Diablo® III

Anyone else quitting to play Marvel Heroes on June 4th?

https://marvelheroes.com/

Because I don't think we'll get 1.0.9 or the Itemization Patch / Endgame Patch before or on June 4th.
Reply Quote
No.

/thread
Reply Quote
why play a game that not only copies diablo but it sucks really bad
Reply Quote
I'll probably be playing with fireworks instead, seeing that it's the 4th and all. If not, just sitting back with my friends and drinking a cold one.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 01:37 PMPosted by PoopyPants

How? It has better itemization and actually has endgame. D3 doesn't have either one.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Bronkash
I'll probably be playing with fireworks instead, seeing that it's the 4th and all. If not, just sitting back with my friends and drinking a cold one.

What's so important about June 4th?
Reply Quote
I would rather build a house out of my toenail clippings then play that game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
06/01/2013 01:38 PMPosted by VanillaRice

How? It has better itemization and actually has endgame. D3 doesn't have either one.

Of course it has an end game. It's an MMO, not an ARPG.

In any case, I'll try it, though I hope it has gotten better since the last beta weekend I played.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 01:41 PMPosted by Shango

What's so important about June 4th?

Shoot, I completely misread that......Thought they were referring to July 4th hahah
Reply Quote
https://marvelheroes.com/

Because I don't think we'll get 1.0.9 or the Itemization Patch / Endgame Patch before or on June 4th.

nope but ill be glad when ppl like u who just whine go away
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Pergalinski
nope but ill be glad when ppl like u who just whine go away

Saying Diablo 3 doesn't have good itemization (when the developer Travis Day admitted it) and saying it doesn't have Endgame (which it doesn't) is considered whining to you?
Reply Quote

That's a little harsh. There are aspects of MH that are quite fun; I'm just not convinced that loot drops and crafting, as implemented, quite work with the superheroic theme of the game (when I think of my favorite comic-book superheroes, their materialism isn't the first thing that leaps to mind), and I'll be honest, it's a little more massively multiplayer than I care for, sometimes, to the point of being plain chaotic.

No, I'm more excited about PoE 0.11.0, which goes live on June 5th.

P.S. To whomever reported this thread... also overly harsh. It's just in the wrong place, and should be relocated to the "Games, Entertainment, and Technology\Games, Gaming, and Hardware" area.
Reply Quote
I played Marvel Heroes extensively during beta and was unfortunately really disappointed, it just doesn't have the polish and fluidity of D3. I was actually really looking forward to it and ended up playing quite a bit but it just doesn't stack up, within a couple weeks I was back to playing Diablo.

I might return to give it another shot once it's seen a few patches. In particular I'd like to see the UI, environments, AI, pathing and combat responsiveness receive a lot of attention.

EDIT: I was also really put off by the how 'freemium' the whole game was. Sure it's free-to-play, but the paid content is continually jammed in your face. Not to mention if you dish out $200.00 (!!!!) for the 'Ultimate Founder's Pack' you get a permanent 5% MF and XP boost to your account. So basically if you don't pay this ridiculous price tag you are forever at a disadvantage in the game. -_-

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game to an extent and will return to it in time. It's just not for me right now.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 6/1/2013 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I will play it because ARPG's are both my favorite game genre and because so few of them are made compared to more popular genres so I gotta try pretty much any title that comes out.
Reply Quote

I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure if it "sucks" or not, but saying it "copies diablo" is really a stretch, isn't it?

I mean, the lead designer of Marvel Heroes created the Diablo franchise...

I'm sure he took most of the same ideas that he had, but he'll be elaborating on them and *gasp* coming up with new ones!
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Popinski

I haven't played the game yet, so I'm not sure if it "sucks" or not, but saying it "copies diablo" is really a stretch, isn't it?

I'm sure he took most of the same ideas that he had, but he'll be elaborating on them and *gasp* coming up with new ones!

To be fair, the original Diablo pretty much set the standard for the form that all isometric dungeon crawler hack and slash games have taken since its release. Essentially, everything that came out after Diablo copied Diablo.

So to say that is meaningless because its like saying that a game is a copycat game merely by belonging to its own genre. Its like saying every car ever released is nothing more than a clone of the Ford Model-T.
Reply Quote
06/01/2013 02:02 PMPosted by ODDBALL

To be fair, the original Diablo pretty much set the standard for the form that all isometric dungeon crawler hack and slash games have taken since its release. Essentially, everything that came out after Diablo copied Diablo.

So to say that is meaningless because its like saying that a game is a copycat game merely by belonging to its own genre. Its like saying every car ever released is nothing more than a clone of the Ford Model-T.

Well, yeah, that's what I meant. I'm sure he meant it as in blatant copyright infringement, though.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
06/01/2013 01:38 PMPosted by VanillaRice

lol I played it, an suffered through the game long enough to get a level. I can't even consider looing at it again. Ironically the developer thinks this is the new d2.
Reply Quote
Why do people have this odd conception that you have to marry one single game? I play both D3 and PoE, and i will give MH a try as well. I may end up hooked up in the 3 =D!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]