Diablo® III

I have a dream, hand of Ytar..

.. make it LIGHTNING damage. How is a bolt from the sky NOT lightning damage?!?

I would LOVE to run a build w/ WKL, FoT, SW/CC, AND take out runners with HoY

Imagine how awesome.
Reply Quote
imagine if it can go through walls :D
Reply Quote
It is lightning damage :-/

EDIT: Found my old post about the subject
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8196604624?page=2#24
Edited by Heruzian#1728 on 6/1/2013 1:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
WTF... why isn't this just redic OP running nirvana w/ FoT and SW?!?! The animation on HoY is so fast, you could probably get off 12-14 with decent iAS... I know the damage don't compare, but buffed w/ solid WKL???.... should be about 580 wep damage and really LOW resource requirement. this helps when you need to manually refresh SW for those of us w/o 4pc innas

gotta dig into this a helluva lot further... I've not seen (so far) a nirvana build based around this concept...
might be a non-starter but it should be fun :-)
Reply Quote
I just loaded it up out of curiosity and HOLY MUTHER !!!! It's got a great Healing aspect of it and it's consistently criting in upwards of 1m +.,

For giggles I loaded up Fist of Thunder / Quickening and with all that Spirit, I Nuked s*** into next week!

Give it a try folks, Looks fun as heck,

-Ach
Reply Quote
^^ oRLY!! man, I'm all OVER this build if that's true just for the sheer S&G. public will be fun bringing 12+ bolts from the sky :-)
Reply Quote
I just loaded it up out of curiosity and HOLY MUTHER !!!! It's got a great Healing aspect of it and it's consistently criting in upwards of 1m +.,

For giggles I loaded up Fist of Thunder / Quickening and with all that Spirit, I Nuked s*** into next week!

Give it a try folks, Looks fun as heck,

-Ach

dude, seriously, can you post your build? I'm giving this a serious shot in public games if it works
Reply Quote
holy jeezus, this is AWESOME!!!! I can get at least 14-15 in 5sec... lord this is really fun
Reply Quote
Now i'm assuming it is lightning based and I use a WKL, so that may help with some of the damage of the Lightning strikes or what not, so just saying,

Ach
Reply Quote
Took a snap shot of a 1m+ crit!

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/traker3/Screenshot040_zpsd2f5faeb.jpg

I think I saw a 2m crit in their too,

Hard as heck to get the screen shots though,

lol good times,

-Ach
Reply Quote
1.2m Crit ;) using Hand of Ytar ;)

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/traker3/Screenshot042_zps50d687c3.jpg

-Ach
Reply Quote
I tried it a bit this morning... it's "cute" but the damage is so pitiful :(
Even with WKL boosting it, takes way too long to kill elites.

If it had splash damage or struck an area, that might be viable.
Reply Quote
[quote="91643426575"]If it had splash damage or struck an area, that might be viable.[/quote

It most absolutely does to AOE damage and splash damage.. hit it in a group of mobs

and if you call 1.2m as poor damage, you must be doing 10m damage crits to think that's nothing,

-Ach
Reply Quote
View profile
I wanted to try Nirvana with TailKick stun rune but this looks like more fun! Will give it a go.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Yeah, I gave this a shot this morning also. The damage is impressive and I have been looking for something worth using as a spender for my WKL build. I'm not sold on it yet since I don't use Nirvana so using LTK means not spamming Overawe as much or using FitL... but if I was running Nirvana it would be a winner in my book.
Reply Quote
I dunno, the damage doesn't seem very impressive compared to bell builds or even cookie cutters. Doesn't seem like a better spirit spender than bell, especially considering that people are posting 6+ mil bell crits
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 08:10 AMPosted by Flattylol
I dunno, the damage doesn't seem very impressive compared to bell builds or even cookie cutters. Doesn't seem like a better spirit spender than bell, especially considering that people are posting 6+ mil bell crits
yeah but they are doing 14-15 kicks per 5 seconds at 1m, and it's dual wield.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]