Diablo® III

How do you beat WD Plague Bat's?

I agree with Ender, VS elites is fine as is. It adds choice between tanking and resource generation sets.

The guys I see post "VS elites is bad" usually got beat down by someone in BT set or rocking a 30% soj. But they don't tell you that, they just say "Vs elites is bad" because it destroys their character sheet stats and the illusion of epicness.

The guys I see who understand the mechanics, usually the top end pvpers like Ender, don't have issue with it. They see the entire picture, that vs elites balances itself out with reductions and bonuses and choices involving other gear.

What pvp needs more then item balancing is, at the very least, a 24 second cooldown on HEX and some form of life based regen for wiz.

This list is longer but those, imo, are the big 2 at the moment.
Reply Quote
Something simple I would like to see is HP Potions stop DoT skills
Reply Quote
View profile
Decent idea. That and it's probably time to add a over all potion buff.
25k, up from the current best of 12.5. Make them costly, would be a good gold sink.
Reply Quote
If Blizzard implements the above two ideas and put them in the next PTR, coupled with a non-duealing, still "brawling" type team PvP, expect a whole lot of players playing more and a whole lot more players coming back.

@Ender, excellent idea, and it would be great to test that in a PTR.

@BraveSirRobin, interesting, I wonder if it would be good to add that gold sink in PvP. Maybe when they come out with a non-brawling type mode potions would use up inventory.
Reply Quote
a wd /w a sick 2h/doom hammer using firebats is nearly impossible to beat.
full BT set/21% elite reduction750res/90khp/3500LPS + 35k health globes and I still get 1-2 shotted.

Yeah, I could go all glass cannon and burst them down but I'm still dead in the end.. smart WDs don't stand still to get bursted.
Reply Quote
Plague Bat's actually works better with higher IAS cause it takes 3 attack cycles to get up to full damage. A problem with vs Monk's is even if you have Serenity active the DOT's will remain than hit you as soon as it is down.
Reply Quote
full BT set / 26% elite reduction, 942 poison res, 100k hp, 5500 LPS and when hexed twice, it's still not enough against the poison batman.

Maybe more reduce against range (I only have 6% from the BT chest, but the ammy and bracer can definitely add to that reduced dmg from ranged) and near 1200 poison res and maybe I can last 2 hexes.

With the above stats I don't have enough DPS against any smart WDs.
Reply Quote
05/26/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Ender

This is actually a brilliant idea, and one I totally support.
Reply Quote
05/31/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Kefka

This is a bandaid and doesn't address the root issue of imbalance.

In fact it is a terrible bandaid at that, it would only encourage even more hit and run-for-30-seconds gameplay, something which has become even more pronounced with the 2% heal buffs for WD and DH.
Reply Quote
View profile
05/22/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Ender
If a WD goes full cheese (Haunt, Hex, Plague Bat's, EF, and Pets) it is nearly impossible to kill one.

What is EF?
Reply Quote
View profile
06/09/2013 09:15 PMPosted by DomonKassui
If a WD goes full cheese (Haunt, Hex, Plague Bat's, EF, and Pets) it is nearly impossible to kill one.

What is EF?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/echoing-fury
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 05:26 PMPosted by muir

In fact it is a terrible bandaid at that, it would only encourage even more hit and run-for-30-seconds gameplay, something which has become even more pronounced with the 2% heal buffs for WD and DH.

There's nothing wrong with a hit-and-run pvp style. In fact, this game needs more of it, not less.
Reply Quote
Main issue I have isn't the DoTs but the fact that Wd built tanky are almost unkillable
Reply Quote
sb > bats
Reply Quote
depends on the opponents' physical / poison resists.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]