Diablo® III

Serious Lag issues since patch 1.08

Ever since patch 1.08 I've experienced tremendous lag

I expeirence in 99% of every public game i join
its 100% reproducible.

I can do a public game or a solo game and same problem
I round up as many mobs as I can and then as i start my spell rotation the screen stutters, lags and I die.
When I join pub games everyone literally complains about same issue. when mob density gets high my ping time goes over 1000 and once all mobs die ping goes back down to maybe 60s

Prior to 1.08 i did not have this issue.
I've installed nothing new, made no changes to my system

i run an iMac 27" 3.4ghz intel core i7, with 32gb of ram, nvidia geforce GTX 680MX 2048mb

I also dumbed down all video settings, running on low FX mode and it makes no difference.

what can I do to reduce this lag?

I assure you its reproducible 100% almost every game, when lots of mobs, it lags.

I experience absolutely no lag when I play other games.
I have checked my ISP performance and its good.
The lag only comes when playing D3 since patch 1.08

can someone help fix this problem?

or is this a known issues that ties into rubberbanding...which i also see but mainly its lag, screens freezes than death.

my gameplay enjoyment is at an all time low.
Reply Quote
My system profile:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM131.010A.B04
SMC Version (system): 2.11f14
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x11a3
Revision ID: 0x00a2
ROM Revision: 3707
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 2560 x 1440
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort
DELL ST2310:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: U217R9BQ336L
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.3.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: John’s iMac
User Name: John (johnchandler)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 1 day21:26

Remember the lag issue only came after patch 1.08, prior to it I never had this kind of lag which I now experience in every single public game I join, its 100% reproducible. I also do a speedtest.net before and after gameplay to verify my ISP is up to par which it is and I can verify this is the only computer on my network, no other computer is using bandwidth.
Reply Quote
Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
Software OS X 10.8.3 (12D78)

payable 50fps all the time
ping 35-40 in any pub or solo game

Mac dont have anything to do here it's ur internet provider who effin you up or stop downloading stuff.
What patch 1.0.8 have anything to do with your latency in game ?
Reply Quote
while i wait for tech support...
is there anything else I can do?
I only have one computer to play from, my other computer is a windows server 2008 so i can do it on that one. I play starcraft 2 and have no issues there, i can stream movies fine. the only problem that i know of is when theres tons of mobs on screen it totally lags out, causing me to die.

my game play enjoyment is at an all time high, i ask around in the public games and it seems many others are experiencing this yet oddly enough i dont see any complaints or posts about here.
Reply Quote
i have found a workaround, not very happy with it but it has lowered the onscreen lag significantly.
I was playing at max resolution which was 2560x1440

I lowered it to 1716x966
with LOX FX mode on
texture quality low
shadow quality low
pyhsics off
clutter density off
anti-aliasing not checked.

max foreground fps 60
max background fps 8

I get alot less lag but when theres like 3 dozen mobs it will still lag but at least i can bear thru it and not die as the lag only lasts 4 to 5 seconds

I dont get it...prior to 1.08 i used to play max resolution with all the effects maxed out and no lag at all.

now i gota dumb everything down, which lowers the game experience.

should i just uninstall d3
and try a clean reinstall of it, would that help?
i dont want to do that because it would take many hours to d/l game and re-install it
Reply Quote
I've lowered my max foreground FPS down to 30
i still get lag but it only lasts a few seconds

seriously how low do i have to go to avoid all lag? 800x600 res?
Reply Quote
I've lowered my max foreground FPS down to 30
i still get lag but it only lasts a few seconds

seriously how low do i have to go to avoid all lag? 800x600 res?

Blizzard is unable to replicate your issues.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Xevas, we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot this in more detail - when you get a chance, can I get you to grab the trace route and then attach that to a ticket describing the issue? If you can also attach the diagnostics on there, that will also help us figure out the best way to go about this.
Reply Quote
Any news about this?

I just acquired a Mac myself and thought I had a decent rig for diablo (GTX765MX)... Yet I get this lag too... Hopefully this can be solved since it apparently came along 1.0.8.

Do you still need a trace? I plan to play this evening and would be able to provide.
Reply Quote
i still have issues
I did everything they suggested, did a tracert, it resolves, submitted my profile info, plus diagnostics. nothing came up negative on my end
submitted the ticket

never heard back
maybe it takes a long time
i did not play all week

the lag is horrible

the only way i can play is to put my settings into LOW FX mode
lower my resolution to 1800 or so

playing at max settings is simply NOT possible.
note prior to patch 1.08 i could do max settings but since patch the lag is horrible

the moment theres like 2 dozen mobs on screen the lag builds up, nothing mobs stop moving but i can see the animation of tornadoes and such, i'll keep casting my spell rotation hoping i'll live but i usually just die as a moment later bam, dead.

can't tele out of it either

I can trace, right now
but the lag is really bad
i ask other players in the game, they say same thing, there is lag
all i can think of the lag is not as bad as mine

i think ppl complain about lag like the weather i guess
but i really do have serious bad lag on every single game I join!!

i just did a speedtest dot net
i get 8 ping
20mbit down and 6mbit up

so its not my isp
its not my imac per se

it has to be something with the game and how it connect to their servers

the lag only happen during D3 gameplay
i do not experience any kind of lag except during d3 gameplay
Edited by Xevas#1709 on 6/7/2013 4:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So I am experiencing the same thing, and the one thing I see in common on this entire thread is we are all 10.8 Mac OSX experiencing serious latency issues.

Seems the graphics engine got screwed on mac.
Reply Quote
same here cannot play anymore :(
Reply Quote
I opened a ticket, went through an exhaustive back and forth with 'troubleshooting', end result being that my hardware is inferior for a pleasurable gameplay experience.

The real end-result is that Blizzard has displayed incorrect system requirements for Diablo 3, and must change them. Not holding my breath.
Edited by Ghostpos#1230 on 6/11/2013 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys would anyone have news?

Any admin to confirm the issue is now known and under investigation/fix? That would be real nice thanks.
Reply Quote
I've got a brand new mac pro, so I know hardware isn't the issue, just an excuse. They just broke their graphics engine for mac and it's too much trouble to fix.

It's not a monthly pay to play and they broke their AH money engine on 1.08 anyways. I'd venture this is the beginning of the end for D3 already.
Reply Quote
this lag is seriously not working out regardless of whatever settings i try. This only happened with 1.08
Reply Quote
I too have the lag while play diablo3 on may macbook.
Reply Quote
I also have been experiencing the same thing on my MacBook Pro with 1.08, even when I go to areas with super fast internet connections. Even when speed tests clock my connection at 150 Mbps download/ 40 Mbps upload speed I still lag for 5-30 seconds when going through a town portal to join teammates in a new area. At this point I can expect to die and have no idea what happened if I ever click on a teammate's banner who is in combat. Combat itself gets laggy if there are too many monsters, which is a problem because I need large groups to regenerate life with WW. The lag has made the game unplayable as a melee character, so I've had to divert my time to the auction house.
Reply Quote
Are you guys talking about network lags or fps drops? Turn fps counter on and check if fps really drops when you experience this issue. And if it's a network lag, I have no idea how graphics engine and changing graphics settings can help or harm in this situation.
Reply Quote
Here is what mine looks like post 1.08, playing on my MBP. THe GFX were never the best, but at least they were smooth. This is unplayable.
Please excuse the circle around the mouse pointer, I think that the screen recording software put that on there since its in trial version.

Anyways, here's the vid:

http://www.kellent.biz/drops/d3wreck2.mp4

EDIT: everything is on low, resolution is pretty low but all resolutions and settings give the same result. Everything is shut off in the background.
Edited by leaf#1621 on 6/25/2013 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]