Diablo® III

Xbox One and Diablo 3

Since the PS4 i was just wondering if you were going to make it for Xbox One, I personally will not be getting this system, but was just curious none the less.
Reply Quote
Blizzard would be pretty stupid not to port it to all available consoles. Unless they have an exclusive contract with Sony, which seems stupid.

Imagine D3 on the WiiU. My god.
Reply Quote
From what I have seen of the console version for PS3 I am beginning to think that this entire idea was a mistake. Sure, lots of players wanted offline single player mode, but that is literally the only draw. Playing D3 with a controller...yuck.
Reply Quote
Blizzard would be pretty stupid not to port it to all available consoles. Unless they have an exclusive contract with Sony, which seems stupid.

Well i dunno if you saw that reveal of the xbox but it looks god aweful heres just a few things.

1. Always online, unless the DEVELOPER of the game opts out in which case once a day minimum for system to run.

2. No used games.... if you wish to let your friend borrow a game, they will have to pay FULL price(you can read this on kotaku destructoid or rev3games(sessler!!), also angry joe did a rant on it.

3. Uses Voice commands to navigate EVERYTHING. Imagine if someone has kids, or lives in an apartment, you are going to be playing games, and the system will just cut on lol

4. Kinect 2.0(comes with system), WILL TRACK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART RATE, EMOTIONS, HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE WATCHING A RENTED MOVIE!!!! Yes they are most likely going to force renting a movie based on how many people are in the room :/

I mean the whole thing is just a mess, and that online thing. -_-, that could by negative reactions from the community :P

thats the REAL reason I was asking, just because I think this system will be sooo bad that it will be wiser as a developer to stay FAR FAR AWAY from it :P
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 10:18 PMPosted by ODDBALL
From what I have seen of the console version for PS3 I am beginning to think that this entire idea was a mistake. Sure, lots of players wanted offline single player mode, but that is literally the only draw. Playing D3 with a controller...yuck.

ps3 dont support a keyboard/mouse?
Reply Quote
05/22/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Meshuggah

yeah of course it does :) that doesnt mean the game will map nicely to it.

Honestly I think action games like d3 work better on console, Games like Skyrim, DragonAge, the witcher, feel nicer on a controller. so I think d3 console will be good, I just wish that HORRIBLE sorry blizzard but it is bad, HORRIBLE story would be removed and replaced haha, After act 1 i hated the story of d3, dont get me wrong I enjoyed the game I did, i didnt have any of the problems everyone else had with it. BUT the story was bland and boring, and the final act especially was just.. BLEH, it was

Diablo 2 act 5 repainted white :P. I wish they would have taken more risk and made a better looking heaven, just my opinion.
Reply Quote
05/22/2013 12:46 AMPosted by Meshuggah

It does, but the console version is being gutted and reworked to work with the ps3 controller.
Reply Quote
Xbox One is dead even before its birth...

05/22/2013 12:22 AMPosted by doyoulift
xbox one? as in the very first xbox?

Not sure if troll or just have no idea what happened yesterday.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Like all other XBOX's, the XBOX one is based on essentially PC hardware (I remember reading they'll be using an AMD, hence X86, CPU).

Which means porting it won't be all that hard.
Reply Quote
Like all other XBOX's, the XBOX one is based on essentially PC hardware (I remember reading they'll be using an AMD, hence X86, CPU).

Which means porting it won't be all that hard.

All the consoles are essentially PCs with proprietary software and locking technology installed. You can mod any console made in the last decade to the degree that it boots windows. Even handheld ones. Some take more expertise than others but they are all computers at the core.

Given that, I think porting probably has way more technical challenges than just a difference in hardware configuration between a PC and a given console. For starters the minimum system requirements for the PC version of D3 are higher than the PS3 system specs. That alone must have caused an optimization headache.
Reply Quote
The new xbox is basically "Steam" without the install game option. There was a game system call "Phantom" that had this exact same concept of cloud storage however, it was ahead of its time and failed.

Several years later it seems we are ready for such a thing. I would assume that since the games are license based they might let you pack up the license and transfer it (for a fee of course) to another console)

Cloud based computing is not a new concept just one that has more or less "Limitations" depending on your broadband provider, and again with the always online thing, in our house there is always an active internet connection, I mean we got our own NAS for media streaming, and VPN. But that does not say HEY i want to play my games online please.

Just give me offline
Reply Quote
I laughed yesterday. A console reveal that devoted it's time to promoting watching TV with a ton STAR TREK movie placement. Sad.
Reply Quote
moar like xbox (is) dONE
Reply Quote
No announcement = no deal with MS at this time.
Reply Quote
Nah, they're just gonna do a deal with Micheal Bay and start on the new Diablo Television series! I don't think the new Xbox plays games, right?

"Xbox, Play Diablo"

*Loading Diablo TV*

"Xbox, go Home, you're drunk"
Edited by Deadzors#1394 on 5/22/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
lol

Nah, they're just gonna do a deal with Micheal Bay and start on the new Diablo Television series! I don't think the new Xbox plays games, right?

"Xbox, Play Diablo"

*Loading Diablo TV*

"Xbox, go Home, you're drunk"

cracks me up
Reply Quote
Man someone has been going crazy with report button lately. The only common thing with every thread or comment is that it says Bliz's name. I mean, is that really ban worthy? How can you talk about a company if you can't even say their name without getting reported. This is their forum after all. You kind of have to say their name every now and again.

Well i dunno if you saw that reveal of the xbox but it looks god aweful heres just a few things.

1. Always online, unless the DEVELOPER of the game opts out in which case once a day minimum for system to run.

2. No used games.... if you wish to let your friend borrow a game, they will have to pay FULL price(you can read this on kotaku destructoid or rev3games(sessler!!), also angry joe did a rant on it.

3. Uses Voice commands to navigate EVERYTHING. Imagine if someone has kids, or lives in an apartment, you are going to be playing games, and the system will just cut on lol

4. Kinect 2.0(comes with system), WILL TRACK YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE, HEART RATE, EMOTIONS, HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE WATCHING A RENTED MOVIE!!!! Yes they are most likely going to force renting a movie based on how many people are in the room :/

I mean the whole thing is just a mess, and that online thing. -_-, that could by negative reactions from the community :P

thats the REAL reason I was asking, just because I think this system will be sooo bad that it will be wiser as a developer to stay FAR FAR AWAY from it :P

Man, did we both watch the same reveal?

1. Always online. You got it backwards. The system will run offline unless the game developer ops into always online.

2. No used games....you will have to pay full price. Microsoft said that they have a plan to allow people to play used games. They have not revealed anything whatsoever about that plan including how much it will cost to play that used game.

3. Voice commands for everything. Not quite true. The xbox uses very specific commands and will only work for the current person online. Also you have to say "Xbox" then the command. How many little kids walk around the living room saying "Xbox" ? you can also disable voice commands and just use your controller as usual if you want.

4. This one, I have no idea where you got this one from. They never said they would charge per person for renting a movie - that is totally absurd!!!! Maybe you have Big Brother syndrome or something. Sounds a bit paranoid to me. Nothing was said about this whatsoever so you are completely speculating.

Next time, do a bit of research and post facts not fiction.

Edit: You do realize that the PC game you are playing is always online right? You also realize that PS4 is capable of being always online right? Sony just hasn't said anything about it yet. Even the Wii U is always online capable so, get used to it or find another hobby.
Edited by BlayneRTFM#1654 on 5/23/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Xbox One is dead even before its birth...

xbox one? as in the very first xbox?

Not sure if troll or just have no idea what happened yesterday.

XD
Reply Quote

to be honest D3 on the Wii U would be pretty amazing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]