Diablo® III

200k dps with soj without full zuni n viable

This setup is an unconventional gearing/build spec, i will just post the pros and cons about it

Pros

- it enables your WD to use PTV
- it opens up alot of gearing variations
- its relatively cheaper than the conventional way of gearing a WD(full zunis) to hit 200k dps with soj.
- you get to utilize alot of set bonuses, eg. you can have blackthorne, tals set, zuni set, and manajuma set all at the same time.
- you have a different WD and working great at the same time :D

Cons

- i dont know, you tell me

below is an example of many plausible ways to build one, i chose to stack dex on her, you can take your pick on that free slot.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pBeybq-6872/hero/33383452

i cant do a detail write out, as there are just too many ways to gear it atm, but mandatory items are soj(mainly for the max mana bonus) for which ever bonus you want, another piece with max mana bonus(could be mojo or helm) i run with 78 base mana regen without any passive, as of current set up i can spam bats for over 20 sec in idle mode.

*However this does not conclude that ptv doesnt need fix, it does

support the change here : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9165487423

if you have any question or doubts, feel free to ask.
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 6/3/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Just make some videos of ur mp10 farming.. a picture tells a thousand words.
Reply Quote
if you used 4 piece zuni
wouldn't that just make it more viable? :P
Reply Quote
No GI for CD reduction
NO SW for when that OH !@#$ situation occurs.

you are using passives such as SA/circle of life+ one skill slot (sacrifice) to make up for your lack of mana regen.. just get a damn zuni set.
2 extra wasted passives+1 skill slot used to make sure you can NOT use zuni set is not viable

NTY.

plus gearing for 4 set zuni is already so cheap....

D:
Reply Quote
if you used 4 piece zuni
wouldn't that just make it more viable? :P

its about gearing a WD differently and making it work at the same time, and doing it this way is alot cheaper than the usual way of building one, how expensive it is to hit 200k with soj? a hell lot more

and i cant make a vid, too bad. but if it doesnt work, i wont even bother sharing. :D
Reply Quote
No GI for CD reduction
NO SW for when that OH !@#$ situation occurs.

you are using passives such as SA/circle of life+ one skill slot (sacrifice) to make up for your lack of mana regen.. just get a damn zuni set.
2 extra wasted passives+1 skill slot used to make sure you can NOT use zuni set is not viable

NTY.

plus gearing for 4 set zuni is already so cheap....

D:

cheap? try hitting it with 200k and soj, its not that cheap, viable is something you can utilize and work. see your gooooly gears you have? godly i mean lol, that different WD i have is doing alil more dps than your WD in terms of elites dmg. so yeah it shows
Reply Quote
yeah a a whole 5k dps vs elites will make a whole .5 seconds.

Oh, yeah.. I get Gruesome feast which buffes me like 20k dps per globe i pick up.

firstly, in your setup you will get rocked against reflect elites as you dont have horrify-FA and only 2.5 ls.

you probably can channel COB for a whole 5 seconds before going OOM.

you only hit that high dps due to the extra IAS from tals+20% dmg from PTV which is really not worth it.

anyways, the most imporant thing is that you dont have GI, a WD CANNOT play in todays scene without it. Its like a CM wizard playing without CM.
Reply Quote

Oh, yeah.. I get Gruesome feast which buffes me like 20k dps per globe i pick up.

firstly, in your setup you will get rocked against reflect elites as you dont have horrify-FA and only 2.5 ls.

you only hit that high dps due to the extra IAS from tals+20% dmg from PTV which is really not worth it.

anyways, the most imporant thing is that you dont have GI, a WD CANNOT play in todays scene without it. Its like a CM wizard playing without CM.

lol if you are here to troll, i suggest you go other places. i already said, i spam bats >20secs. reading that hard? you can simply get >2.5LS, lol 2.5LS isnt stapled to this build. read again please, and yeah who says we gotta run GI? i havent run GI in a long time, and i am fine with it. even on my main doc, where elites die in < 5 secs. whats there to spirit walk to? mobs are so closely packed.

why do you even need FA, i ditched that long ago. lol

i am only running 2 ias gears, even if i drop my witching hour, i am still over 200k with soj, that tals chest is mainly for fire bonus with 2nd piece, the rest is pure dps. yeah i got a boost from ptv, but so? i made it work.

if you havent try pride i suggest you try it out, tals chest doct lol
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 04:34 PMPosted by pBeybq
below is an example of many plausible ways to build one, i chose to stack dex on her, you can take your pick on that free slot.

Since you are not using Zuni 2pc and you want to stack Dex. Then how about Nat's 2pc? The 13%CHC is huge DPS. I'm saying this when comparing the Zuni %ele damage for 1H black weapon versus the extra 9.5% CHC with your already-high CHD pairing.

Also for consideration, Zuni boots with Zuni chest, dropping the IAS for better mana management and increasing defensive attributes.

Overall, nice creative post. :)
Reply Quote
have you tried the build in act 4?
Reply Quote
The thing is.

if I wanted to, I could pull off a skorn 4 peice zuni and then use PTV for similar EMP/dps to your current setup.

I get to use confuse=20% dmg as well
GI for like 35% dmg increase at max 5 stack
or BBV for like 35% dmg increase
6LS as well for ultimate tankability

you also didnt get your gear for "cheap" as well. if you definition of cheap is a 500m-1bil gear set. I can definetly pull it off with a few decent crafts for a skorn variant that would play smoother.

anyways as someone else said, a video is worth a 1000 words. If you can survive 5 straight vota runs with less than 10 deaths Ill be impressed.

i applaud you for your efforts to be creative, but trying to run PTV with 1.4as wep + 2 ias items while using sac dogs from kiling things as a mana crutch is not exactly the most efficient way to play.

at this rate, id rather take a 50k dps loss and go to 165k dps (which is easily gearable with zuni 4peice+skorn with the same budget you spent on your setup.)

so that I can use other dps passives+skills which ends up being, I want to argue more tankability and faster kill times than the setup you are currently running.
Reply Quote
@eugenius
not all WDs need Gl.
your build, for example, is one of those which will work without cooldown reduction from GI.

Reply Quote
View profile
I just tried for the fun a SOJ and this is not bad... I also not using a full zuni sets

I really %%@!!#%% elite it not even funny lol

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/oldschool16v-1922/PoisonSoul/33684977
Reply Quote
The thing is.

if I wanted to, I could pull off a skorn 4 peice zuni and then use PTV for similar EMP/dps to your current setup.

I get to use confuse=20% dmg as well
GI for like 35% dmg increase at max 5 stack
or BBV for like 35% dmg increase
6LS as well for ultimate tankability

you also didnt get your gear for "cheap" as well. if you definition of cheap is a 500m-1bil gear set. I can definetly pull it off with a few decent crafts for a skorn variant that would play smoother.

anyways as someone else said, a video is worth a 1000 words. If you can survive 5 straight vota runs with less than 10 deaths Ill be impressed.

i applaud you for your efforts to be creative, but trying to run PTV with 1.4as wep + 2 ias items while using sac dogs from kiling things as a mana crutch is not exactly the most efficient way to play.

at this rate, id rather take a 50k dps loss and go to 165k dps (which is easily gearable with zuni 4peice+skorn with the same budget you spent on your setup.)

so that I can use other dps passives+skills which ends up being, I want to argue more tankability and faster kill times than the setup you are currently running.

lol this guy, just wanna argue and be the best.

i am not even saying it the best build or what so ever, its an option, a cheap available one to consider. even if its 1b or 2b, try building one with 1 hander and using ptv, at the current market situation and the increment in WD population, its expensive, and why be the same when you can be different and viable?

the only problem/question before i tried out this build was whether i will be mana craving, it turned out i can spam alot more bats than my main doct, with that being said, you can build piles n piles of ehp on top of the gear. as you can see, i stack dex and regen on my gears, you can simply sub those out for better ehp stats in your favor.

and pride is not a waste of skill, go try it out before you comment on it, even on my main doct(using full zuni). i use it too.

well skorn build is a build. why cant ppl have 1 more to consider? is it because you said so?

and i said i cannot record vid is because i tried it earlier, i got lag immediately after i start recording, and again if it doesnt work, why would i bother? and even if you die too much, stack more ehp items on it.

and chubs, i havent, only tried it in act 1 and 3.

yeah paul. tks for suggesting, unlike some "I SAID NO" doctor. lol
Reply Quote
@eugenius
not all WDs need Gl.
your build, for example, is one of those which will work without cooldown reduction from GI.

exactly luffy, lol, i inspected him and i dont even know where he wanna spirit walk to(only skill in need of CD in his inventory), wait are you forest gump? run forest run !
Reply Quote
View profile
anyways, the most important thing is that you dont have GI, a WD CANNOT play in todays scene without it. Its like a CM wizard playing without CM.

I've heard this from several people including Jumbasa with his devastator/Raki build.

There are many builds that don't use GI. To me GI is weak in high MP. What does it do when fighting elites? That would be zero.

If you use BBV or Confuse and you want to cool it down faster, use GI. If you don't use those skills, what's GI for? Mana regen and life from whites?

I use Locust Swarm to make mana to fuel bears. And I have a Skorn and make health from whites all day. So sorry, no GI needed or wanted here.
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 06:23 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
anyways, the most important thing is that you dont have GI, a WD CANNOT play in todays scene without it. Its like a CM wizard playing without CM.

I've heard this from several people including Jumbasa with his devastator/Raki build.

There are many builds that don't use GI. To me GI is weak in high MP. What does it do when fighting elites? That would be zero.

If you use BBV or Confuse and you want to cool it down faster, use GI. If you don't use those skills, what's GI for? Mana regen and life from whites?

I use Locust Swarm to make mana to fuel bears. And I have a Skorn and make health from whites all day. So sorry, no GI needed or wanted here.

:)
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 06:23 PMPosted by skywalkerfx

You aren't giving enough credit to the mana regen from GI. Not only do all the white mobs/elite minions give you mana, but they also reduce the cooldown of spirit walk. So if you use the honored guest rune, you basically have infinite mana so long as monsters are dying. If you're doing enough damage, this negates the need for BR or SA. What other passives are there?

Spirit Walk (a lesser version of GI for mana, and no other major benefits unless combined with GI)
Gruesome Feast (best passive imo - also required for any farming build)
PtV (Only useful in act 1 with epic gear, or on ubers)
Tribal Rites (Great for group play, especially with GI and good gear)
BR/SA (great for mana, but often not needed when using GI)

Other than mana regen passives, there aren't that many that will meaningfully affect an elite battle. GI actually seems to be one of the best...

Every farming build should have GI/GF. The other slot depends largely on gearing/playstyle.
Reply Quote
its largely dependent on the choice of build, and i tried running GI, with some pur and i dont seem too benefit much from GI, as i dont really see the need to having spirit walk ready. on the mana part, as running on my current main WD build, mana was never an issue, further more the huge initial mana cost of bats, GI dont really do anything while fighting a kiting elite with no trash mobs around.

where as with my build, when you have some dogs ready to sac(where i always have them ready when i need it), you get full mana back, which covers the initial cost of bats in no time.

and due to the massive dmg sacrificing dogs give, you get back to full health in situation when you need it

so yeah

GI/GF combo is not mandatory for all farming build
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 6/4/2013 5:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Viable != optimal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]