Diablo® III

Sentry - Chain of Torment [INFO]

I really would like to see a 4 player game on MP10 with 4 * DH using CoT(..and CE).

Chains everywhere!

Should be fun!

If some of you want to try, add me!!
Reply Quote

Are you sure that the attack speed gets added as multiplicative damage modifier? Multiplying the damage value by the ApS is the same as having a passive that gives 62% more damage, and that is insanely high.

Damage wise it's roughly the same as with any other damage skills. If you attack at double speed you get double the damage. As CoT does have fixed tick rates, you just get your damage doubled. The main difference ist that you do not have care about break points (so damage wise CoT would be at a slight disadvantage compared to other skills). And basically you can do your calculaltions with IAS% as well.

If you look at ApS, you have to use your base damage for calculations. If you want to use IAS, you have to take your combined DPS into account. Let's take a hypothetical 1 hand bow with 300-700 damage, 1.78 attack speed, 50-100 bous damage, 2.9k Dex and 50% ias (2.67 ApS):
Avg. damage is 575 per shot, avg dps is 1023.5 (575 * 1.78)

ApS:
575 * 30 * 2,67 * 1.25 = 57571.875
IAS:
1023.5 * 30 * 1,5 * 1.25 = 57571.875

In the end if you go for effects or LoH you probably will get more out of slow crossbows as the faster attack speed of bows and 1 hand bows does not give you more LoH or effects, You just don't lose damage (as with let's say FoK, a skill that just takes your base damage without any speed into account) but you won't gain more effects as well if you go for a faster weapon.
Reply Quote
Misled by you I tried out an all melee build with SC, JS, ST and COT. Works great so far and I will just ignore the kiters!

Also got a 4.6% freeze Innas belt for a nice price - the freeze WHs were way overpriced. I lost some life but got my dex bonus and DPS rose somewhat including the Holy damage. I dismissed my scoundrel and went to FOM. With the 4 melee skills, the freeze was very nice. ;)

Good that you're having fun ;)

Proc coef of CoT is 0.75.....(/tick/target) Really good for LoH. I play without SP or SS on MP10 because my CoT keep me alive (...and 3% LS on bow help too...) and give me a lot of Hatred with M4D/Mortal ennemy.

CoT + Shuriken + HA/Cinder Arrow + (Trail of Cinder) = lots of LoH.

I don't use Cinder, I use Gas Grenades however. Reason behind this is that the Gas from Nades stacks and are "renewed". I mean.. like.. first poison gas cloud deals 20k, then it'll stack and increase up to lets say 60k.. or so. Combining LoH and LS gives me nice regen :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#UkQgYR!UXe!cbaYbY

That's my build actually.. but Gas can be replaced with Cluster. Shadow Power can be removed and Jagged also.

I use FoK, Beastly Bombs and other means of added damage source :))

EDIT: I sometimes don't know how to properly word or explain things.. that's why I put them in "" :)
Edited by Chrizzle#1390 on 9/30/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
If you look at ApS, you have to use your base damage for calculations. If you want to use IAS, you have to take your combined DPS into account. Let's take a hypothetical 1 hand bow with 300-700 damage, 1.78 attack speed, 50-100 bous damage, 2.9k Dex and 50% ias (2.67 ApS):
Avg. damage is 575 per shot, avg dps is 1023.5 (575 * 1.78)

Okay I see where you're coming from, it is DpS after all. It made a lot more sense when I wrote out the equation entirely as I saw it. I was just thinking wee needed to exclude ApS because of the ticks, but ApS is multiplicative to the Damage, so therefore we can't exclude it. Sometimes my brain turns faster then I can keep up. Thanks clearin this up for me ^.^
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 9/30/2013 11:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wish they would remove the CD.
Reply Quote
CD is not too long.
Reply Quote
8 Seconds.

If they remove the CD.. It might.. become somewhat OP because you can cast 3 with full Hatred and still have some Hatred to spare :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]