Diablo® III

Is there a hidden queue system for public games?

I have been making my own keyrun games and opening them to the public, that way i know the keywarden is alive, and i am not a d-bag, i actually tell people if he is dead or not. :)

Anyways, i have noticed that when i open a game to the public, usually it takes between 10-15 minutes before people start joining. Then they basically all join at the same time, which i can only explain as a hidden queue system.

What is the deal, why do people not join until i am almost done getting stacks, then join all at the same time?
Edited by Slacker#1606 on 5/21/2013 12:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same experience, there's definitely a queue of some sort. I'll just open a game to the public, then browse the web on another monitor for 5-10 minutes until the game fills up.
Reply Quote
05/21/2013 12:32 PMPosted by Kahilm
Same experience, there's definitely a queue of some sort. I'll just open a game to the public, then browse the web on another monitor for 5-10 minutes until the game fills up.

I thought about that, but i don't have a second monitor to use, i wish this game had the feature wow has, where you can set it so you can hear your game even if it's minimized in the background.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There is a system that matches players with available games as some of the other posts in this thread have mentioned, but sometimes that system takes a little bit to fill the open spots in a public game.

05/21/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Slacker
I thought about that, but i don't have a second monitor to use, i wish this game had the feature wow has, where you can set it so you can hear your game even if it's minimized in the background.

That's good feedback, and I'll be sure to pass it along. Thanks!
Reply Quote
Would be better if they fired these games off in one shot out of the queue so there is no game creator and tag the game as private until the warden is down so nobody wastes time getting into these games.

Would also like to be able to take games private. There's really no reason for the queue to be dropping people into an act 4 game with one elite left so at least let me help people out some.

Nekarat runs would be great as a catchall for keys but act 4 is so punishing to start and the difficulty ramp up from act 3 means you are going to lose most of your group in public games.
Reply Quote
The sad thing is that while I'm waiting for company in my nice fresh game full of monsters, everyone is game hopping through all the old games high in the queue, looking for mobs that aren't already dead. The system as it is actively matches people with exactly the games they don't want.
Reply Quote
I love the idea of finding games for KW runs, but I agree that the queue is annoying. We basically have 2 options. Keep joining games where the run is already over or partially complete or creating our own game. I would rather crate my own game, but it takes forever for others to join. I've played for 15-20 minutes before anyone else jumped in with me.
Reply Quote
Can you add an option for "level match"?
Reply Quote
I have the same problem so i usually join public games, but the problem is if the run is too cleared when u leave and join a new game instead of a new game you get the same game again if you try within like the first 5 secs of leaving. D2s system of just naming the games and showing you all existing games worked so much better. Not only did you know which game was which by name alone but they could describe the purpose of the game ie meph run, cows, etc. I wish they at least had a way to name the game and then post it at the top so when u join u could easily see whether it was the same game or not plus you could describe your run in the name ie. 5 stacks then kw/butcher or full act3. Just my take on it.
Reply Quote
Part of the problem is that we all use to run act 3 so when you joined a game you could tell what was clear and what wasn't based on where the other players were. If the quest was "Heart of Sin" and the players were in Keeps level one, you knew it was a fresh game. If the players were in Arreat Crater one or two, the game was stale and maybe not worth staying in.

Now we all join an Act 1 or 2 games and have no idea what areas are clear because there is no real route to play any more.

Best solution for this problem is a game timer that lets you know who fresh or stale a game is.

I really wish I had noticed this problem on the PTR but since I could never get to join a public game it never came up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]