Diablo® III

The Dirgest's Gem. What's the full story?

I'm interested in the story of the Dirgest's Gem that Shen is seeking, and I was curious if anyone knew any more about it.

PS: I would love to go after the Dirgest in an expansion or something.
Edited by CulixCupric#1860 on 5/26/2013 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I posted about it in my comprehensive analysis post about what could happen in an xpac, novel, or anything else.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569110155

The Dirgest Jewel
The Dirgest Jewel might not be a jewel, and might be a soulstone or Worldstone shard instead. It contains Dirgest and its location is unknown.

Dirgest
Dirgest is a corrupt human who has been trapped by Shen inside the Dirgest Jewel for crimes against his people. Not much else is known about him. May be possessed by a demon.

I actually had a thought.. unfortunately I'm not at home right now to reference some materials, but I'll reply with anymore info I find, or if I find none at all.
Reply Quote
i thought the dirgest was a primordial being from before the existence of sanctuary.
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 11:08 PMPosted by CulixCupric
i thought the dirgest was a primordial being from before the existence of sanctuary.
Where did you get that idea?
Reply Quote
By the way, I did pursue the thought mentioned earlier in the thread.. came up with nothing.
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Chris
Where did you get that idea?
Talking with Shen. I probably don't remember it right.
Reply Quote
If you ask Shen about Dirgest while playing as a wizard ("The Nature of the Jewel"), your character mentions that Dirgest isn't a name from the Xiansai pantheon, to which Shen replies, "Oh, no, this was before the gods."

Oh, Shen, you so cryptic.
Reply Quote
If you ask Shen about Dirgest while playing as a wizard ("The Nature of the Jewel"), your character mentions that Dirgest isn't a name from the Xiansai pantheon, to which Shen replies, "Oh, no, this was before the gods."

Oh, Shen, you so cryptic.

Shen says different things to different characters.

The Witch Doctor says the spirits say they cannot agree if he is a human or something else, to which shen offers a cryptic non-answer.
Reply Quote
Hm... yes. A wonderful point. Unfortunately all I have is a wizard high enough for the relevant conversations. Would anyone be able to get me screenshots or word-for-word transcriptions of the Dirgest conversations from the rest of the heroes?
Reply Quote
06/02/2013 12:50 AMPosted by Chris
Hm... yes. A wonderful point. Unfortunately all I have is a wizard high enough for the relevant conversations. Would anyone be able to get me screenshots or word-for-word transcriptions of the Dirgest conversations from the rest of the heroes?

Here's the one for the witch doctor.

The Nature of the Jewel

Available at the start of the quest Siegebreaker (Act III)

Player:
I wish to learn more about this jewel and the spirit trapped within.

Covetous Shen:
Oh, all you wish to hear is my most guarded secret. Well, certainly. If you cannot be trusted, then the world is in trouble, I think.

The jewel contains a... powerful creature named Dirgest. He was trapped within it for terrible crimes against his people.

Player:
The spirits have never heard this name. That is a strange thing. They know everyone.

Covetous Shen:
The spirits of those who know him are trapped with him in the stone.

Now a flaw has developed in the jewel. Through it, Dirgest can consume the holder's life. I intend to seal his prison, trapping him in it forever.

don't know who said this, either DH of WD

A Special JewelEdit

Available at the start of the Quest: Shadows in the Desert (Act II)
Unlocks The Legend of Zei the Trickster/A Case of Mistaken Identity (see below)

Covetous Shen: I knew you would lead me to exciting and mysterious places! We should encounter the jewel I seek any day now!

Player: Tell me of this jewel. What does it look like?

Covetous Shen: Sometimes, a ruby. Other times, a glorious emerald or a stunning diamond. It is very good at hiding.

Player: So it is aware. There is a dark spirit within?

Covetous Shen: A very good question. A dangerous question. You are getting better at them.

Player: I notice that you did not answer me.

Covetous Shen: Hmm. Yes, well, a good question answers itself.

i'm not finding more dialogue on the web. i might come back with the dialogue summarized later as i have at least one lvl 60 of each class (i have 2 of monk).
Reply Quote
Thanks for your help.
Reply Quote
I was playing Act 5 on the last boss and was failing repeatedly so I decided to go talk to Shen. He was very long winded but talking with him enough he revealed the back story of Dirgest and eventually a window popped up asking if I wanted to start an event to find the stone so I hit accept and it took me into the "Unearthed Ruins." once you get to the end you find Dirgest has broken free of the stone and when you kill him, Liria's spirit is revealed. When you talk with her to finish the quest it is revealed that Shen is none other than Zei from his story.
Reply Quote
04/26/2014 04:45 AMPosted by Agnon
I was playing Act 5 on the last boss and was failing repeatedly so I decided to go talk to Shen. He was very long winded but talking with him enough he revealed the back story of Dirgest and eventually a window popped up asking if I wanted to start an event to find the stone so I hit accept and it took me into the "Unearthed Ruins." once you get to the end you find Dirgest has broken free of the stone and when you kill him, Liria's spirit is revealed. When you talk with her to finish the quest it is revealed that Shen is none other than Zei from his story.

You don't kill Dirgest but yes Dirgest is free of his prison. You fight a demon that serves Dirgest. The demon's name is Vekriss. Which leads me to believe Dirgest is also a demon.
Edited by Reslin#1758 on 4/26/2014 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]