Diablo® III

Error Code: BLZPTS00003

(Locked)

hey
i have mac air, running on a OS X mountain lion 10.8.3.
When I try to Install Diablo III Setup, i get the BLZPTS00003 error.
I tried all the solutions on the site, and nothing helped.
Would appreciate help.
thanks.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Are you behind a college university or other school network?
no, like i said, I tried all the solutions on the site, and nothing helped.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Humor me here - can you list exactly what you have tried so far? It will help me in my attempt to narrow down the cause and give you a proper solution.
i tried this:

Our games require an up-to-date operating system to run properly. Run Software Update to be sure you're using the most recent version.

Our games require administrator privileges to install, update, and run properly. Be sure to run the game in Administrator Mode.

Programs running in the background can conflict with the Battle.net Update Agent. Try closing background applications.

I don't have internet problems because the installation and the game works on my other computer.
I have no security problems because I have no security software on the computer.
I canceled the firewall and that did not work either.
thanks for the help.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
OK, I'm going to have you try some other troubleshooting steps that the support site does not list (at least not in any single location).

Delete the following files/folders:

/Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.db
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net
/Users/Shared/Blizzard/Battle.net.temp (if present)
/Diablo 3/Diablo 3.mfil
/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/Cache

Once done deleting those files, make sure all permissions are set properly in Diablo 3's main folder by doing the following:

1) Get Info (in the Finder) on the Diablo 3 folder.

2) Click the padlock icon and enter your password to authenticate yourself.

3) For the Everyone group, set it to Read and Write.

4) Click the cogwheel icon and select Apply to enclosed items. Select OK to confirm your action.

5) Close the Get Info Window.

6) Repeat steps #1-5 on the /Users/Shared/Battle.net folder.

Now run the Diablo 3 Launcher. Let Diablo 3 rebuild its cache. It can take between 15-60 minutes depending on the computer and drive being used. Do not click Play until the Launcher window shows the message "Game is up to date", indicating that Diablo 3 has fully patched and/or rebuilt its cache.

This set of troubleshooting steps gives you both a fresh Agent and Diablo III.mfil file, as well as rules out any Battle.net cache issues or corruption issues, essentially giving you a clean slate.

Give this a try and let us know how it goes.
diablo 3 is not Installed on my mac, it doesn't let me Install.
I download the client from my battle.net account, and when i try to Install it and immediately it gives me the BLZPTS00003 Error Code.
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
This will typically happen when OS X's firewall is active. Try going into System Preferences -> Security -> Firewall and disabling your firewall. It can also happen if a specific address is blocked from receiving certain ports. Your router should be set to forward/allow the following ports to your machines:

Blizzard Downloader (TCP) 1119, 1120, 3724, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, 6881-6999 (UDP) 1119, 1120, 3724, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, and 6881-6999

Diablo III (TCP) 80, 1119, and 6881-6999 (UDP) 1119, 6881-6999

World of Warcraft Launcher and Game Client (TCP) 3724, 1119, 1120, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, 80, and 6881-6999 3724, (UDP) 1119, 1120, 4000, 6112, 6113, 6114, 80, and 6881-6999

The following support article details the ports in a more visually friendly manner:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/firewall-configuration-for-blizzard-games

The World of Warcraft Launcher is listed because Diablo III uses an identical Launcher and requires the same ports open.

If your router has the capability, you should try using the DMZ function specifically for your Mac's IP. This will open all ports and allow you to install. Be aware though that this will also leave the machine open to malicious requests, which while they cannot do anything on their own, can in conjunction with malware cause problems. The DMZ option should be considered a last resort, even on OS X.

Could you give me the make and model of both your cable/DSL modem and your router (if you are using separate components)? It might yield an avenue not yet considered here.
I don't have internet problems because the installation and the game works on my other computer.
I have no security problems because I have no security software on the computer.
I canceled the firewall and that did not work either.
it's not my router because the installation and the game works on my other computer.
I'm starting give up..
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Just because it works on one computer does not mean that a component of the network (in this case the router or cable modem) is not necessarily at fault. Certain routers have issues with Battle.net until they receive firmware updates. That is why I requested the information I did.
Having the same issues only I'm running windows 7.
Support Forum Agent
Hey Teresa, these steps may help with a PC running Windows 7.

If nothing seems to help, head on over to this Technical Support forum for PCs, and we can work from there.

I'm locking this thread because it was started in May of this year.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]