Diablo® III

[Guide] Arcane Mines

View profile
09/10/2013 12:36 PMPosted by MILESIAN
The idea is you can get like 2-3 casts off in a couple seconds, compared to just 1 time bomb, maybe 2.

In my experience, just 1-2 supplemental casts of Time Bomb is usually enough to finish off most trash, this because an AM channel is itself so darn powerful already. In fact, so powerful that I feel the advance casts of Short Fuse are what becomes wasted, instead. For those scary first few seconds, though, I definitely agree Short Fuse is a defensively valid solution. I also keep forgetting that you need to wind up LL in your builds. Boy, you sure know how to live on the edge with AM, as if the AM windup itself isn't dangerous enough for you.

I probably sound to most readers like a total noob when I talk about Mirror Image, but I really think the Simulacrum rune can potentially offer you a lot of extra cushion winding up AD, not to mention extra unmolested AD channel time thereafter against the likes of Nightmare/Knockback. When the pre-arm period gets rough for me, MI almost always pulls me through.

Also, I do use safe passage, but because of the dynamo I don't want to cast teleport in the middle of a channel.

Now I understand your use of Energy Armor and Blood Magic far better. Actually I like to think that AM is as much of an option offense like SS tends to be with a lot of freedom for personal skill preference.

Anyway Loroese, a much belated thanks for sharing your AM builds. I've really come around to them, feel 100% revitalized in playing my wizard, plus feel a lot more powerful and survivable. I pity all the FN wizards who are quitting, really. There's so much more fun out there.

Edit: Just saw your edit amendment. Sounds cool, I'm looking forward to your updated videos. As for a comparison between our builds, I wouldn't write off the power of Electrify working off of AM + Time Bomb so easily, especially in large groups of mobs that you mention are so good for AD. Maybe I can make a video for you, too.

This sounds like a really interesting spec - question on the Mirror Image use though. Isn't it a lot like Fracture in that your really praying to the RNG gods that they follow the mimic and not you? That was one of the things I always hated about fracture. I'd almost think duplicates would work better to help offset that.

I really enjoyed AM + SS, so this sounds cool!
Reply Quote

Mines take 2s to detonate and you can only have 6 out at a time. Above 1.904 APS you cast a 7th one before the first one arms, so it starts overwriting the ones already out. In short, you can't spam mines above 1.904 APS without interruption.

hi all,

i have a question regarding the max number of mines. something seems weird here.
you can only have 6 mines out, right. and i guess it takes me less then 2 sec to put them down (2.21 att per sec). since the mines overwrite each other, and assuming i do not run out of AP, i should have 0 dmg output from my mines, if i keep spamming. but that is not happening, on some lower mp i could kill groups only using frost nova and spamming mines.

do you have any ideas what is going on here?

thx

Frost Nova takes an attack turn. So whenever you cast FN you are missing out on Mines. The end result is less than 6 mines per 2 seconds.
If you use mines exclusively, you will have 0 DPS.
Reply Quote
Tried this spec out yesterday and i really enjoy it. Has great survivalibity and dmg. While definitely slower while soloing than a sns wiz it is much more fun to play and a ton less painful on my fingers :)

Even with the crap gear i picked up to test it out i can run the same mp as sns spec.

Speaking of gear i need to do some research on it. I just started playing again a week ago (after quitting well before mp was introduced around 1.03) and i have no clue what type of legs are out there that could be good for this build.

Anyway, nice find OP. This build is tons of fun.
Reply Quote
This sounds like a really interesting spec - question on the Mirror Image use though. Isn't it a lot like Fracture in that your really praying to the RNG gods that they follow the mimic and not you? That was one of the things I always hated about fracture. I'd almost think duplicates would work better to help offset that.

I really enjoyed AM + SS, so this sounds cool!

Gosh, totally missed this post, sorry Gunner. So, you already know the deal about MI, which is that it's indeed at RNG's mercy. It's really no substitute for stuff like Frost Nova and Diamond Skin.

That's OK, though, because unlike FN wizards, there are plenty of good builds that only need their defense to afford them an extra second or two, usually life steal builds. While MI isn't 100% reliable, it does always divert a certain % of primary damage (great for some Reflect mobs) and even provides a quasi-dodge % against affixes like Knockback, Nightmare, and Electrified. Against these affixes, MI is the only defensive skill other than FN that can counter them, and does so for a longer period of time than would a single cast of FN.

Anyway, here's my latest build iteration:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#keQfSh!dgW!YbacaZ

Whether it's this build or Loroese's in the OP, I think MI is a great fit for AM. Sometimes that extra 0.5 second MI can buy us (or, say, 15% damage diverted) is all we need before the first mine pops, and thereafter it's extremely hard to be killed since the mines will be bringing in life for 2 seconds after any interrupts. AM is pretty unique in this aspect, basically sacrificing survival at the beginning of battle in exchange for superior survival during battle. Highly underrated and engaging main skill.
Reply Quote
Bumping this very useful thread to throw in my 2 cents.

I've been running a "simplified" variation of an Arcane Mines build on my second wiz. It's simplified because there's no CM, no AD, no permafreeze needed. I certainly wouldn't call it the second coming of SNS but it's keeping me comfortably alive in MP10, so I thought I'd share it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WejlfS!XZW!YbacZa

The skills in brief:

Arcane Torrent - Arcane Mines. Duh. The inherent problem with the skill is that you need to stay alive for 2 seconds before the fun starts. The damage is very nice.

Blizzard - Unrelenting Storm. Causes chilled monsters who are ripe for Cold Blooded. Slows monsters who want to kill you. I like the extended duration rune for this build since it gives more time to channel mines, and the radius of mines is pretty limited. Smart placement can make up for narrow radius.

Spectral Blade - Healing Blades. I tried LL and various other things in this slot, but the most useful thing I can get out of my left click is a refill of my life and AP (with 20 APOC). It's also potentially a better way to deal with single monsters and can keep you alive in a pinch.

Sparkflint - damage. Alternatively, Slow Time/Time Warp, or Teleport if you like a get out of jail free card.

Ice Armor - Crystallize. The most danger is from things that are smacking you up close, so turn that into a 60% armor boost. Problem solved. Extra freezing can't hurt your Cold Blooded chances either.

Magic Weapon - Electrify. The special sauce. As documented in various technical threads, you're proccing 10% of an Arcane Mine's damage onto two other monsters. That's more proc chances, more life leech, more everything. For a high damage skill like mines, it's a beautiful thing.

Passives are Blur (more melee range safety), Cold Blooded (yay damage), and Astral Presence (since I don't like to run out of AP). Your Passives May Vary.

Why no CM? Never cared for it. If you like Time Warp or Frost Nova or anything else with a timer then you can squeeze in CM and have fun with it.

Why no Arcane Dynamo? I tried it out, but I found it restricts my skill selection in battle. Sometimes you have to move or stop channeling mines, and I found it a nuisance to have to rebuild my stacks and not accidentally drop a blizzard. If you're a micromanagement kind of person then this can work well with mines.

A typical encounter goes like this: Find a group of monsters. Gather them in a group. Cast blizzard on the center of the mob and then start channeling mines. They'll hit you a few times but your armor will build, some will be frozen by Ice Armor, the rest will be chilled, and you're be very safe indeed for the 2 seconds you need. Once the mines start to blow, entire groups will disappear and the monsters on the periphery will be damaged by Electrify procs. For slower more predictable monsters, you can pre-cast some mines and drop a blizzard just as you anticipate they will explode so you can maximize the cold time. If you're bored or in trouble, you can use Healing Blades to get a quick refill.

I've got 56.5% crit chance and 20 APOC on my gear and I do just fine with AP. Since mines are on a delay, you can compensate for being Frozen by throwing down a few mines and a Blizzard before you get stuck. I have enough life leech to keep me going through that, generally speaking. I can channel through single plague spots and arcane beams. Multiples of these can be troublesome, as they often are for many builds.

Thanks for reading. :)
Reply Quote
@loroese, ty for the build advice and this posting.

@3stars ty for the fork on the build
And of course to all others in the discussion for contributing.

Man this build is fun

Skelious
Reply Quote
View profile
3stars nice build!! I can tank much better with the -32% melee from ice and blur. In fact solo is no issue with slowing blizzard does and freeze if they hit. I want them to hit so my armor goes up. VEry fun!!!
Reply Quote
It's pretty cool to see variants of the build floating around. There's definitely a lot of options available for people to tailor it to their personal tastes. I'm kind of hung up on the AD variants because I like the potential for super high dps. I also find that having a sig spell helps if AP is ever an issue, which is somewhat rare for AT builds but is still useful on occasion. I'll likely be dropping it for the expansion though, since they're changing the AD from a proc to a per cast basis. It'd still be good for Ubers, but not so much for farming rares since it's very uncommon to sit and channel AM for more than 10s at a time against rare packs.
Reply Quote
I ran a few variations of this build to excellent effect in Hardcore. Dropped Sparkflint for Arcane Hydra for more mobility and kiting. It's a super-stable build that gives you everything you want in a hardcore character. Sadly I got an insanely bad DC about 3 seconds after I activated the Skeleton King on Inferno...

Once I work up the courage to grind up another wiz, I'll almost certainly run this again. Highly recommend.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
^
Reply Quote
Trying out other variants in an effort to eliminate Blizzard. Interestingly, one of the easiest was to use Frost Hydra which will freeze in any direction for 15 seconds, longer than any blizzard rune. I'm now dabbling in CM and am using Frost Nova/Deep Freeze for crit chance and Ice Armor/Ice Reflect for additional crowd control. I've also subbed in Deep Cuts instead of Healing Blades for more damage on singles.

Oh, and I gave my Enchantress an Azurewrath, so she's like a cold damage machine gun. I'm probably going to be on the lookout for a cold damage Tal's amulet so cold damage and Cold Blooded will be baked into Spectral Blades.

It's definitely less safe than my previous effort, but the DPS boost is nice from the extra crit chance.
Reply Quote
Hey ThreeStars, have you given Explosive Blast/Time Bomb + Ice Armor/Frozen Storm a shot in your AM/CM adventures? Something like this
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#keQfSh!dgW!abacaZ really wrecks havoc on big crowds and provides mob herding ability as well. EB/TB is immensely powerful in combo with Electrify, just like AM is. This build really slows down against single targets, so that's a bummer. Great for XP farming, though, and fun.

I really like your original Blizzard implementation of AM, and I myself have been tending back toward those setups. Here's my primary build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#keQlST!dYW!ababac

It's really interesting how our Blizzard AM builds differ. You've got a defense based on Ice Armor, whereas mine leans heavily on the Illusionist paradigm. You're practically indestructible with Crystallize and may dedicate all your attack turns to dealing damage, whereas my Illusionist defense can get demanding in that regard.

The advantage of my Illusionist defense is Mirror Image, which really helps keep me cleaner against Nightmare/Knockback/Frozen affixes, plus gives me a reliable cushion against incoming damage before AM is armed, or to cover those life steal "gaps" I get when my AM channel is interrupted (e.g., Blizzard casts, knocked back). Also, I've got Teleport available at all times.

Our offensive paradigm is basically the same, except I've got Storm Armor in to help with single target performance, plus a little extra sauce against big crowds with Shocking Aspect (which procs really well with AM). I'm also able to take Glass Cannon (versus your choice of Blur) since I always have Safe Passage available via Illusionist.

When I look at your build, I find myself wondering what you might come up with if AP-minded skills like Spectral Blades and Astral Presence weren't in there.

In any case, AM is such an uniquely awesome skill to build around, one that's certainly good enough to be a way of life. Not only is it an explosive and high multiplier baseline offense, but that 2-second arming delay actually gives us a huge defensive advantage in that heavy life steal is still incoming 2 seconds after any interrupt, which happens a lot in D3. Can't say this for any other skill wizards have.
Reply Quote
Hi MILESIAN! Glad you like my build. :-)

Here's my latest iteration: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WeihfS!WgX!abYZZa

I took your idea about Explosive Blast/Time Bomb, and it's great supplemental damage. I just can't get used to using Frozen Storm. It's a funny choice, but I've basically figured out that the best source for applying Cold Blooded in this build as far as range, duration and utility is Frost Hydra. 3 independently targeting cold nozzles at your disposal. Only 15 AP per cast. Lasts 15 seconds, so fire and forget. The range is better than a non-Stark Winter Blizzard and may be comparable to Stark Winter, although I didn't measure all that precisely. You can cast it ahead of you to prep an area for your arrival and create relative safety. I know the damage is lousy but for what I require of it, it seems to work fantastic. I swapped out Sparkflint for FH and used EB/TB to make up for the damage lost and it appears to be a very effective trade. It also let me go back to Crystallize from Ice Reflect, so I've regained my big armor boost.

I also have to give props once again to my Azurewrath Enchantress. Her damage is low but she can keep a single elite practically on lockdown with freeze. It's really something to see in action. I need to see about some different ring/ammy options for her with freeze chance and attack speed.

Spectral Blades is there for a few reasons. First, it's good to gain a big chunk of AP and/or life when you really need it. With Cold Blooded in effect, it's often my best option for immediate damage against 1-2 monsters, as compared to the delays of Time Bomb or Arcane Mines. You're right in that single monsters are a significant hole in a lot of Mines builds, but I find that this seems to fill that hole. Plus, since I run with a dagger I'm getting the most out of that weapon's inherent attack speed. When I hit a Frenzied shrine and lose the ability to channel Mines indefinitely (>1.905 APS), suddenly I have big time damage from spammed Blades, multiplied through Cold Blooded and proccing Electrify all over the place. My Oculus is +damage to Spectral Blades and I don't see many other skill options (besides Blizzard) to put there that will work with this build. (My main stole my good Blizzard Oculus since that skill was more important to him. Now that he's retired at P100 it's on my third wiz.)

Astral Presence is there because I really really don't like to run out of AP, and it allows a longer Mines channel against smaller groups when the crit gods are not on your side. It is, however, on my list to be replaced if I find I can live without it.

I have never been able to run Illusionist effectively. The reason is that my gear is always very defensive and I often have high mitigation (91%+ with all 3 stacks of Crystallize), so I never trigger Illusionist's effect. I've tried my best not to use Teleport either as a personal preference, since there really isn't all that much in the game that can't be sidestepped if you watch for it.

I'm glad to see other people theorycrafting around AM. :-)
Reply Quote
The Arcane Mines journey continues.

Here's the build I've been working on lately written out guide-style. We'll call it..."Minesweeper". :)

TL:DR: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WegYfS!WgX!abZYaa

Chilling Aura is your portable no cost Cold Blooded field. Feel free to use Frozen Storm if that's your preference, or load up your Scoundrel with a Buriza, or run with someone else doing cold damage. I don't find relying on Ice Armor's proc alone all that helpful, since you'll want to be damaging monsters outside melee range and you won't want to be hit that much.

MW:Electrify does well with high damage and proc chance skills (Arcane Mines), and/or rapid application of damage (Spectral Blades:Deep Cuts). It also benefits greatly (and sometimes even double dips) from damage boosts. In this case, you'll be using Cold Blooded (20% when chilled), Slow Time:Time Warp (20% when in the bubble), Frost Nova:Deep Freeze (15% crit chance as long as you hit 5 monsters with the nova).

Gather a group of monsters numbering at least 5 (or a heck of a lot more if you're feeling brave). Cast Deep Freeze and ST:Time Warp. Start channeling mines in a "sweep" across the group as a whole, making sure that you cover as wide an area as possible. Don't leave any mines just sitting on free ground, since you want them to explode as soon as they arm. Since mines can only be out 6 at a time, make sure you count the casts and stop at 6.

Then start spamming Deep Cuts into the group. This serves to add some extra damage (boosted by your support skills), leech you some life and APOC, and most importantly help to reset the cooldowns via CM on TW and FN. Then...KABOOM! Each mine will blow up, likely proccing Electrify. As you're no doubt aware, Electrify will do 10% of the base skill's damage to 3 nearby enemies. Since I'm casting mines that are critting up to 1.3m damage a pop, that's up to 13,000 x 3 = 39k extra damage per mine as long as I have 3 other monsters around.

If anything is left after the mines explode, you can either repeat the cycle, keep on channeling Mines, or use Spectral Blades alone. A single monster will likely go down more safely and efficiently to Blades spam (with all the buffs in place) than a channel of Mines. A single elite is a judgment call depending on how much standing still that elite is willing to do. Elite Wretched Mothers are not a minelayer's friend, especially if they're fast. A Frenzied shrine can cripple Mines channeling if your APS is >1.905 so I also lean more toward Blades in those situations. All the usual benefits from Electrify apply for Spectral Blades as well.

Permafreeze is not all that effective in this build since you'll want the monsters to be bunching up on you whenever possible, not stuck in place. I only use Frost Nova when I know I have 5+ around me for the buff, or against elites as a convenience. If you're going to spam anything it's going to be Time Warp. A Cyclone Strike monk will be your best friend in the world.

My current passives are Cold Blooded (for bonus damage), CM (so TW and FN are always at your fingertips), and Astral Presence (bigger AP pool and regen. I hate to run out). The last one can likely be subbed out per your preference.

Other than the 12% melee reduction from Ice Armor, this build doesn't have much passive defense available, so gearing for EHP is likely the way to go. You will rely more on freezing and slowing large groups and leeching life to keep you alive. Ranged monsters will hurt and you're not going to be tanking Molten explosions unless you're actively damaging something. You can farm the Fields and Weeping Hollow to your heart's content. You can sub in Crystallize if you want, but if things are going well then you're not going to get hit enough to get and retain the armor bonus. You can sub in Blur as well, but it won't help against arrows and other ranged damage. Unstable Anomaly would likely work to save you from a botched monster herding, as long as you're not botching things too often. (Edit: I just put in UA and I like it a lot. Astral Presence was an unneeded luxury)

So, yeah, lots of words, but lots of fun as well.
Edited by ThreeStars#1571 on 11/17/2013 5:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
I just finished building my Arcane Mines set, and I have some questions about yours, ThreeStars.

First off, wouldn't you want to drop your attack speed to 1.9 or below so you don't have to stop channeling mines?

No arcane dynamo? I love the spectral blades, deep cuts...but arcane dynamo turns a perma channeling mine build up a notch, no?

I was thinking about Cold Hydra from your post above myself, that 15 second timer is tempting. That being said, I feel as if I shouldn't need that long in a trash mob fight...if I do, I should lower my mp. Same for E's. If I can't kill the thing in the time it takes for a blizzard or two to wear off..I shouldnt be running the mp I'm on. I have been using Living Lightning to build Arcane dynamo stacks before perma channeling mines. I still use Blizzard WITH ice armor chilling aura because sometimes I don't wanna interrupt my channel to proc cold blooded...but sometimes I need to cast cold damage afar.

I can't get there on why you use Frost Nova and Critical Mass though...Once you get the crit bonus from DF, you don't need to spam (cuz you can't anyway) another FN until the crit bonus wears off. So why CM it back to cooldown if you're not gonna get any more bonus from the freeze? (since you're running ice armor anyway)

If you lower your APS, you won't need Astral Presence at all. Could swap in Arcane Dynamo right thurrr.

Timewarp seems interesting as a CC.

Nice write up..I'm curious what Loroese will have to say. I just finished building a BEAST that can run this.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Melkor
BEAST

yup. you are a beast. solid.
Reply Quote
Hi Melkor!

I just finished building my Arcane Mines set, and I have some questions about yours, ThreeStars.

First off, wouldn't you want to drop your attack speed to 1.9 or below so you don't have to stop channeling mines?

My natural attack speed is 1.635 with my dagger, so channeling is no problem. It's difficult to find a good dagger, but I like the inherent weapon speed for mines placement and blades spam. I don't have much attack speed gear, since I tend to run channeling builds in which it's counterproductive. With a Frenzied shrine, I bump to just over 2 APS and lose the ability to perma-channel mines.

No arcane dynamo? I love the spectral blades, deep cuts...but arcane dynamo turns a perma channeling mine build up a notch, no?

It comes down to flexibility of skills in battle for me. I don't always go SB-->AM. In fact, in most situations, I'm going to be tossing out a FN and channeling my 6+ mines long before I take swipes with SB. To me there are too many decisions to make in this build to tie down my skill order like that. My main Wiz used AD to great effect, but he only had to decide between Blizzard and Sleet Storm after LL spamming.

I was thinking about Cold Hydra from your post above myself, that 15 second timer is tempting. That being said, I feel as if I shouldn't need that long in a trash mob fight...if I do, I should lower my mp. Same for E's. If I can't kill the thing in the time it takes for a blizzard or two to wear off..I shouldnt be running the mp I'm on. I have been using Living Lightning to build Arcane dynamo stacks before perma channeling mines. I still use Blizzard WITH ice armor chilling aura because sometimes I don't wanna interrupt my channel to proc cold blooded...but sometimes I need to cast cold damage afar.

I ran Frost Hydra until I figured out that I could get the same functionality from Ice Armor with Chilling Aura and that only needs to be recast every 2 minutes. Plus, it saved me a skill slot in the process. I tend to play more with survivability and utility in mind (since dead = 0 DPS) rather than farming speed, but I know I'm one of the few with that regard. So, I would say that my wiz is very MP10 capable based on what I like to do, but I'm likely not "sweeping" the fields as fast as your average SNS'er.

I can't get there on why you use Frost Nova and Critical Mass though...Once you get the crit bonus from DF, you don't need to spam (cuz you can't anyway) another FN until the crit bonus wears off. So why CM it back to cooldown if you're not gonna get any more bonus from the freeze? (since you're running ice armor anyway)

It's mostly the utility of having FN at my fingertips, and being able to extend the duration of the crit chance boost if the opportunity presents itself. Like, if 5 monsters are still left after my first sweep and the cooldown has reset, then it makes sense to pop another FN and reset the boost. Once I'm down to <5 monsters then it's also useful for breathing space in a pinch, even if the Deep Freeze bonus doesn't trigger. CM also helps me keep Time Warp up whenever possible, which is arguably more important than FN is for this build. (Slows ranged damage, which is an Achilles' Heel). TW can help group damage as well, and the more uptime the better.

If you lower your APS, you won't need Astral Presence at all. Could swap in Arcane Dynamo right thurrr.

I actually just put in Unstable Anomaly instead of Astral Presence, and you're right, I don't miss it at all. It lets me be more aggressive with my herding since I know I have an "extra life" if I get cornered.

Timewarp seems interesting as a CC.

Yeah, like I said above, it serves several purposes. It patches a big hole in your defense by giving some safety margin for ranged stuff. It boosts not only the initial damage from the mines but also the damage from the Electrify procs. Smarter people than me figured out that Electrify is essentially getting a double benefit from Time Warp's damage boost. Deep Cuts also gets similar benefits here.

Nice write up..I'm curious what Loroese will have to say. I just finished building a BEAST that can run this.

Glad you like it. Keep the feedback coming. :-)
Reply Quote
It's a funny choice, but I've basically figured out that the best source for applying Cold Blooded in this build as far as range, duration and utility is Frost Hydra. 3 independently targeting cold nozzles at your disposal. Only 15 AP per cast. Lasts 15 seconds, so fire and forget.

You've got me thinking about Hydra, now. It's actually a great fit in an offense that already has two main spells dealing damage (AM + EB), and Hydra is being used as a third DPS supplement. Your iteration here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WeihfS!WgX!abYZZa is really cool, and you've convinced me to replace my Ice/Frozen Armor with Hydra altogether in my CM version of AM. Will give it a go soon.

One thing I lament about your latest build with Chilling Aura and Time Warp is that there is no longer an effective ranged AM option. Not suggesting it's any less powerful than your previous builds, just a bit less well-rounded; Frost Nova isn't going to be available often enough to control kiting elite packs.

Spectral Blades is there for a few reasons. First, it's good to gain a big chunk of AP and/or life when you really need it. With Cold Blooded in effect, it's often my best option for immediate damage against 1-2 monsters, as compared to the delays of Time Bomb or Arcane Mines. You're right in that single monsters are a significant hole in a lot of Mines builds, but I find that this seems to fill that hole.

This is very reasonable, but I can't get over the fact that every attack turn spent on Spectral Blades = two fewer AM casts. Huge difference in performance, that. The only thing that might mitigate that is, as Melkor suggested, to slot in Arcane Dynamo. Even a short 2-3 second AD-boosted AM burst could make up for the DPS loss that comes with the signature spell territory.

That said, I feel AD is really purposed for a signature spell + one spell combo, perhaps along with a very intermittent third spell. This doesn't seem to jive with your professed playstyle, which is what made me wonder what AM builds you might come up with if you had slower APS and were sans Spectral Blades.

For myself , the AM/TB delay is mitigated by my Illusionist defense, and single target difficulties are more or less mitigated by my 1.4 APS and not having CM in my build.

11/14/2013 06:30 PMPosted by ThreeStars
I've tried my best not to use Teleport either as a personal preference, since there really isn't all that much in the game that can't be sidestepped if you watch for it.

Admirable. I really can't think of a better skill than AM to faciliate your playstyle. For myself, while I do use Teleport as an escape, its main use is for Safe Passage which sparks the viability of cool stuff like Storm Armor/Reactive Armor and Glass Cannon.

Problem is that a perma-channel is hard to come by in this game, what with interrupts of all kinds pounding us every other elite pack. That said, a perma-channel only needs to last so long as to kill off said elite packs, so I suspect godly gear like yours makes the difference in philosophy here, Melkor. As for Loroese, I really don't know how he does it!

Hey, I made a few Act 2 videos of my AM/Blizzard wizard in casual MP 10 action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uI2m0wqa7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE6wp3CohFs
Reply Quote
Nice vids milesian ty for sharing. I am going to be honest this thread drives me crazy, but i love all the variables. :)
Reply Quote
Hey Loroese, take a breaking from fixing fukishima or whatever and start posting in the wiz forums again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]