Diablo® III

How many of you know about the Decaying Crypts???

Hey everybody, I recently descovered this amazing area to farm! To find it you need to take the waypoint to the fields of misery and run around till you find the decaying crypt. Inside it is soo damn dense with zombies its crazy. This is my new favorite place to hit up for quick xp :) I made a video showing just how dense it is... ohh and sorry about my mom and I yelling in the end of the video lol Cheerz u guyz!

http://youtu.be/W9y5JzZLx-o
Reply Quote
the problem is that it doesn't always spawn, and from what i can tell, you only get exp/items from the summoned zombies the FIRST time you kill them. so in other words, if you walk up to one of those women that vomits out zombies and she's got six zombies around them and you kill all six, and while killing them she vomits out six more...it seems like only the initial six will give you exp/drops. seems the same with those nests that poop out bats, too. i think this is done to prevent people from exploiting them by just never killing the spawning monster so they can just endlessly kill what it spawns.
Reply Quote
Good point brother! Ya i have noticed as well this place doesn't always spawn, forgot to mention that in video i think! anyway thanks for the words of wisdom :)
Reply Quote
it's still a pretty sick place to farm.

ran it a couple times on mp10 with 4 people in game, was averaging 2 legendaries JUST from that area. came to like 6 on average for the whole run(just fields, the caves in fields, and warden)
Edited by pigeonspank#1488 on 5/16/2013 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
GREAT!!!

Goodbye Crypt.

Why do you players continue to brag about great areas in this game? They nerf/remove them almost every time.
Reply Quote
probably because they do this thing called play testing?

why do you think they don't already know it's a good area...
Reply Quote
GREAT!!!

Goodbye Crypt.

LOL
Reply Quote
probably because they do this thing called play testing?

why do you think they don't already know it's a good area...

Oh really, who play-tested the Watch Tower?
Reply Quote
I can confirm this zone is great for farming, especially for Archon wizards as there is none of the fat exploding guys which have knockback in there. So you can just melt mobs constantly with life steal and not worry about being interrupted.
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 04:37 PMPosted by pigeonspank
oh right, i forgot you know everything.

Easy, i'm cool with you bro. It's a fact that Blizzard has inentionally moved an area like this in the past that they claimed was "too good", then after they moved it further from a way point, even though it did not spawn 100% of the time, they nerfed into uselessness.

fun read:
cannot find Watch Tower since a long time....
is that being nerfed already???

The Watch Tower was changed because of how insanely good it was compared to most farming locations. It benefited from having an abnormally high Elite density, resplendent chest spawn, and was located conveniently close to a waypoint (a combination which made it an outlier in terms of efficiency as well as a go-to spot for a large number of players). While there's nothing wrong with a particular farming location being good or even better than other areas, it becomes an issue when one spot starts to eclipse everything else. We wanted to make sure players didn't feel like they had to farm that spot or else they'd be missing out, so in patch 1.0.5 we moved it from Northern Highlands to Southern Highlands with the idea that it would require spending some extra time to find it, since that was one of major reasons why the area was so OP. Initially we didn’t want to nerf the dungeon, but eventually the Elite density was toned down anyway, and the tower remains in Southern Highlands.

To answer your question, though, parts of the Watch Tower were nerfed, but the chances for it (and the merchant) to spawn have not changed. I wish you good luck in your search for the merchant, but it’ll probably take a few attempts!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8728323584?page=1
Reply Quote
my fav part BTW:

Initially we didn’t want to nerf the dungeon, but eventually the Elite density was toned down anyway

the hell?
Reply Quote
Lol !!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
my fav part BTW:

Initially we didn’t want to nerf the dungeon, but eventually the Elite density was toned down anyway

the hell?

Yeah, because it spawns so often that the number of elites in it were a problem. That comment definitely got a :rolleyes: from me when I first saw it. I get WT maybe 1 in 8 runs if that, and the elites in it were too much?

I smell double standard here.
Reply Quote
agreed :)
Reply Quote
I found 3 Ls within 5 minutes in that place
Reply Quote
I hate when wizards freeze those mothers and they don't have the time to spit dem zombies
Reply Quote
05/16/2013 04:21 PMPosted by pigeonspank
the problem is that it doesn't always spawn, and from what i can tell, you only get exp/items from the summoned zombies the FIRST time you kill them. so in other words, if you walk up to one of those women that vomits out zombies and she's got six zombies around them and you kill all six, and while killing them she vomits out six more...it seems like only the initial six will give you exp/drops. seems the same with those nests that poop out bats, too. i think this is done to prevent people from exploiting them by just never killing the spawning monster so they can just endlessly kill what it spawns.

You get exp and drops from them all. They stop spawning after a certain amount.
Reply Quote
good zones in act 1:
weeping hollow
den of the fallen
hoa2 -> butcher
cave of the moon
scavenger den
decaying crypts
leoric's manor courtyard (small zone , guaranteed elite)
festering woods

untested - lyceum to test yet. might be good

good zones in act 2
bcm
alcarnus
crumbling tomb
chamber of the lost idol
dalghur oasis
tomb of sardar/khan zakab
eastern+western channels
forgotten ruins
cave of the betrayer
vault of the assassin
unknown depths
stormhalls
realm of shadows

untested - ruins
rubbish - sirroco caverns, flooded cave/rockworm, vile cavern..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]