Diablo® III

The smells of Sanctuary must be horrible!

If you've ever smelled rotten meat or other foods...
If you've ever smelled burning hair...
If you've ever smelled an outhouse...

Forget all of those smells, Sanctuary must be about 100 times worse smelling.

Dead, rotting people and animals everywhere.
We run around smashing, burning, melting, exploding, hacking and slashing demons, living dead and all manner of creatures.
Nobody cleans up anything. New Tristram opens to us with piles of bodies to be burned! Outside of Caldeum, there are no sewer systems. The Heroes never bathe despite being showered in gore and adventuring through the sewer in Caldeum and running into the depths of hell.

I'd rate Sanctuary an 11/10 for overall stink.
Probably one of the worst smelling fantasy worlds ever featured in a game!
Reply Quote
05/23/2013 03:34 PMPosted by Mokrath

Try as I might, I honestly can't think of another game that would top this one on this.
Reply Quote
I'd wager they take baths or something when you log off or switch to another character...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
The future of gaming will definitely include smells. Then maybe we'll get full on virtual reality immersion. I'm thinking 20-25 years tops.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Which area within Diablo III do you think would smell the worst?

I'd wager that the variety of stenches and foul odors found within the Halls of Agony would fairly difficult to tolerate, for one. I'm all for BBQ, but that is precisely the wrong sort sort of BBQ.
Reply Quote
05/23/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Vaeflare

Maiden of Lust
Reply Quote
05/23/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Vaeflare

The area right behind Azmodan.
Reply Quote

I'd wager that the variety of stenches and foul odors found within the Halls of Agony would fairly difficult to tolerate, for one. I'm all for BBQ, but that is precisely the wrong sort sort of BBQ.

The Larder...no question.
Edited by Megalomathew#1519 on 5/23/2013 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Oh, heck yeah. Especially that big burning mound of dead in the area with the torture barrows, guillotine, and iron maidens below the entrance to the second level.

Though I think the sewers of Caldeum rate up there too. There are times when I don't even want to touch the health globes, especially the ones that come from the insects and serpents that emerge from the exploded bloated corpses. Yuck :P
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Oh, heck yeah. Especially that big burning mound of dead in the area with the torture barrows, guillotine, and iron maidens below the entrance to the second level.

Though I think the sewers of Caldeum rate up there too. There are times when I don't even want to touch the health globes, especially the ones that come from the insects and serpents that emerge from the exploded bloated corpses. Yuck :P
I agree! I'd also imagine that just going down into the Caldeum Sewers would make your clothes reek for weeks on-end.

Whoever has a laundry business there must be making a killing!
Reply Quote
Gotta be the Hell Rifts in Act 4.
Reply Quote
I vote that the worst smelling area is whimsy shire? Those rotten little ponys crapping everywhere and evil flower pollen prob makes the nostrils burn...
Reply Quote
whatever room ghom is in
Reply Quote

Weeping Hollow/Cemetary of the Forsaken, with all the dead bodies rising from their graves.
Reply Quote
The larder... definitely... Ghom actually eats corpses and then farts them... and he is by far the most disgusting boss...
Edited by Siegfried#1619 on 5/23/2013 5:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you've ever smelled rotten meat or other foods...
If you've ever smelled burning hair...
If you've ever smelled an outhouse...

Forget all of those smells, Sanctuary must be about 100 times worse smelling.

Dead, rotting people and animals everywhere.
We run around smashing, burning, melting, exploding, hacking and slashing demons, living dead and all manner of creatures.
Nobody cleans up anything. New Tristram opens to us with piles of bodies to be burned! Outside of Caldeum, there are no sewer systems. The Heroes never bathe despite being showered in gore and adventuring through the sewer in Caldeum and running into the depths of hell.

I'd rate Sanctuary an 11/10 for overall stink.

Sometimes, I wonder how characters survive all these disasters and go on as if nothing ever happens.
Reply Quote
I'm glad we can only see and hear the things that happen ingame, and not smell, taste or touch them!!
Edited by Siegfried#1619 on 5/23/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]