Diablo® III

Sword and Board - Academy (#2)

06/03/2013 07:44 PMPosted by oldman54
@waklu Yeah nats ring is your next logical upgrade but what configuration is going to be hard. Probably include cc or maybe even go trifecta. Of course this is going to affect your EHP but that is your goal and what you want should be obtainable. Have you considered a tals chest? your att spd is a bit low and this may help.

@oldman

Awesome monk you have there.

I would like to get a "balanced" nat ring with the stats of avg dmg/dex/CDMG and either AR/VIT/% LIFE. Trifecta nats ring might be too expensive for me sadly. My CC currently is way higher than my CDMG. That is why I'm opting for CDMG nats ring.

Yeah i notice my IAS is quite low ATM, am working to improve on this. About Tals chest, I'm afraid this will drop my EHP further, but nonetheless the IAS is great. What stat should i look into tals mate?

Thanks
Reply Quote
Was thinking an 80dex/260 vit but you will loose a heap of EHP so forget it i think. Probably just keep crafting gloves and ammy's and hope for the ultimate roll, that is unless you want to sacrifice some ehp of course.
Reply Quote
@waklu
06/03/2013 09:51 PMPosted by oldman54
Was thinking an 80dex/260 vit but you will loose a heap of EHP so forget it i think. Probably just keep crafting gloves and ammy's and hope for the ultimate roll, that is unless you want to sacrifice some ehp of course.

There are still some other options, depending on what goals are with Tal Rasha's. You've got 70+ AR / 260+ Vit. That tends to be more DPS than Inna's (assuming no set bonus), similar EHP, but much more of the EHP coming from mitigation. It's not much of a boost to DPS, but it's some.

A different way to go is of course the Mempo for your helm. Virtually any Dex Mempo you get will be a DPS upgrade. Get one with poison resist or Vit and you can get a DPS/EHP/mitigation upgrade. Hell, there's one on the AH right now under 1m, bidding ends in 6 hours, that's a 2.5K DPS, 9K EHP upgrade for you... these things are a dime a dozen). A decent Vit one (20m gold or so) can actually gain you enough EHP to give you even more wiggle room to add DPS on the rest of your gear.

Or you can "spend" a bit of your EHP (and 50m-500m gold or so) and get a 250-280 Dex Mempo. That's a 4K to 6K DPS increase for a negligible loss of EHP (30K or so). If you get a Dex/Vit roll (upper end) you actually gain EHP here for more wiggle room again.

Of course there's the CC Mempo, but you know the cost and I'm assuming you're not ready to blow that kind of cash. However, there's always Andariel's Visage... The so-called "poor man's Mempo", it actually can out DPS the CC Mempo at a tremendous cost to EHP. There's one on the AH right now for 500m: 253 Dex, 91 Vit, 9% IAS, 4.5% CC, 50 Poison resist. An almost 15K DPS gain for you, if you're wiling to take the 91K EHP loss. Very tempting if you're got the cash as it outs 200K/1m within striking distance.
Reply Quote
Thoughts on my next upgrade?

I'm going to start working on my gems right now since my funds took a hit after getting my weapon. I'm keeping an eye out for rings but it may take some time before I find something that will maintain my EHP. I want to stay Shield, committed to it! So, other than gems and rings, where is my next upgrade? I think Inna's Radiance since I'm not a big spirit spender and the one I have (only spent 50K on it) has a random roll that is wasted on me, your thoughts?
Reply Quote
@lancer

get an innas chest with high vit, like 200+ and get a real ammy. please! :)
Reply Quote
@waklu

There are still some other options, depending on what goals are with Tal Rasha's. You've got 70+ AR / 260+ Vit. That tends to be more DPS than Inna's (assuming no set bonus), similar EHP, but much more of the EHP coming from mitigation. It's not much of a boost to DPS, but it's some.

A different way to go is of course the Mempo for your helm. Virtually any Dex Mempo you get will be a DPS upgrade. Get one with poison resist or Vit and you can get a DPS/EHP/mitigation upgrade. Hell, there's one on the AH right now under 1m, bidding ends in 6 hours, that's a 2.5K DPS, 9K EHP upgrade for you... these things are a dime a dozen). A decent Vit one (20m gold or so) can actually gain you enough EHP to give you even more wiggle room to add DPS on the rest of your gear.

Or you can "spend" a bit of your EHP (and 50m-500m gold or so) and get a 250-280 Dex Mempo. That's a 4K to 6K DPS increase for a negligible loss of EHP (30K or so). If you get a Dex/Vit roll (upper end) you actually gain EHP here for more wiggle room again.

Of course there's the CC Mempo, but you know the cost and I'm assuming you're not ready to blow that kind of cash. However, there's always Andariel's Visage... The so-called "poor man's Mempo", it actually can out DPS the CC Mempo at a tremendous cost to EHP. There's one on the AH right now for 500m: 253 Dex, 91 Vit, 9% IAS, 4.5% CC, 50 Poison resist. An almost 15K DPS gain for you, if you're wiling to take the 91K EHP loss. Very tempting if you're got the cash as it outs 200K/1m within striking distance.

@Demiwraith

Thanks for the opinions mate. Really appreciate it.

I'll pass the Tal chest for the time being. As for the Mempos suggestion, that is a brilliant one. A quick look up yesterday on the AH, 270 dex 70+ Vit is quite expensive to be honest. Ranging from 500m to beez. But i will keep looking for that helm since it wont drop my ehp that much. And yeah, CC mempos might be out of reach for the time being :p

I just aquired a new nat ring yesterday and boosted my DPS to my level now. Currently sitting at 195k DPS/1M EHP. A perfectly rolled bifecta or trifecta glove should add another 5k++ I reckon.

Again, thanks for the suggestion Demi. Keep em coming.
Reply Quote
have an awesome shield for sale
1207 Armor
16% Block Chance

259dex
49vit
48 arcane resist
73 all Resist
10 Critical Hit chance

Message me in game HessWaldo
Reply Quote
But for the low vit, that's a nice shield. You are better off posting items for sale in the trade forum or on AH.
Reply Quote
@jco

Any opinions/suggestions for my snb toon? I refer to your toon a lot for guidance TBH. And your axe..out of this world dude

Thanks mate
Reply Quote
@waklu

What is your goal? Your s/b monk looks solid.
Edited by jco310#1218 on 6/4/2013 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@jco

I'd like some suggestions too, like: Do you think that is possible/viable hit 200k DPS and 80K HP using Skull Grasp and avoiding Natalya's combo?
Reply Quote
@waklu

What is your goal? Your s/b monk looks solid.

Looking to get 200k DPS/1M EHP. And if possible, to push the DPS higher while maintaining the EHP. Farming at mp9-10 would be the aim.

About life sustain, 3LS is quite tricky for nasty elites affixes. I was thinking to add a little bit LoH somewhere. It would be near impossible to get the weapon as yours. Which slot do you think best for this?

Thanks mate.
Reply Quote
Feel sorry for jco cause every time he posts he gets inundated. Deserves it too lol.

@waklu, i can answer that cause it is simple, ammy. Obviously as much as possible but i reckon no less than 700.
Reply Quote
Feel sorry for jco cause every time he posts he gets inundated. Deserves it too lol.

@waklu, i can answer that cause it is simple, ammy. Obviously as much as possible but i reckon no less than 700.

noted mate. Off to DE farm then :)
Reply Quote
I have a few one possibly "Ridiculous" shield(s) for sale.
I've had a few amazing ones in my day but my favorite I got on a drop (as oppossed to buying)
1529 Armor, 29% Block Chance 9,5% Crit Chance w/ low str (50ish) dex 178, vit 100~ 59 Fire Res
The armor and block alone make it worth using but i figure to a fire monk it' may not feel... lacking.

This game was all about shield 1H til you really got some solid gear together. Making that increasee to make LS worth it, vs giving up my EHP 2m + ...(STI 1=1 still) was a tough period on character in general. Could tank mp10 act iv kw with nothing but LpSS + LoH 8,4k arm 1101 all and 121k hp goes a long way, and still managed to have 60k or so dps. (Non- boss build was coasting around 90-100k dps, but still wasnt finding LS appeasing the way I did when I first learned of LoH + Backlash rune.

Game Hits Harder now, but takes more hits as well. (old game id place at about mp3 just for straight mob attributes. ) (Game hasn't had difficulty since before it had legendaries.. It was a terrible idea to take away monster healing COMPLETELY.

Anyway Block is important,
while its not the reason I'd get a shield, it can be the reason I dont get a shield.
Shield to me = needs to have Armor 1500 is what you should shoot for.
300+ in attributes of (OffAtribut/vital) ... 8+ cc. Single resist if not double.
Reply Quote
Anyway someone said 3% LS is difficult..
I'm doing a good amt of damage with 300+ dex dual res crit shield
2.9 in MH does a lot of healing but if necessary -- LPSS is extremely underrated, LoH is always nice, given on diff slot than weapon. Lpss on Helm Loh on Ammy , rings..-- get to where u dont need more and then add some.
Reply Quote
Ok! I switched my Ammy from BT to this rare. My DPS boost was about 11K, put me over 50% total Crit Hit. and now have a DPS around 106K unbuffed. I lost 10K health and 632 LoH so my EHP took a dive but I'm still above 500K.

I am noticing that I am more vulnerable to Plague/Molten/FireChain/Desecrate now, everything else improved. My Resist went up though so I'm over 600 AR with OWE.

But I found a new skill build that I'm still working with. It's not currently set but when I went solo on MP8 I was using MoE: Hard Target with Exhaulted Soul in place of Combo Strike and ran with WoL: Blinding Light. I must say, this is probably my new solo skill-set for now. My Armor went to 6.7K. Run in and hit BoL; Blazing Wrath and get Cyclones going in 1-2 hits. Then start timing my bells. With over 50% crit I was stunning my primary target (elites) nearly every time. At 250 spirit and 20 spirit per second generation with Thunderclap I could almost perma-stun my target. During Serenity's cooldown period.

Gonna start looking for rings but it'll be difficult to find an upgrade for around 20mil without sacrificing too much EHP. I am crafting bracers....still no 6% CC crafted.
Reply Quote
@darth- I don't find having 3% ls difficult

@lancer- There are quite a few rings on the ah right now that would help you out that are well below your 20m. Replacing your mh ring first with an ias/cd one (your cc is way over your cd). One particular ends in about 3 hours for 4m. It will add about 7k dps and 10k ehp. You have loh on your other ring, I am not sure that you need it on both, guess depends on your mp play.

forgot stats!
56 str
107 dex
59 phys res
ias 9%
cd 31
armor 181
Edited by bapdawg110#1651 on 6/7/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to submit my DH for consideration into the sword and board academy. I am running mp7 pretty easily on him right now, and it is a ton of fun. In case anyone was not familiar, grim reaper will spread the deathblow damage from sever to surrounding enemies.

Any advice on how to gear him up would be appreciated. I know my amulet is in need of an upgrade, and my shield could be better as well, so if anyone has a great shield or amulet for sale I am in the market, working with roughly a 500 million budget. I am running high health globe bonus because I don't have life steal.
Edited by Sheldor#1759 on 6/7/2013 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
At 250 spirit and 20 spirit per second generation with Thunderclap I could almost perma-stun my target. During Serenity's cooldown period.

You're not running a spirit-on-crit generator like Quickening? Now that you've got Life Steal, moar bells = moar life. You drop a ton more bells with Quickening . Should help keep them stunned longer, too.

Gonna start looking for rings but it'll be difficult to find an upgrade for around 20mil without sacrificing too much EHP. I am crafting bracers....still no 6% CC crafted.

How are Inna's helms priced nowadays? You can pick up a ton of EHP/mitigation there. And if you're going with bells (which seem to be the go-to source of most DPS nowadays), much less of your DPS comes from Sweeping Winds now, so I'm not sure how much that bonus is even worth to you anymore.

Anyway, I'd think if you got 50+ Physical resist there (relatively cheap I'd think, especially if you're flexible on all the different good second rolls: AR, armor, life% Vit, LpSS, etc.) Then you don't need to look for resists on the ring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]