Diablo® III

Need help with the game!

Hello everyone,

First of all I have started to play D3 again, and I would like help with a few things, including some people to play with, hit me up in game, I don't like to solo.

I see that in order to get a decent item in this game you need like 500-600 million gold, and honestly all the time I have played in this game I never picked up something worth more than 20 thousand gold in the AH. Help me to understand where to get the items. I want to play the game and gear my character without using the AH if possible, but even if I do, I want to actually make the gold, not buy it.

I also want to learn how to itemize my characters correctly, because it always seems like my builds/items suck.

Please don't post things like "buy gold from the rmah it's cheap" or "it's simply luck keep playing" because I don't want to use the AH, at least the RM AH, and I have played long enough to get at least ONE item, but it didn't happen.

The conclusion I have come to after all this time is that it's me that does something wrong, and I want help to become a diablo 3 player. I just want to learn how to play the game the right way.
Reply Quote
It's purely luck. But you knew that already..
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Welcome back!

If you are eager to join fellow adventurers in Sanctuary, I would suggest checking-out the Looking for Group [PvE] forum. If you are seeking help with gear suggestions and builds, you will likely have the best luck connecting with knowledgeable players by posting in one of the appropriate class forums.
Reply Quote
What's your battletag?
Reply Quote
Hello everyone,

First of all I have started to play D3 again, and I would like help with a few things, including some people to play with, hit me up in game, I don't like to solo.

I see that in order to get a decent item in this game you need like 500-600 million gold, and honestly all the time I have played in this game I never picked up something worth more than 20 thousand gold in the AH. Help me to understand where to get the items. I want to play the game and gear my character without using the AH if possible, but even if I do, I want to actually make the gold, not buy it.

I also want to learn how to itemize my characters correctly, because it always seems like my builds/items suck.

Please don't post things like "buy gold from the rmah it's cheap" or "it's simply luck keep playing" because I don't want to use the AH, at least the RM AH, and I have played long enough to get at least ONE item, but it didn't happen.

The conclusion I have come to after all this time is that it's me that does something wrong, and I want help to become a diablo 3 player. I just want to learn how to play the game the right way.

Welcome back!

You're first mistake is believeing that good items require 600 million gold. Where did you hear this? It's entirely untrue.

The best items require WAY MORE than 600 million gold, but you cannot expect to always have the best items. That being said, there are MANY MANY amazing items available now on the auction house for under 10k gold. Most of the items you need to get to about MP5 Inferno you can find for under 5 million each.

Gold prices can seem daunting, but its all about finding something you can afford, and working your way up. That's how I did it. I'm running MP9 Inferno now, and not 1 piece of my gear is worth 600 million.

That being said - feel free to add me in game if you need advice! Just ask!
Reply Quote
"Decent" is relative. Looking at your gear, you should be able to find an upgrade every run or so.
Reply Quote
To be honest about it I never had much luck at all finding any legendaries until i hit about level 20 paragon, so I think that is what you should do...play one character consistently until you reach level P30 and you should start seeing more and more in the way of goodies.

Get a follower and dump the highest level MF rings and amulet on them you can get, you get a 20% bonus for them. Seriously, they do such pitiful damage anyway that this is their only use.

Have a bunch of magic find items (you can get them cheap on the AH) ready for when you pop res chests and when you are almost about to take down an elite.

Get rid of that amythyst in your helm as it does you next to no good really, get a ruby (experience) in there and upgrade your gems as and when you can at all times. When you find shrines (especially exp) dont pop them straight away but wait until you find a high monster density area)

If you can, you should be going for Critical hit chance and damage at all times; they are far better usually than strength :)

I don't tend to like using the AH either, but it is a necessary evil sometimes.

Best way to get groups is just to play, now we have higher densities you will find a lot of people willing to play through levels so you can find games open for a good few hours, at the end of such a game just mention you are available to play another some other time and ask to add. What is the harm and what is the worst they can say? :)
Edited by Sparhawke#2638 on 5/21/2013 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hello everyone,

Hit up our thread here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796091520?page=1

There is usually one of us online all the time, and we're more than willing to help.
Reply Quote
Good advice sparhawke.

I would recommend looking on the auction house for an amulet with str, crit hit chance and crit damage. You can find one for about 100k which should boost your damage by atleast 5-10k.

I would also look at crafting new shoulders, wrists and gloves. You will find the new recipes for very cheap on the AH (5k or less) - it will just take you some time to find the demonic essences you need.
Edited by MelonBalla#1993 on 5/21/2013 4:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys I am really sorry about this, but I forgot to mention it, it seems that most of you think I play with my barbarian. No, I play DH, just fyi, but other than that I never really thought of it that way, I will look into the advice people give me here!
Reply Quote
Lol... what a joke...
Giving advice to a guy who already does 70k more dmg than me.
Reply Quote
everything good costs 2 beez
Reply Quote
I don't think that damage has to do anything with it, in fact my build is bad because it's glass-cannon and I probably wont even clear mp 2-3. Besides, I don't think that "dps" has to do anything with understanding the game.
Reply Quote
Yea guys, btw, I know that the good items cost 2kkk, I was just saying about a decent item with the rolls I would like costs 600kk+ I didn't say that the best gear costs that much. thx:D
Reply Quote
I'm always a bit envious of the players just starting out in Inferno. Upgrades come so easily then. Ah, those were the days.
Reply Quote
Another good trick is to go to the AH "sell" screen and right click an item, that will allow you to find those items with better stats, set your maximum buyout price and then click on the buyout column, you can find some fantastic deals that give great boost for exceptionally low prices often on there and I never fail to do it :)

Of course sometimes it never works, my sorceress amulet I have never been able to find better, though I still keep looking lol

Good luck, and if you see me around say Hi :)
Reply Quote
Welcome back, hit me up, I may have some gear for you!
Reply Quote
You could definitely craft some great gear with the new crafting plans! These crafting updates came out in 1.07, and I've crafting some really great pieces.

Here's the 1.07 crafting notes:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414560/patch-107-preview-1-11-2013#items

And here's my Barb. I crafted both his amulet and bracers, and I rock MP10 no problem.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JimmyTugboat-1234/hero/2835057
Reply Quote
To be honest about it I never had much luck at all finding any legendaries until i hit about level 20 paragon, so I think that is what you should do...play one character consistently until you reach level P30 and you should start seeing more and more in the way of goodies.

Get a follower and dump the highest level MF rings and amulet on them you can get, you get a 20% bonus for them. Seriously, they do such pitiful damage anyway that this is their only use.

Have a bunch of magic find items (you can get them cheap on the AH) ready for when you pop res chests and when you are almost about to take down an elite.

Get rid of that amythyst in your helm as it does you next to no good really, get a ruby (experience) in there and upgrade your gems as and when you can at all times. When you find shrines (especially exp) dont pop them straight away but wait until you find a high monster density area)

If you can, you should be going for Critical hit chance and damage at all times; they are far better usually than strength :)

I don't tend to like using the AH either, but it is a necessary evil sometimes.

Best way to get groups is just to play, now we have higher densities you will find a lot of people willing to play through levels so you can find games open for a good few hours, at the end of such a game just mention you are available to play another some other time and ask to add. What is the harm and what is the worst they can say? :)

All of this is really good advice, and you can still find some good items at a reasonable price on the gold AH.

My advice would be to gear up yourself and your follower with goldfind and do gold runs so you can buy some of the gear on the AH, because good items don't drop all that often in game.

But the best advice I can give you is to just play the game for fun with friends. There are some really nice people out there who like to play in co-op games and this can change your game experience from a good time into a great time. Then gear up slowly as the opportunities arise, so that as a group you can advance together. Good friends make this game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]