Diablo® III

why does the system always lock my account?

why does the system always lock my account when i try to log onto american servers?
most of the time i play on eu, because im german and its the place where the most of my stuff is, but the last days.. meh.. even when i change my pass after i was forced to, it won't let me in the overseas region 8(

i guess i have to create a ticket.. before some hotfix (i believe) i had kind of the same problem, after it; it was all fine, i could change regions without any problems.. but in the last days this strange error occured.. after changing my pass 3 times a day and still not getting access to american servers i just let it be, hoping it would be fine again.. but i'm really not anymore in the mood to even try, because i don't want to change my pass for no reason again^^

maybe some of u know about this? it feels like someone lures behind me..
Edited by KadaverjunkY#2876 on 6/3/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Kadaver, Battle.net is designed to lock an account down if the system does not recognize the location you're logging in from. That being said, I can't offer too many other specific details but I will say that having the free mobile authenticator and SMS Protect set up will help prevent these kinds of locks in the future. If in the meantime, you see that the lock happens again, please reset your password and that should let you back in.

Your account looks to be in good shape, if there's anything else we can do for you please let us know :)
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You may also want to take a look at this sticky which is in wow forums but still relevant and a good sticky for account lock information

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8729062836
Reply Quote
thanks for the quick responses!
if anything strange occurs, i will let you know 8)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]