Diablo® III

Need help with the game!

Add me as a friend.. We shall find this loot together! All hail loot!
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Tsukuyomi
I see that in order to get a decent item in this game you need like 500-600 million gold,

Hi just came back too, about 3 weeks back now.

Before I was doing 120 k dps .... but with about 7 million gold I turned it up to 200 k....

Look for the above average legendaries and rares... not the top ones
Reply Quote

Hit up our thread here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796091520?page=1

There is usually one of us online all the time, and we're more than willing to help.

I just want to second this... there are a bunch of us that have extra gear and can help with build issues, farming etc...

just jump on that thread if you are interested!
Reply Quote
To be honest about it I never had much luck at all finding any legendaries until i hit about level 20 paragon, so I think that is what you should do...play one character consistently until you reach level P30 and you should start seeing more and more in the way of goodies.

Get a follower and dump the highest level MF rings and amulet on them you can get, you get a 20% bonus for them. Seriously, they do such pitiful damage anyway that this is their only use.

Have a bunch of magic find items (you can get them cheap on the AH) ready for when you pop res chests and when you are almost about to take down an elite.

Get rid of that amythyst in your helm as it does you next to no good really, get a ruby (experience) in there and upgrade your gems as and when you can at all times. When you find shrines (especially exp) dont pop them straight away but wait until you find a high monster density area)

If you can, you should be going for Critical hit chance and damage at all times; they are far better usually than strength :)

I don't tend to like using the AH either, but it is a necessary evil sometimes.

Best way to get groups is just to play, now we have higher densities you will find a lot of people willing to play through levels so you can find games open for a good few hours, at the end of such a game just mention you are available to play another some other time and ask to add. What is the harm and what is the worst they can say? :)

MF no longer works on chests of any kind.
Reply Quote
You can gain approx 20 k dps if u upgrade your gems alone... especially the ones in your weapon.. your thoughts on cost of items if very inaccurate..
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Sparhawke
To be honest about it I never had much luck at all finding any legendaries until i hit about level 20 paragon, so I think that is what you should do...play one character consistently until you reach level P30 and you should start seeing more and more in the way of goodies.

Is it really that rare? I'm about level 35 give or take and I found 4 of them so far. 3 during normal mode and 1 right after I started nightmare. Of course they're low level ones though.
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Tsukuyomi
I see that in order to get a decent item in this game you need like 500-600 million gold, and honestly all the time I have played in this game I never picked up something worth more than 20 thousand gold in the AH. Help me to understand where to get the items. I want to play the game and gear my character without using the AH if possible, but even if I do, I want to actually make the gold, not buy it.

A good way to make gold is to farm on normal MP10 with MF gear on. A lot of the act 1,2 and 3 gear is quite in demand and sells for 60k upwards fairly quickly.
Reply Quote
Id be really happy to help you out

TheSickFlux#1608
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
A good resource to catch up on the meat and potatoes of how Diablo 3 has changed since you last played would be The Road So Far Blog. You can find that here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9691898/diablo-iii-the-road-so-far-5-16-2013

And as many in this thread have noted, there are plenty of good players around to help out somebody that's coming back or is in need of assistance. With the help of some of the players here you'll be off to a really good start!
Reply Quote
My advice would be to run mp1 for a while and not worry about getting "tha leet gears" for a bit. You can still have fun in the game, explore new build ideas, gain wealth, and meet people to play with, while running lower mps.
Than when you decide to ramp it up spend said accuried wealth you will have a better idea of what items to buy and stats to maximize.
Reply Quote

Get a follower and dump the highest level MF rings and amulet on them you can get, you get a 20% bonus for them. Seriously, they do such pitiful damage anyway that this is their only use.

Have a bunch of magic find items (you can get them cheap on the AH) ready for when you pop res chests and when you are almost about to take down an elite.

Get rid of that amythyst in your helm as it does you next to no good really, get a ruby (experience) in there and upgrade your gems as and when you can at all times. When you find shrines (especially exp) dont pop them straight away but wait until you find a high monster density area)

If you can, you should be going for Critical hit chance and damage at all times; they are far better usually than strength :)

I don't tend to like using the AH either, but it is a necessary evil sometimes.

Best way to get groups is just to play, now we have higher densities you will find a lot of people willing to play through levels so you can find games open for a good few hours, at the end of such a game just mention you are available to play another some other time and ask to add. What is the harm and what is the worst they can say? :)

I agree with most of that but I disagree about the followers where you said "they do such pitiful damage anyway that this is their only use". I do think that stacking gf/mf on them is a great idea and I agree they don't really do anything for dmg but I find some of there skills to be quite useful (like the + crit chance bonus from scoundrel or the regen bonus from templar). Plus if you can find items that add % chance to freeze, stun, slow, etc. on hit that will add a bit of help as well (depending on your class).
Reply Quote
Nice playing with you :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]