Diablo® III

You exceeded the maximum character limit

I have a thread up that requires me to update the OP almost daily, the thread was recently moved from general to PVE LFG (wish this could be reverted back to general, since a majority of the thread has nothing to do with LFG).

Aside from that, I get this red error message at the top of the screen when hitting submit after an edit to the OP:

"You exceeded the maximum character limit of 45"

Link to the thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796091520

No matter what I try to do, delete characters, add/replace, nothing lets me submit a revised version...
Reply Quote
The thread has more to do with just leveling players up. It belonged in general because that's the the first place new players go for information.

The thread was about a multitude of things from help with Ubers, to powerleveling, to paragon leveling groups, to help with gear, help with builds and class knowledge...basically every aspect of the game!

Please help runit3 fix this issue because what we're trying to do is a service to the community and it's a much needed service!
Reply Quote
Maybe that's why they haven't stickied it? Because it will automatically be locked at 26 pages?
Reply Quote
Well the thread in question has been reported...moved to another forum (I assume because it was reported) and request for sticky happened a while ago. We've also asked people viewing the thread to "like" the OP. You should go read the thread and see what we're doing!
Reply Quote
bump, yes I know against forum policy, there is no other way to get vis on the forums. I could either make a completely meaningless statement, "I love BBQ chicken", or just say bump...I'll take the honesty route.
Reply Quote
05/24/2013 09:11 AMPosted by runit3
bump, yes I know against forum policy, there is no other way to get vis on the forums. I could either make a completely meaningless statement, "I love BBQ chicken", or just say bump...I'll take the honesty route.

ROFL - gotta love honesty!

05/24/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Sÿlak
I have read it and its a good idea! The only problem is that the forum design and the poor moderation limit the idea. :/

If we could just get a sticky so the thread didn't always drop into oblivion we wouldn't need to bump it so much!
Reply Quote
Well I talked to live chat, they referred me to forum e-mail team, still waiting on a response. Kind of sucks now that we have a homepage link. Doin the best I can.
Reply Quote
forum email is lettin me down, waitin for the tech CM stuck in the office over the holiday to peruse this thread ;) I would appreciate it!
Reply Quote
Still nothin
Reply Quote
well someone was in here deleting my bump...could've at least helped me out.... ;(
Reply Quote
Like I said earlier:
and I can promise you that no blizz staff is going to reply to this thread here in Website Bug Report section. They never do. Your bumps can and will get deleted though.

Its a shame really. This whole website and forums has the worst moderation that I have ever seen anywhere.

meh I've actually experienced worse on a couple car/jeep forums I used to hang out in when I had my Jeep. They used to selectively delete/ban people for talking about non-sponsored vendors/companies and went out of their way to flame said post-members on stickied threads, they also banned people in communication with them. It was bizarre.
Reply Quote
cmooon please help me out
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]