Diablo® III

Thoughts on Decard Cain in the future.

Is it possible for Deckard Cain to come back? Will there be an Order of Cain formed to carry on his mission, a second Horadrim so to speak, in case the most persistent of evils returns again?
Reply Quote
Well... Magdah IS the Lady of Illusions.... and Belial is the Lord of Lies... it could have been all a ruse... It might not have been Deckard Cain...

Leah was destined to be the "next" Horadrim but with her futur currently unknown (if she is dead or not)... we will see...

(Leah dies... in Heaven... to become the ArchAngel of Justice ?! )
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Rain

Dear no...she better stay dead her purpose was to be Diablo new body and that it.
Reply Quote
Well dead things in Sanctuary have a nasty habit of not always staying that way.

When a Prime evil is killed their unlucky posessee seems to die with them, though see above.
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 12:43 PMPosted by Utam
Dear no...she better stay dead her purpose was to be Diablo new body and that it.

How would you know what her purpose was ? You are maybe right though! She might have only been for that... but ... when they killed Deckard... they also mentioned they wanted a "new" face to represent Diablo franchise....

so its either Leah.. or Tyreal...
Expansions will tell us :p
Reply Quote
It seems like a popular idea for Cain to come back in an expansion. I suppose there are a few ways that they lore guys could pull it off, but for now I don't really see any reason why it should happen.
Reply Quote
please don't bring him back...

I agree his death was hilarious, but bringing back characters is becoming a cliché of blizzard's games. and D3 doesn't even need to do this, there's plenty of room to expand lore in the expansions to come.
Reply Quote
Decard and Leah may be in spirit form, but it would be a bad move for Blizzard to bring them back to life. Their bodies were both incinerated.
Edited by Starblazer#1223 on 6/3/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 01:36 PMPosted by Rain

How would you know what her purpose was ? You are maybe right though! She might have only been for that... but ... when they killed Deckard... they also mentioned they wanted a "new" face to represent Diablo franchise....

so its either Leah.. or Tyreal...
Expansions will tell us :p

I'm guessing the 'new' face is Tyreal but for how long? Big chance they will kill him too later.
One of the rules of Diablo world if you are human you stay dead unless you are a demon or angel =p
Reply Quote
Tyreal was already a face for Diablo. He was hugely important in D2.

They can't have 2 faces? Is this highlander or something?
Reply Quote
Tyreal was already a face for Diablo. He was hugely important in D2.They can't have 2 faces? Is this highlander or something?

Leah is the new face. They said they wanted a fresh new face to carry on the Franchise, hence why Deckard Cain is dead.
Reply Quote
Leah and Deckard should stay dead. If you see then again, then they should be spirits.
Reply Quote
Deckard Cain can probably be brought back by a necromancer. One just has to travel the world collecting all of his damn 'lost satchels'. Echoes of his energy combined with matter containing his physical essence (DNA) should make this possible. Duh! Dont bring back Leah though... ...I still havent forgiven her for giving Diablo boobs.
Reply Quote
- Reddit Diablo
View profile
If you read Diablo 3: The Order, you'll learn quite a lot about Deckard Cain including the fact that he's at least 80 years old at this point, in an age where living to 60 is impressive. Deckard had a very long life filled with both success and regret and I think it's time for him to rest. Reanimating his body would not be very nice to him.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure that it was Andariel who gave Diablo boobs...
Reply Quote
08/15/2013 08:57 AMPosted by Zero
I'm pretty sure that it was Andariel who gave Diablo boobs...

I'd have to side with Erinyes on this one. Leah was a female host for Diablo's soul.
I beleive that, thats where the Lord of Terror picked those up.

It is still unknown what happenend to Leah, my guess is, since she is in the High Heavens, the ArchAngels will be able to salvage her.
Reply Quote
View profile
not to forget now we know something about reaper of souls - grim reaper - death - malthael archangel of death.

we might just yet get to see all the dead folks, leah, cain, aidan, king leoric, wirt, griswold etc etc
Reply Quote

We will rescue Leah's Soul in (one of) the expansion packs. This has been stated by developers around the time of Diablo 3's release.

08/15/2013 03:27 PMPosted by Rain
It is still unknown what happenend to Leah, my guess is, since she is in the High Heavens, the ArchAngels will be able to salvage her.

When the Prime Evil was defeated Leah's soul returned (presumably with the Lords of Hell) to the "Black Abyss" which is where all demon's return upon defeat.

Chris Metzen- "Her spirits still out there somewhere. There's a good girl there that deserves to be saved and... brought back from the Abyss."

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Abyss

I suspect the second expansion will involve us rescuing her from the Black Abyss, and we will also be tasked with trapping the Lords of Hell for good.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/15/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]