Diablo® III

Serious Lag issues since patch 1.08

MVP - Technical Support
View profile
The OpenGL implementation is indeed important. Anything that is in the OpenGL spec, but is not covered in Apple's implementation has to be done in-house either via software or a kludge to access the hardware level shaders. You can see this in the farplane clipping problem World of Warcraft has with projected textures around water. On Ultra any objects near water are also mirrored upside down in the air incorrectly. Unfortunately with the drivers and especially certain extensions missing from OpenGL in Apple's implementation, things like this remain a problem.

It's going to be very interesting to see whether or not Mavericks solves a lot of these problems since it has full OpenGL 4.0 support (though only partial 4.1 and almost nonexistent 4.2 support). If Mavericks solves the graphics glitches, it may well be worth my while to set up a Chameleon boot into Mavericks on my Mac Pro 1,1 just for my Blizzard games.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
this game is unplayable.. and to think there are less players playing it and it's still lagging.. Blizz kindly look into this issue during your next maintenance.

500-1000+ ping.. i've done all the usual stuff you say, drivers, etc.. My playing sessions have always been fine before.. if i do get lag, it is ok, i'll just quit and play the next day or the next.. but now, it's like 3 weeks of unbearable lag issues.. I've done nothing new to my PC, never installed new software, no viruses blah2x.. my system specs meet your requirements just fine so don't go into that too.

and pls don't suggest an SSD, because that it ridiculous.. sure it will help but it doesn't help the fact that i can play fine before even without it..
Reply Quote
On the band-wagon with all you on this; connection / lag, rubber-banding, /or system diagnostics bs. Really need to step your game up and fix this ASAP, not the next patch, but now before seeing a massive spike lost of Bliz gamers'. Don't get me wrong, great games but poor IT. Why anyone would need to buy a high-end system to play and receive poor results speaks a strong message. If Blizzard truly cares for those whom support/play your products from the gecko I challenge you to resolve this; not trivial patch upgrades to reward or promote "wow" factor to noobs/trolls/cry-babies, but the real issue at hand.
Reply Quote
Same thing here, but for me it didn't start right away with 1.0.8., but definitely in the last couple months. Never had any issues at all, but now serious lag quite often. Very random though. Played last night for a good hour or two, no problems. This morning is just the opposite.

Running an 8 core Xeon Mac with ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB, which has never been a problem. My internet is over 50mbps with pings generally between 9-15ms.
Reply Quote
I'm having this problem too. I'm noticing that the game lags the hardest upon first starting, though it does continue sporadically for brief moments throughout a play session of any length. I just started playing again (about 2 weeks ago) and had not played for probably about 3 months prior.

I can't imagine it has anything to do with my system specs, as I did not have this problem before I initially took a break from the game.
- i5 2500k
- GTX 780
- 8GB RAM
- ~40ms ping
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Fields, your issue will need to be posted in the Technical Support forum, which is where Windows issues are resolved. You can post there at the link given below. Make sure to provide your dxdiag report in your post as well as the results of a pathping test.

Techical Support: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/

How to run a pathping test: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/running-a-pathping-test
Reply Quote
I to have lag issues. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon, am now sad panda.
Reply Quote
Agreed, I have a nearly brand new machine with strong hardware and other high end games play great. Diablo 3 lags like crazy, almost unplayable.

I'm about to give up on this whole game.
Reply Quote
I have same problem, for some days i have too many lag, the game is unplayable!!!
Reply Quote
Same problem, this really sucks
Reply Quote
Not once since release have i had latency issues, even from Aus - But 3 days ago it began and its been consistent for the past 48 hours. This is gettin beyond a joke , and you know how i know my internet is working fine. Because instead of playing diablo iv been watching !@#$ for 3 days
Reply Quote
Yeah, this is getting really silly. I have been having the lag issues for days and am about to wash my hands of your games blizzard. First my wow experience was ruined now this and come on you have the money to put diablo 3 on console when the PC version still needs fixing better fix it soon or lots of customers will stop playing especially now that elder scrolls online is coming out a year from now.
Reply Quote
It's not just the lag either. It's the disconnect that happens when it's not lagging. I just lost my hardcore lvl 60 fully geared DH to a lag/disconnect just now. It's so frustrating when you spend hundreds of millions of gold, then one lag/disconnect and you lose everything. I think I'm done with this game. That DH was my 6th char that died due to lag and I've already lost countless amount of gold. Not investing anymore of my time when Blizzard can't figure out the lag/disconnect issue... or don't care since we have to die in order for us to spend more money. Gonna go play a game that's a little more reliable... like Batthefield or CoD.
Reply Quote
i am having lags for week now so it seems iam not alone...
Reply Quote
Bittersweet to find this thread and read I'm not the only one...

Definitely having issues here, it's getting to the point where I'm about ready to give up on the game until this is fixed... I took a break from the game for a couple months and tried to come back this week. No issues before and I used to run the game on pretty high settings on my newer MacBook Pro. Coming back this week with patch 1.08 I have major lags and FPS drops even on the absolute lowest graphical settings. I'll try to cycle my spells and skills hoping not to die, but in larger mobs it's almost a guaranteed death. I end up having to spend tons of gold repairing my items when trying to play with my girlfriend and assist her in Inferno (who seems to have no issues on her laptop running Windows.) I've updated all my drivers, run tests and no negatives on my end. This really sucks, and it's kind of unplayable until it's fixed. I'm almost considering just picking up the PS3 version and playing on my big screen.
Edited by BadDreamInc#1470 on 9/16/2013 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
guys! i just discovered something which might really fix the lag error. you don't have to lower the fps and etc. you can still play in full detail settings.
(Reminder: This worked for me and my sister's laptop so hopefully it will also work for you guys)
Instructions:
step 1: Go to Control Panel
Step 2: Go to System and Security
Step 3: At the Windows firewall section, select "allow a program through windows firewall".
Step 4: Look for:
1. Battle.net Update Agent
2. Diablo III Retail
3. Diablo III (optional)(some do not have this)
Step 5: Remove them 1 by 1 in the "allowed programs and features" section.
Step 6: Delete D3Prefs from Documents>Diablo III

You can now play the game after this. no more lags and stuff.
the next time youre going to play d3 again. repeat the 6 steps.

Thank you! I hope this helps.
Reply Quote
The OpenGL implementation is indeed important. Anything that is in the OpenGL spec, but is not covered in Apple's implementation has to be done in-house either via software or a kludge to access the hardware level shaders. You can see this in the farplane clipping problem World of Warcraft has with projected textures around water. On Ultra any objects near water are also mirrored upside down in the air incorrectly. Unfortunately with the drivers and especially certain extensions missing from OpenGL in Apple's implementation, things like this remain a problem.

It's going to be very interesting to see whether or not Mavericks solves a lot of these problems since it has full OpenGL 4.0 support (though only partial 4.1 and almost nonexistent 4.2 support). If Mavericks solves the graphics glitches, it may well be worth my while to set up a Chameleon boot into Mavericks on my Mac Pro 1,1 just for my Blizzard games.

If this is OpenGL related on Apple's OS, why did every Apple seem to take a major hit in fps with patch 1.08? I played this game on high resolution settings since it got out of beta and it looked great and worked great...

Why now since 1.08 are the fps so bad it makes the game useless on Mac?
Reply Quote
29 Undead Warlock
Just adding one more frustrated macuser to this—D3 suddenly became unplayably stuttery once the 1.08 update arrived. Ran just fine with everything maxed prior to that.
Reply Quote
I've seen dozens of posts both on the Mac and Windows support forums on this issue of framerate falling through the floor and bouncing back but I've seen no conclusion of any kind or fix.

Just to add to the plethora of posts that are already out there I'll give a brief description of my problem.

I'm running D3 1.0.8 on a Macbook Pro late 2008 model. My system is osx 10.8.4.

The game runs around 45-60fps on medium to low settings depending on the amount of action on screen. Usually a couple of minutes into play the framerate will suddenly start rubberbanding down to 15 and then back up to 40 or 50. This continues infinitely no matter the environment or the amount of action on screen.

My internet connection is not the issue it's streaming the game data plenty fast. At the worst my latency is at 300ms.

Here is what I've tried to fix this issue myself.

1) Checked my "energy saver" settings to make sure I wasn't running on the lower performance integrated chip.

2) Restarted my computer.

3) Zapped the PRAM

4) Deleted the D3 prefs and plist files

5) Uninstalled and reinstalled D3 completely
Reply Quote
When I play WoW I have 35msec latency, when I switch back to diablo 3 It's always fluctuating between 135msec-329msecs every 10 seconds or so. Sometimes spiking higher than that. I am using apple airport wireless, but the fact that WoW can run a consistent at 35msecs and fluctuate only up to 90msecs or so here and there shows that it can't be my end? I have 10mbps internet service and the ping results show 25msecs. So It has to be either Diablo 3 game doesn't handle internet transmission well or the battle.net service it connects to is having problems?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]