Diablo® III

The Balancing of Trang'Oul

Trag'Oul is a mysterious dragon-like being who guards Sanctuary and maintains the Balance between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells. In Richard A. Knaak's The Sin War trilogy, he is depicted as a constellation of stars, in each of which, a different part of life is shown - past, present, and future choices to be made, so one cannot see a definite future. Trag'Oul's exact origins are unknown, although it is hinted that he is not a unique being, that other worlds have guardians similar to him. He has not been seen since the Sin War ended. (taken from Diablo Wiki)

So... As Heaven is now divided (theory) with Imperious being possibly corrupted by Diablo and makes it very clear he despises Nehalem. Also Archangel Malthael has gone mad and been replaced by Tyreal. This combined with the crystal arch being compromised and previous destruction of the world stone and the concept of the Black Soul stone. Trang'Oul would not be impressed with this at all.. Trang'Oul would want to restore balance to Sanctuary and thus make his presence known to all who would stand in his way or Aid him.

The Necromancer has been a servant of Trang'Oul as we have learned from Diablo lore he would be likely an important character to either bring back to the fold or at least include as a more formidable NPC.

Perhaps Trang'Oul will just want to wipe the slate clean and instead of being a good thing for Sanctuary he would be a bad thing.. Perhaps Tyreal with his Wisdom realizes that Trang'Oul is going to re-balance the world and the heavens and the hells all at once. This would be a "unjust" move in his mind requiring the return of the aspect of Justice! However wisdom alone is not enough as his powers have been stripped when he became a mortal... Tyreal would need to ascend in order to reclaim the aspect of Justice..

Archangel Malthael would need to be either found and reminded of his role or be destroyed... Imperious would also need to be dealt with in some fashion. Tyreal in his quest to become an Angel once again would no doubt need a little Nephalem help.

But Hell is not forgotten in all of this... Since Heaven is divided and the Prime evil is destroyed something must take its place... Imperious (now corrupted) is the only being powerful enough to claim this duty... Perhaps Trang'Oul will sense this and want to stop it or maybe he will endorse this move as it fills in a role necessary for balance?
Edited by Knoland#1632 on 5/28/2013 2:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/27/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Knoland
But Hell is not forgotten in all of this... Since Heaven is divided and the Prime evil is destroyed something must take its place... Imperious (now corrupted) is the only being powerful enough to claim this duty... Perhaps Trang'Oul will sense this and want to stop it or maybe he will endorse this move as it fills in a role necessary for balance?
Let me start by saying that I'm glad to see you on the board. Unfortunately, and for a reason I have not yet cracked, Diablo has never really attracted too many people that are heavily interested in the story. It's always good to know that more than just a few of us give a damn. So now that I've blubbered a bit..

Imperius is still a character shrouded in a bit of mystery. To be honest, I would be disappointed if something as simple as Diablo corrupting Imperius to be his spiritual or literal successor in Hell happened. Mainly because there is so much to Diablo than Diablo himself, and honestly I'd like his story to be complete. That being said, in a way the concept still could find a way..

Since before Diablo III was released, Diablo: Wrath hinted at a secret Imperius kept. One idea I've had is that he is the purified aspect of Wrath. I've mused about the idea in an ancient post here. Check it out if you want to hear more about this.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6412972498

Normally I would toss out the idea of an angel ruling Hell (except for Malthael possobly), even a corrupt one, but if he wasn't really an angel.. maybe we could get somewhere. Even so, I don't think it is what is going to happen.

I think you're very much on the right track with Trag'Oul though. I am finding it very likely that he will have a large role in upcoming expansions, possibly to the point of dedicating himself as the Prime Evil to preserve the Balance.
Reply Quote
Yea I was just reading about Trang'Oul and couldn't help but wonder what an ancient guardian for Sanctuary would be thinking about everything that has taken place thus far? Balance must be restored IMO and who better to than Trang'Oul?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]