Diablo® III

How about adding a status icon in public games?

Sometimes I joined into a public game to look for a Keywarden, but I don't know whether it has been killed or not. So should we add an icon to show if it's dead?
And how about adding a status beside each player's icon to show how much Nephalem Valor they have got?
Reply Quote
View profile
how about when the the system chooses a game to put you in make sure the keywarden isnt killed already ;-/
Reply Quote
Great points here. This is also probably the 100th thread on the issue and deservedly so. Fingers crossed matchmaking is improved in an upcoming patch.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Sometimes I joined into a public game to look for a Keywarden, but I don't know whether it has been killed or not. So should we add an icon to show if it's dead?
And how about adding a status beside each player's icon to show how much Nephalem Valor they have got?
We’re glad that so many players have been enjoying the various multiplayer improvements we recently introduced in patch 1.0.8, but as with every improvement, we’re always striving to find ways we can do even better. Your feedback has been heard, and we’ll take it into consideration for future designs.

In general, we know that players sit down with an “intent” of the type of player experience they would like to get done. Whether it be key farming, elite killing, legendary hunting, or what-not, we want players to be able to queue and get into a game that lets them meet their specific goals as smoothly as possible. We definitely view it as an ideal to work towards going forward.

Thanks again for your feedback!
Reply Quote
View profile
Make sure players don't join an already farmed game. Make it unjoinable after like 10 minutes.
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 04:02 PMPosted by TheFunGun21
Make sure players don't join an already farmed game. Make it unjoinable after like 10 minutes.

or you can enter and ask if cleared.. ? stop being lazy please
Reply Quote
View profile
05/30/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Rune

Tell that to the OP lol don't know why you telling me
Reply Quote
I also think they should do something to prevent you from rejoining the game you just left.

My recent experiences of public keywarden games are usually like this:
-find game
-"KW dead?"
-"yes"
-quit
-find game
-same game as before
-quit.
-find game
-same game as before
-quit
-change MP level to force it to find new game
-find game
-"KW dead?"
-"Yes"
-quit
-find game
-same game as before
-quit
-give up and make my own game!
-open to public
-nobody ever joins. end up playing by myself anyways

Wish it was like D2 were you could actually pick the game you wanted to join, but i doubt they will change that due to all the UI changes they would have to make.
Reply Quote
LET US MAKE GAME NAMES OR SHOW DURATION OF THE GAME

Pretty much what we've been asking for since the game was released. It's sad that D2's public game system was so far ahead of D3s.

They could transform the current system into a hybrid between the current system and D2s by moving the tag thing over to the right and letting people create custom tags. This way people running common types of runs could use the same name/tag and it would show the total number of games with that tag up in ( )s next to the tag. People who wanted a unique name could do that as well. You wouldn't really be able to show game durations doing that though...

They instead could just add two tabs to the public game window. One for auto matchmaking and one for looking at the game list and joining a specific game. The game list could show you game descriptions/tags/duration/current number of players in game... In order to add a description to your game they could have a special game creation thing from that window that lets you enter a description, or even just let a games creator add a description using a /command from their chat box.

I really don't think it should be that hard to add a gamelist type system on top of what they already have. Now that they have all those titan developers maybe they can finally get something useful done.
Reply Quote

My recent experiences of public keywarden games are usually like this:
-find game
-"KW dead?"
-"yes"
-quit
-find game
-same game as before
-quit.
-find game
-same game as before
-quit
-change MP level to force it to find new game
-find game
-"KW dead?"
-"Yes"
-quit
-find game
-same game as before
-quit
-give up and make my own game!
-open to public
-nobody ever joins. end up playing by myself anyways

THIS ^
Reply Quote
"is kw dead?"
silence
"hello?"
silence
Reply Quote
We’re glad that so many players have been enjoying the various multiplayer improvements we recently introduced in patch 1.0.8, but as with every improvement, we’re always striving to find ways we can do even better. Your feedback has been heard, and we’ll take it into consideration for future designs.

In general, we know that players sit down with an “intent” of the type of player experience they would like to get done. Whether it be key farming, elite killing, legendary hunting, or what-not, we want players to be able to queue and get into a game that lets them meet their specific goals as smoothly as possible. We definitely view it as an ideal to work towards going forward.

Can you also consider adding tags like "Just for Fun" "No Freeloader" etc. please?
I hate joining a game with my lower paragon level char and then got shouted to ask me to play as my p100 char because they say "No freeloader, go play as your barb!"... And I thought about it for a second... "If I play as my barb, which is already p100, and wouldn't that make them freeloader? Since I won't be gaining any more exp, anyway." "I just wanted to join a game with my demonhunter and have fun with it without going through a boring solo."
Reply Quote
They can't really make games unjoinable after so long, because then the players in that game would kind of be screwed if someone left. Honestly I don't know why so many people try to join games...I've always made my own. Works just fine. Takes a couple mins for people to join, probably because more and more are realizing exactly what I'm typing right now. Thus less people to join.
It's a problem, and there probably isn't an easy fix for it~other than of course a D2 style game selection. But I have the feeling that would require quite the overhaul that Blizzard doesn't want to do.

Play publics and make friends that like to do the same thing as you, and run in private full games.
Reply Quote

group of 4
A,B,C,D

now, in 2 seconds the following happens
bcd leaves game.
EFG joins game
A leaves game
H joins, asks: "is key warden dead?"

silence ensues.

the right way to do this.

a) games open to public stay open only for 15 minutes, thereafter it closes.
then allow the party guide to "reopen" to public if eg: people left yet more than half the game content is available. close it again once 15 minutes have elapsed again.

b) having timers and counters
total elites killed in game, game age, warden killed?
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 5/30/2013 6:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I have a good suggestion on the matter. How about make the matchmaking for key farming only start new instances every time. Meaning the system searches for 4 players then starts the quest. That way each game will have a fresh key warden to kill. I'm sure accomplishing this is probably much more difficult than explaining it but I have faith in blizzard :P
Edited by bobofred#1974 on 5/30/2013 8:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have a good suggestion on the matter. How about make the matchmaking for key farming only start new instances every time. Meaning the system searches for 4 players then starts the quest. That way each game will have a fresh key warden to kill. I'm sure accomplishing this is probably much more difficult that explaining it but I have faith in blizzard :P

this
Reply Quote
just make it by levels
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we want players to be able to queue and get into a game that lets them meet their specific goals as smoothly as possible.

Then let players create NAMED GAMES.

The solution really is that simple.
Reply Quote
05/30/2013 03:54 PMPosted by Vaeflare
we want players to be able to queue and get into a game that lets them meet their specific goals as smoothly as possible.

05/30/2013 04:12 PMPosted by Bernie666
Wish it was like D2 were you could actually pick the game you wanted to join

this D2 really did it the best

custom games including name

then I could get more info from the game
- a short custom description
- how long ago it was created
- how many players are in it + what class and level they are

lets raise the bar this is supposed to be a sequel right
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]