Diablo® III

Uber solo, mp10, 1h/mojo,skorn, (my lil blog)

decided to try an uber solo tonight
didn't want to do it with skorn, so i decided to try with 1h/mojo for more of a challenge. i went with a tankier spec because of that, and i show the awful hellfire that i crafted at the end of the video.

spec i used:

http://d3up.com/b/635432

passives
jf
sv
br

skills
dogs -lifelink
soul harvest - dmg
spirit walk - honored guest
bbv - rain dance
GARG-SMASH (stunskill)
cloud of bats

mitstats:
Armor 4,160
All Resist 911.6
Block Chance 0%
Dodge Chance 18.93%
Armor Damage Reduction 56.91%
Total Damage Reduction 90.59% before litany 7% (with jungle fortitude tho)

was a fun run, no deaths, and was actually kind of fun. getting 5 stacked in it, i got to experiment a little bit. sv never proc'd, but i used it more for the cooldown redux in uber land.

hope you guys enjoy the vids.

sk/magda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGlFyss0J2o

ghom/rak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIaS2O9A738

siege/kulle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGpmrgNLnb0
Edited by lameboi#1117 on 5/30/2013 10:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
oh i just realizd that 90.59 mit was with JF.. im at a lower mit lvl without it now, but it doesn't matter much for farm runs i suppose.
Reply Quote
dunno if ppl post on reddit.. i threw a link up there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1f22nv/witch_doctor_mp10_uber_solo_3_vids_1hmojo_cobpet/

edit-

also if i swap to my mit bracers instead of the ones w/ 10k to globes.. i become a mit beast..

71.9k hp - 20%+ dodge 89.64% base mit w/o litany. 877k ehp w/ dodge. yarr.
http://d3up.com/b/635432

VoTA run video in my HP globe (less mit) bracers:

http://youtu.be/Cc5c3tIJioE

i like the 291 int 5.5 crit 10k globes but there is no AR on the bracers.. i'm thinking my mit setup would be best for act 4. i'll be recording a4 videos today hopefully, if not definitely tomorrow.
Edited by lameboi#1117 on 5/26/2013 5:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Nice I did this last night with same setup i always use. No mit dogs. No Garg. Died 4x. Need to try it again.
Reply Quote
good stuff.. im about to head over to the beach, but i gotta tell ya garg is like the best thing ever in a4/ubers.. i love that big stunning dumdum.

check my gear set out aim, i think i found the "sweet spot" (peep that dex :P finally back to where i like to be)
Reply Quote
i thought this was a good post to go into the blog. i'd like this to end up being the 1h/mojo compendium, when i get some time i will edit this post appropriately.

05/26/2013 11:58 AMPosted by lameboi

Currently, I can't tank RD packs or ubers, which is why I ask. I am not looking for a permanent "switch" just looking for something to swap out for those instances, instead of kiting. But, with the switch, I don't want to loose any damage. Know what I mean?

So, the opinions of guys like S-Walker, yourself, Impking....you know... the "real" WD's.... is greatly appreciated.

If you can get me some minimal stats so I can start looking I'd appreciate it.
(Not to good with all those mathematical figures you guys use.)

the main thing i did, was sacrifice some damage to gain EHP/mitigation. The best piece I have ever swapped to is my BT pants. Just a huge chunk of overall EHP/mitigation/a little bonus sustain.

I am at the point where I can tank reflect packs, deal with blazing gaurdians, solo ubers, etc. Sure, some packs may require a LITTLE kiting around (extra HP molten blazing garudian yellow packs anyone? lol) but honestly.. if the game required no micro,it would just be boring.

Main piece of advice: there is no shame in running 180k+ dmg, if that is what you have to do to obtain more mit/ehp. My golden piece of gear that I would never run without as a witch doctor: a 40+ CD, 7% elite redux litany.

With the prices as they are, there is no one single piece of gear that will benefit this class in any other slot. The only other place that you could argue is probably that zuni 4 piece is just as necessary as litany, but then you're talking 4 pieces of gear. As a one hander, ToTD is priceless (and completely cheap) on the auction house. People look at the DPS loss from snake, but they never realize the Max Mana + Mana regen roll on ToTD. Sheet DMG means nothing as a witch doctor, and when you are running a mana intensive spec (heck i have 1.76 APS right now, i NEED the max mana + regen from ToTD), ToTD is priceless. I have used a snake. I had sheet gains. I ran oom. I do not run OOM in ubers, or farming with ToTD.

imo my necessary pieces for 1h:
litany w/ 40+cd + 7% elite redux
4 piece zuni
ToTD
2.8% minimum lifesteal. you won't tank RD without it.

build around those pieces to truly enjoy the build and be able to succeed in all scenarios. DMG means nothing if you don't have the EHP to survive.
Reply Quote
Just wait till the new frogs come out with ilvl 63 stats. That will be the WD's enlightening.
Reply Quote
Full act 4 run playthrough
death toll: 7 or 8, kinda lost count due to some unfortunate placement and a lag death or two. Either way, I'd like to think this was a pretty well played solo run, definitely not in the most optimum spec for a4, i would have swapped out pesti for bears or WoS tbh, but i think it was a solid play through. i don't expect many to watch, but if anyone decides to, here are some more videos of the spec in action.

7 videos.
no deaths til nek
all boss kills covered
only used CoB + pestilence as dmg dealing spells (this is obv not a very range friendly place, but it was fun to play it. once again, i would have swapped out pesti for WoS or bears if i did another full play through)

here's # 1
http://youtu.be/JRVKtB_Epfk

and the rest are processing/uploading so just follow the trail if you're interested.
Reply Quote
05/26/2013 01:27 PMPosted by lameboi
i would have swapped out pesti for WoS

WoS is definitely a better support skill compared to Pesti.
Reply Quote
05/26/2013 02:08 PMPosted by PaulNg
i would have swapped out pesti for WoS

WoS is definitely a better support skill compared to Pesti.

oh for sure, i just wanted to see how i would do in my usual farm spec.

decided to do mp10 belial just now to see if i could face tank explosions:

http://youtu.be/S9fQoEpsUSw

another challenge beaten by 1h/mojo ! :P no movement after i set my feet.
Reply Quote
no discussion?

anyway.. new update :) peep the set.
Edited by lameboi#1117 on 5/26/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/26/2013 03:40 PMPosted by lameboi

Nice video on Belial. I think your DPS is borderline for that face tank idea. If the fight drag on for another 5-10 secs, you'd have died because your SV was still on cooldown. Your final blow to Belial saw yourself less than 1/3 health, another bubble would be the end. You've probably reached a level of gearing where almost any build can work.
Reply Quote
05/26/2013 08:17 PMPosted by PaulNg

Nice video on Belial. I think your DPS is borderline for that face tank idea. If the fight drag on for another 5-10 secs, you'd have died because your SV was still on cooldown. Your final blow to Belial saw yourself less than 1/3 health, another bubble would be the end. You've probably reached a level of gearing where almost any build can work.

just won this ammy.. now i can use my old gloves.. more mit + way more EHP...

979k dprog ehp only losing 3k dps.

^_-
Reply Quote
I also run 1H/Mojo and love it. Usually in a party situation but I love the PUR from the frog.

Cool video(s). Only watched one so far but when I get time I will watch the rest.

IMHO people should run whatever they are comfortable with. Weather that be 2H or 1H/Mojo. I say try both and find whatever play style you like best.

One of my favorite builds that I have been using for mp8 speed farming.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#VcYdUj!TZY!ZcZbZZ
Edited by Gendehar#1108 on 5/27/2013 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i too like the 1h style for my doc, i have a good skorn that i can switch out if i get a vault run with many reflect elites but in the end i cant give up the one hand. the reason i like it is for me it seems to allow a bit more freedom to switch out gear pieces or specs. my string of skulls is a little weak so i keep the serpent for most but being able to switch out one piece of the zuni set while retaining its bonus is quite nice.
Reply Quote
meh honestly no reason to swap, just sacrifice some DPS for EHP.

that's the route i went. i lost a ton of DPS over the last 2 weeks, but my mitigtion + sustain is so much better than it ever was that i don't need to swap to shield or anything while running 1h anymore. heck even tanked that mp10 billael explosions. EHP > all.
Reply Quote
you learned the secret to playing 1h finally. Its called using the Spirit vessel crutch. :D

you are still running alittle too much IAS imo.

get an axe with the same stats and you will feel much better with mana usage.

I think the next step for you would be to get
1. armor pants similar to mine
2. axe or better spear with exact dps+ls as your current weapon
3. PUR zuni boots
4. A better dps mojo.

I think with those upgrades you could get another +25k dps. -5k hp +.4 mit

I think its well worth the tradeoff.
Reply Quote
you learned the secret to playing 1h finally. Its called using the Spirit vessel crutch. :D

you are still running alittle too much IAS imo.

get an axe with the same stats and you will feel much better with mana usage.

I think the next step for you would be to get
1. armor pants similar to mine
2. axe or better spear with exact dps+ls as your current weapon
3. PUR zuni boots
4. A better dps mojo.

I think with those upgrades you could get another +25k dps. -5k hp +.4 mit

I think its well worth the tradeoff.

heh i don't run sv, only did for the belial/uber vids ;) if i recorded them again, with my new neck, i would not even run SV because it didn't proc with less EHP than i have now, so it has no chance to proc next time around unless some real RNG happens

mana isn't a problem in the spec at all, theres one oom phase in belial tho.
1. i have armor pants w/ 150 int, 206 vit, 65 ar and 335ish armor w/ 2 sockets. i don't use them because i lose ehp
2. i like the way sword looks ;) running 1.65 aps / 1.75 i haven't had issues yet. it's once you go past 1.87 that issues really come into play. heck at 1.65 i can run bears/bats and be okay for farming.
3. i have those, don't need them because i run a ToTD, rather use my armor ones. shameless plug: great PUR zuni boots listed on rmah right now ;)
4. ToTD>all mojos. if you run ToTD, mana is not an issue due to the mana mod + mana regen. on top of that, you can skip PUR all around and focus on better stats. i had a uhk serpant that was amazing, gave me +100 hp, +18k DMG and +.1 protection in game but i sold it for $65 rmah because i could not sustain mana as well with it. EMP+EHP > all :)

i like your analysis, but i have already been down that road, and dropping under 1m ehp is not something i want to do ;)
Edited by lameboi#1117 on 5/27/2013 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I see what you are saying

but if you are building up SOO much ehp and gimping dps

wouldnt you just rather use a skorn?

the reason I think 1h+OH is better because of the higher dps potential+EHP potential.

but for the sake of farming/doing ubers where you are gimping yourself out of 30k potential dps, wouldnt you just rather drop 150 ehp and get a skorn and do the same dps if not more and still be more tanky?

That is why ive been saying over and over and over again. its really not a good idea to go 1h+oh unless you are beyond rich.

Skorn is just SOO freaking effective that its not funny.

The only reason im using 1h+oh because playing with numbers, the most efficient mit+dps arrangement is one where I use 4 piece zuni with OH+ mempo.

Otherwise id be a full tim skorn user. It makes life so easy.

anyways we play the way we want to play!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]