Diablo® III

Anyone else solo 100% of the time?

Used to play solo. 90% play in public games since 1.08
Reply Quote
Solo. Always.

I can't really expect a group to play the way I do, so it's easier and less stressful to solo. And the bigger truth is I'd want to lead all the time. Can't say I'm much of a follower.
Reply Quote
05/23/2013 11:05 PMPosted by Zarkano
And the bigger truth is I'd want to lead all the time. Can't say I'm much of a follower.

I manage to "lead" 4 games out of 5, though im not much of a leader myself. So you are more of a loner than a leader then
Reply Quote
Luckily I was playing in a group yesterday (private tho). Were doing MP4 A2, when my D3 client crashed for the very first time in 1 year as soon as we met a firechain pack (don't know what was the complete affix as the game crashed right in my face). It asked me to send the error report to blizzard (not the windows report, but blizzard report). I hurried myself to log back into D3, thinking Petassus might be dead... luckily my team has been able to save my life.

Playing solo, I would be dead for sure. Thanks Speranza, Arus & Planchard!

hey hey speranza is my buddy leave him alone find a new DH kthx
Reply Quote
Sadly solo @ 95% 4% with friends and 1% in pub. Or so....
Reply Quote
solo 90% of the time, the rest with friends.

never ever public, not afraid of PKers.. just want to be able to rely on people when !@#$ hits the fan.
Reply Quote
Solo only. Never played in a public game on HC.
Reply Quote
Solo now, WW barbs are loners, join a public game and people will leave lols.
Reply Quote
View profile
im mostly solo now. i just prefer being able to move at my own pace (either really quickly or quite slowly :P) and the silence that accompanies it. my doc was almost all party, was sad after losing a paragon 58 to disconnect, couldnt handle it again :/. now i dont really care haha. although i have made some friends and still enjoy playing with them from time to time

so yeah im mostly solo now; afterall, my name is isolation ;)

EDIT: damn i missed a party with speranza,frosted and my old buddy planchard :(.
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 5/24/2013 2:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I only play solo or with a friend. My reason is mainly that I like to play at my own pace, break every log and barrel, and uncover every nook and cranny on the map. From what I've seen of public games, people just barrel through their little predetermined route as fast as possible. It doesn't look fun at all to me.
Reply Quote
I'm afraid of DCing, because If I do get a lag spike, it has no signs of it about to happen.

Plus, I find the game very boring playing alone. In fact, I won't play at all if I can't get into a friend's game or find an appropriate MP public game.

Its too easy to not get PKd now. Its so beneficial to play in a group. I see literally no reason for me to play solo. Plus, another opinion of mine, the pause feature doesn't feel suited for hardcore.
Edited by Crucifixion#1323 on 5/24/2013 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I used to solo 100% of the time, then I started coming onto the HC forums and made a few friends here and there. It's more fun to play with others. I still solo about 90% of the time though. Usually when I get on, most people are in games or doing their own thing. I also have to go AFK often enough that for me to play with others, I need to block out some time and make sure there are no distractions. I'm a parent and also work a job where I am on call so there are times when I am playing at home AND working remotely AND having kids come up to me, "hey dad, can you help me with my math homework?"

That and I haven't had a strong enough character to run with some others doing uber/key runs or just plain farming at higher MP's.

That being said, the one thing I would love to do is run with a group of 4 starting at level 1 and keep them together as a party, beating the whole game. Sharing loot and mats, gems, stuff like that. Difficult to find 3 other people that can block out the same time every week or every few days though.
Reply Quote
I run solo most of the time, but I have played with a couple of friends when we go uber.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I played mostly solo or private games with my first character because I was nervous that I'd just slow everyone down, but the multiplayer buffs have convinced me to come out of my shell and mix it up more.

05/23/2013 11:05 AMPosted by yaminokame
When I get the urge to play a public game I just create my own game and open it to public.

I like this approach. There are times that I don't mind jumping into an existing public game, but sometimes I feel more comfortable if I make my own.

05/23/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Fusion
my philosophy on public games is, if you cant kill 2 elite packs at the same time by yourself in a full party, lower the mp.

I like this advice too, but I tend to play super safe. It's possible that it's to a fault, but my personal Diablo III mantra has always been "dead heroes do no damage".
Reply Quote
I play in groups because of the added safety factor. If I get disconnected, there will be a better chance I won't die if there are some allies around to kill the baddies.
Reply Quote
I played mostly solo or private games with my first character because I was nervous that I'd just slow everyone down, but the multiplayer buffs have convinced me to come out of my shell and mix it up more.

When I get the urge to play a public game I just create my own game and open it to public.

I like this approach. There are times that I don't mind jumping into an existing public game, but sometimes I feel more comfortable if I make my own.

my philosophy on public games is, if you cant kill 2 elite packs at the same time by yourself in a full party, lower the mp.

I like this advice too, but I tend to play super safe. It's possible that it's to a fault, but my personal Diablo III mantra has always been "dead heroes do no damage".

But dead heroes have all the glory. My 60/9 wiz just died to demonic tremors (my first 60). Her spirit now walks with my monk Zhukov and woe betide that elite demonic tremor pack if Zhukov ever comes across them
Reply Quote
solo.

Only because my current computer can barely handle my own graphics and mob density.
Reply Quote
Played 100% solo until 1.08. Now I join publics regularly.
Reply Quote
Solo. . Public games no one ever seems to stay that long and many always sit in town :/
Edited by HeatherG#1753 on 5/24/2013 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/23/2013 01:50 PMPosted by Dirk
Dirk plays with himself 100% of the time.

That might be TMI. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]