Diablo® III

Launcher stuck on "Checking for Updates..."

Anyone else? :/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Bunter,

It may have been a temporary situation but if it's still occurring, could you go through the steps in this article?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/disable-proxy-settings?utm_source= internal-support_forums&utm_medium= posting &utm_campaign=BlizzardCS&utm_content=053013

I uninstalled and tired to reinstall and now Im stuck on checking for updates I have done everything your blue posted had linked and still the same situation. It must be on your end becuase I was able to play and log in fine last night!
Reply Quote
Ok if that doesnt work try deleted the battle.net files in your c:\programdata folder worked for me silly corrupted files.....ehhh
Reply Quote
Tried both solutions and I'm still unable to launch the game.

Solution #1 (Omrakos') didn't change anything. I would still get stuck at "Checking for updates..."

Solution #2 (Cypherz's) simply changed the problem. After I deleted the Battle.net folder I would get another endless loop. The launcher gets stuck at around 33% on "Updating Blizzard Update Agent..."

I also tried the Patch Looping and Corrupt Files solution (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7414952171) and that didn't work either. Stuck at "Checking for updates..." again.

I'm running out of options and I REALLY don't wanna go thru a reinstall, especially if that means I have to redownload every patch.

Any further help is appreciated.

P.S. This somehow reminds me of release day a year ago...
Reply Quote
Could any MVP out there give me a link to a ZIP file containing their Battle.net folder?

I have a feeling that would fix it, just like it fixed Launcher issues for so many people (myself included) on release day.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Reply Quote
OK... I am not about to reinstall because this is not something a reinstall will solve. It's a launcher issue and not a game issue. WoW, SC2 and Diablo 3 all do the same thing when I try to launch them (yea im a fanboy... a disappointed one at that).

I've looked around the forums and the Internet for a solution but I can't find one that works. What really bothers me the most is that I never had this problem aside from the day the game was released and now it just randomly rears its ugly head.

I played just fine yesterday and didn't change anything on my PC. Then today the game refuses to launch because of a stupid launcher issue. Why is there even a launcher? Or better yet, why do I HAVE to go thru the launcher to launch the game? Wouldn't this "issue" be solved if I could just run Diablo.exe from its folder? The Launcher seems to cause more problems than it solves, but I guess advertising the newest products is more important than having a fully-functional game.

Yes, my patience has run out... I'm out of options and no one is helping. This is my last try. If I don't get a response I guess I'll wait until the launcher magically fixes itself just like it magically broke itself.

- Bunter
Reply Quote
Do not reinstall the game I have done it and Im getting an error now saying agent is corrupt and it will not even load the launcher! I hit ctrl alt delete and Im getting 3 agent processes and an error when the launcher fails Error code BLZPTS00007 I have done everything to try and fix this including deleting the battle.net folder numerous times and restarting my comp but nothing is working it was working fine last night and now it wont run at all so I feel your pain Bunter hopefully this agent thing gets fixed asap! come on blues we need assitance! I apologize for misleading anyone into deleteing the b.net folder it does work for some people and i thought it was working for me untill i got that annoying error I had this before I just forgot how I fixed it!
Reply Quote
Had the same problem, I just let it sit there for 3-4 minutes and it finally worked.
Reply Quote
I found a solution after lots of trial and error. Thought I'd come share before I went to bed. Hopefully it works for some of you.

For some weird reason, Internet Explorer seems to be causing the issue. First off, follow Omrakos' instructions in this thread on how to Disable Proxy Settings and Dial-up Connections. After you've done that:

1) Open Internet Explorer.

2) Go to File (Alt+F by default)

3) If Work Offline is checked, uncheck it. If it's not checked, check it then uncheck it.

Voila, working Launcher!

If these steps alone don't fix the Launcher for you, try deleting your Battle.net folder (found in C:\ProgramData) and your Cache folder (C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment), then follow the steps.

Please be sure to post in this thread if this fix worked for you. GL!
Reply Quote
If the IE fix doesn't work for you, this is one that I have gotten to work:

1. Open cmd.exe as administrator.
2. Open your D3 launcher.
3. When you get the "Checking for Updates" bar, type [ipconfig /release] (minus the []) into your command window and press Enter.
4. Your launcher should open up. If it does, go back to your command window and type [ipconfig /renew] (again, minus the []).
5. Check to make sure your launcher is connected. If it is, you're good to go!
Reply Quote
I found a solution after lots of trial and error. Thought I'd come share before I went to bed. Hopefully it works for some of you.

For some weird reason, Internet Explorer seems to be causing the issue. First off, follow Omrakos' instructions in this thread on how to Disable Proxy Settings and Dial-up Connections. After you've done that:

1) Open Internet Explorer.

2) Go to File (Alt+F by default)

3) If Work Offline is checked, uncheck it. If it's not checked, check it then uncheck it.

Voila, working Launcher!

If these steps alone don't fix the Launcher for you, try deleting your Battle.net folder (found in C:\ProgramData) and your Cache folder (C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment), then follow the steps.

Please be sure to post in this thread if this fix worked for you. GL!

Thank you so much Bunter, I've been trying to get my Diablo 3 working for hours but it just wouldn't do anything but that Internet Explorer trick worked perfectly!
Reply Quote
Wow..... That was sooo much trouble for one little change. lol
Reply Quote
@S1ic3r your a legend
Reply Quote
:( No Joy for Me, I tried the above and none worked.
Reply Quote
TY Bunter...I was so pissed all day that I couldn't get on that I raked the entire yard (in October)! Came back in this evening, found this post, and now I'm a happy DH!
Reply Quote
I had to eventually cancel my wow account due to the extremely frustrating level this issue has taken me.
This is something blizzard should be resolving after a couple years of their launcher program being a major cause and pain. I can't play these games I have paid for, like millions of other players. I have come here for help and blizzard never offers anything useful. Its players that are dedicated enough to enjoy blizzards content fixing the game for free for blizzard. I can no longer continue playing their games if this continues, and that really saddens me as I have been a customer since the lost viking days.
Reply Quote
If the IE fix doesn't work for you, this is one that I have gotten to work:

1. Open cmd.exe as administrator.
2. Open your D3 launcher.
3. When you get the "Checking for Updates" bar, type [ipconfig /release] (minus the []) into your command window and press Enter.
4. Your launcher should open up. If it does, go back to your command window and type [ipconfig /renew] (again, minus the []).
5. Check to make sure your launcher is connected. If it is, you're good to go!

Thank you so much! That did the trick. Now I have to reinstall the game again but hey ho.

Edit; nope it's just temporary. Closest thing to a fix I've yet found though.
Edited by TheXand#2738 on 10/21/2013 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For whatever reason, Internet Explorer (which I never use) was set to "work offline". For whatever reason, with Internet Explorer set to work offline, the Diablo 3 installer was failing to do anything other than time out.

After i disabled "work offline" D work perfectly.hope that helps
Reply Quote
Ok, so the ipconfig commands worked once, now when I try to open the games it is giving the same error and ipconfig no longer works to resolve the issue. Any ideas?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]