders for me. So far I got 2 legs from the same pack of elites -- 2 pairs of Gladiator Gauntlets -- LOL :-) (with 550 MF)
Reply Quote
MVP
View profile
It's interesting to see what people are using the boost for.

I've seen some grinding Paragon, some levelling up new hero's, some levelling 2nd hero's for the achievements etc.

Nice to see that a simple buff has different effects on the playerbase.

As other's have said if the buff was permanent then it would devalue it, but I agree it's a shame we didn't get a banner or something for the birthday. Could have made a banner and made it more epic each year that you continue to be around for the birthdays.
Reply Quote
Awesome ideas everyone!! Glad to see ... keep 'em coming!!
Reply Quote
View profile
Sony has double xp weekends all the time, just sayin
Reply Quote
I've gained quite a few post-70 Paragon Levels rather quickly with this temporary buff while playing on MP7 and no ruby or Hellfire Ring.

I'm really enjoying it for sure. I'm also glad that it's lasting for more than a day or just over the weekend. It definitely leaves plenty of time for folks to make the best use of it.
Reply Quote
i played for three hours today.

i found this pile of stuff: http://i43.tinypic.com/6fmkk2.jpg

all comparable items are listed on the ah in the 20k-50k range.

i hate this game.
Reply Quote
They should make it permanent. The game is more FUN this way. Shouldn't it be their goal to make the game as fun as possible?
Reply Quote
i notice no difference
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Surt
They should make it permanent. The game is more FUN this way. Shouldn't it be their goal to make the game as fun as possible?

and then people would complain that Blizzard makes the game too easy. You can't win both ways. Just enjoy the free EXP for a bit.

05/16/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Nighthunter4
Sony has double xp weekends all the time, just sayin

Not quite all the time, average about 6 - 7 a year. Also they are not really anything special anymore, hence the point that this is a limited thing.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 01:44 PMPosted by DragonFlyy

and then people would complain that Blizzard makes the game too easy. You can't win both ways. Just enjoy the free EXP for a bit.

Agreed, they can't win both ways. I want them to win my way.
Reply Quote
wait what

what's happening

i'm at work
Reply Quote
wait what

what's happening

i'm at work

There's a 25% bonus to MF and XP until the 21st for the game's one year anniversary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]