Diablo® III

Michael and Imperius

We can assume Michael is Imperius...dose this mean we may see him on our side?

Edit: typo
Edited by Utam#1216 on 6/4/2013 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
By Michael i beleive you're saying Malthael.... and Imperius is not the ArchAngel of Wisdom.

Malthael was lost... so perhaps we could find ourselves with him on our side when he figures his things out... or perhaps against us!

Perhaps Imperius will be angry with us still for letting Diablo in the heavens... (Not that it was our fault!)

Perhaps we'll fight them both !
Reply Quote
Oh no no no! I mean Arc Angel Michael =p

As for Malthael I think he become death and there is a chance we may fight him but I hope not to the point of killing him and hmm...ya..kinda hope they wont throw Imperius under the lolcorruption lolmad bus too.
Reply Quote
Diablo's lore doesn't have anything to do with bible mithology, there's no Archangel Michael, Raphael, Lucifer or whatever.
Reply Quote
I'm a bit confused about what you mean. What part of the Archangel Michael are you comparing Imperius to?

Diablo's lore doesn't have anything to do with bible mythology.
Well.. actually it riffs quite a bit off of the Christian Bible. Other religions as well..
Edited by Chris#1235 on 6/3/2013 3:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a bit confused about what you mean. What part of the Archangel Michael are you comparing Imperius to?

Diablo's lore doesn't have anything to do with bible mythology.

Well.. actually it riffs quite a bit off of the Christian Bible. Other religions as well..

ok, let me say it a little more explicitly: Diablo's world is inspired in Earth's religions, just like any other Demons vs Angels/Men game, but it's not Earth itself, it's not the bible made literal; so don't expect to find the jew/christian/islam/etc angels/demons here (and if you do, it's likely just the same name and nothing else).
Reply Quote
06/03/2013 03:00 PMPosted by Chris

Michael leads God's armies against Satan's forces where during the war in heaven he defeats Satan and casts him down to the underworld. He is also mentioned as once a great prince who stands up for the people.

What if from there come the inspiration for Imperius character. Doesn't this mean there is a chance they are building his character to change later and be on human side?
Reply Quote
I think Malthael will be an important character the expansion. I can't help thinking saving Leah's soul and finding Malthael will be tied together somehow. On the other hand, Imperius seems to have gone mad. It will be interesting to fight Imperius as an end boss in the expansion since he was the only character powerful enough to face Diablo before he became the prime evil.
Edited by aniruddha#6911 on 6/4/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think he is mad. He is just a typical strict follower of their ancient law. He believes in the order of things and there has not been a change for a very long time. We will fight him for sure but hope nothing to the death.
Reply Quote
Of course not. Angels and demons are immortal, if they are killed the would simply be reborn from the crystal arch or somewhere in hell.
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 02:51 PMPosted by EradicatOr
Of course not. Angels and demons are immortal, if they are killed the would simply be reborn from the crystal arch or somewhere in hell.

I know they are. What I mean is that will cause the angels to distrust us since he is their hero (I think that the reason they removed his fight from act 4).
Reply Quote
Well they are still the other arch angels. Not all angels look out to imperious, As I remember each arch angel has there own followers such as auriel's guardians of hope.
Edited by EradicatOr#1556 on 6/9/2013 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hmm...now you mention it make me curious about how Malthael followers feel after Tyrael took his seat.
Reply Quote
If we are to compare with the Bible, I would rather see Imperius and Diablo as the same character : Lucifer (before the fall) / Satan (after the fall). Imperius hates humans too much to be like Archangel Michael. Tyrael is a sort of redemptor. He is Justice, yet sacrifices himself and comes down to Sanctuary. The weakening of Imperius can also be interpreted as a "fall from grace" due to his hatred: It's like God allows the adventurers to tackle Diablo instead of Imperius. Would have been interesting to see an expansion where Imperius becomes a fallen and takes over the Burning Hells after Diablo's dismissal.
Reply Quote
Lucifer translates to "Morning Star" or "shining one"... Imperious is pretty damned shiny and prideful, the downfall of the biblical Lucifer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]