Diablo® III

Sword and Board - Academy (#2)

how did rahl got banned lol?
Edited by Hitokiri#1546 on 6/2/2013 5:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
He decided to make a post with colorful language, which he's done a few times. Unfortunately, he ran out of warnings and his LordRaahl account was given a permaban.

@smo

If you've been around long enough you've no doubt been exposed to posts by LordRaahl. He wasn't exactly subtle in his opinions of anything. He was more a bull in a china shop. Given his penchant for inflammatory posts, it seems an odd choice for a btag that has any similarity to his. This also applies to his alternate account, CountFury. Both of his D3 accounts got the ban hammer. His only still active account is AngelThirst.

Note: The above applies only to the monk forums, which he trolled quite a bit. I do not find LordRaahl/Countfury/Angelthirst to be a pain in the !@#, but probably a majority of the forum regulars, and non-regulars, do find him annoying and are pleased he is banned.
Reply Quote
so now that we know ive been LrdRahl longer then this other fellow....
Reply Quote
View profile
Thanks Jco, will msg Pudding when I have time.
Reply Quote
@lrdrahl

LordRaahl was around here much longer than you, therefore, in this forum, and this game, you've not been around longer than him. I'm sure you'll get associated with him by some posters, and they'll probably troll you a bit until they figure out you're not one and the same.

In any case, welcome to the monk forum and this thread.
Reply Quote
@lrdrahl you still owe me 5bil when can I expect to get back by
Reply Quote
Sigh
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey this is the S&B thread not the Raahl thread. ;P
Reply Quote
Hey this is the S&B thread not the Raahl thread. ;P

Of course it's the Raahl thread,
I'm like Eminem, Marshal Mathers, and Slim Shady.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hahaha

hiya count! I could make a nice shield out of your SC avatar's head!!! :)
Reply Quote
Sup peeps,

Freshly convert to S&B. Was a 2hander before with skorn.

Would love insights/opinions/advice on balancing my toon now. Currently with my 4p innas( which was meant for 2H, my stat in d3up are:

DPS:128K
163K with Marq Emerald
160K with Marq Ruby

EHP: 798K (change passive to OwE and STI)

I know there is a lot to be change, just need advice from you guys before buying the new items.

Thanks peeps.

edit
updated my items.
Edited by waklu#6726 on 6/2/2013 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OK! As of Friday I upgraded my MH gem and obtained 100K DPS unbuffed!

Today I dropped it, I found a LS/Socket weapon

1206 DPS, 111 Int, 2.9% LS, Socket Fist Weapon! I have my LS weapon! And it's all Black. 50 mil on buyout.
My old weapon: 1272 DPS, 6% IAS, 161 Vit, Socket

Change. Gained 2.9% LS and 11 Resist, Lost 6K damage...and 81K EHP in the form of attack speed and health. I'm down to just over 600K EHP now but maintaining 53K Health and 584 Resist with OWE.

Rate my buy please. I'm gonna go try my new weapon out. If I don't like it I can always sell it for a good profit.

Edit: Just tested it out. I was planning on MP8 Act 3 but accidentally had it on MP10. I managed to hold my own pretty well. Took down a Frozen/desecrate combo Rare without dying. Then a Molten/Vortex Unique killed me three times thanks to the 30 monster mob taking advantage of the momentary vulnerability when vortexed. I didn't go long, ran into a Plague/Desecrate Rare and called it a night. I was able to handle 2 stacks of plague, when Desecrate got in I was done for, naturally with my lower stats. I'm impressed I must say.
Edited by Lancer#1591 on 6/2/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Lancer

Why are you using the passive Combination Stike if you just have one spirit generator? Change it to Beacon of Ytar or add another spirit generator to you built, I recommend Deadly Reach with the rune Foresight.
Reply Quote
@Lancer

Why are you using the passive Combination Stike if you just have one spirit generator? Change it to Beacon of Ytar or add another spirit generator to you built, I recommend Deadly Reach with the rune Foresight.

I regularly swap WoL with either EP, SSS, Foresight, or Blinding Light depending on my mood. If I go SSS I will go Beacon, and sometimes I will with Blinding. Most of the time though I don't need the cooldown reduction and would rather have the constant 8% boost. I keep looking at the passives and might try something but for now Combo Strike feels better when playing.
Reply Quote
Alrighty, I've made some upgrades on my guy and have about 580m left over. I've gone the drop OWE route and I've got 530 minimum on all of my resistances. What should I replace OWE with? I've got fleet footed for faster farming at the moment. Also with the remaining gold should I replace my chest while I'm crafting one or should I use it other places?
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 06:45 AMPosted by Immortal
Alrighty, I've made some upgrades on my guy and have about 580m left over. I've gone the drop OWE route and I've got 530 minimum on all of my resistances. What should I replace OWE with? I've got fleet footed for faster farming at the moment. Also with the remaining gold should I replace my chest while I'm crafting one or should I use it other places?

possibly some form of spirit regen passive would be nice. you have expensive skills and 0.33 spirit regen to compensate is not enough. if you find yourself running out of spirit often then there's your answer.

500m can get you a really nice 180+/250+ vit inna's if you really want an upgrade. pretty sure crafting can provide a GG chest. but if you ever consider getting a mempo, then inna's chest+pants would be integral.
Reply Quote
sup peeps,

updated my snb toon, and turn out quite "ok". Would it be possible to push dps to 200k with 1M EHP?

http://d3up.com/b/713480

it would seem the next immediate upgrades would be the nat ring?

Thanks peeps
Reply Quote
I used to rock a SnB barb (stole my current shield from my barb) and have decided to go monk instead (see profile), obviously I'm slowly working on improving my gear as I acquire gold, my next acquisitions I'm looking to get are nat's boots and inna's chest/pants in order to hit that 24% move speed and get the 7% crit bonus from 2pc nats.

Any thoughts on some other things that may be able to help me out? I tend to teleport to a mob, cyclone a group in, burning palm if I'm taking chunks out of one or bell-nova if it's a group of garbage.
Reply Quote
@waklu Yeah nats ring is your next logical upgrade but what configuration is going to be hard. Probably include cc or maybe even go trifecta. Of course this is going to affect your EHP but that is your goal and what you want should be obtainable. Have you considered a tals chest? your att spd is a bit low and this may help.
Edited by oldman54#6284 on 6/3/2013 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]