Diablo® III

WHAT happened to Gillian The Barmaid ANYWAY?

We know she raised Leah until she came into Deckard's care.

From what I can gather from various wiki's, the book The Order speaks on some of this and says that her mental state was declining from her contact with demons.

What I am wondering is

1) Any details about her psyche? Perhaps signs of hitting 0 San and becoming a cultist?
2) AFAIK the book doesnt say she is dead. So.....is she still alive?

She was last seen in Caldeum. Any easter eggs hinting at this, or where she may have went?
Reply Quote
[SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS] [SPOILERS]

"The necromancer's powder was a gateway to a plane between the living and the dead- not enough and it would cause visions of confusion in people who remained conscious, but too much could be far more dangerous, sending people to a place from which they might never return. He had not been able to measure the amount used, but there was no way to change that now."

Apparently (based on Google Books) Gillian comes at Leah with a knife...but some kind of magic energy knocks her back. Then Cain uses his Torojan jungle powder putting them both to sleep, removes leah from the room, and then locks the door.

Later own as he sleeps, a fire breaks out from a lantern he left in the room. Google Books is incomplete (many pages are missing, and all of 101-378), it skips and cuts to Gillian arguing with a nobleman aftet the blaze is contained. She argues Leah is a witch (whatever that means in the Diablo universe) and that Cain is a sorcerer.

"Horadrim. It means nothing, not anymore. Evil sorcerer! I trusted you, but you are a vessel for HIM just like the rest. YOU know what's coming for us, dont you? Fire and blood and the dead clawing-"

That's all I can gather. I stumbled upon this looking for info on another character who was quoted on a Leah wikia page.
Edited by Mijuu#1695 on 5/31/2013 12:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
*The Caldeum mad house awaited her, full of the worst cases of the insane and the damned, those who were locked up and harnessed, chained to the walls, their voices ragged from shooting. They were drugged and beaten, and he had heard that some doctors there still practiced the barbaric rituals of years before, drilling holes in skulls to release prssure and dull the spirits of those who could not rest.*

page 103. from The Order.

so perhaps lobotomized.... this was after the fire, after she punched her way out of guards custody and rushed towards cain to whisper into his ear to go search in Kurast.
Reply Quote
*The Caldeum mad house awaited her, full of the worst cases of the insane and the damned, those who were locked up and harnessed, chained to the walls, their voices ragged from shooting. They were drugged and beaten, and he had heard that some doctors there still practiced the barbaric rituals of years before, drilling holes in skulls to release prssure and dull the spirits of those who could not rest.*

page 103. from The Order.

so perhaps lobotomized.... this was after the fire, after she punched her way out of guards custody and rushed towards cain to whisper into his ear to go search in Kurast.

Think she survived the attack on Caldeum? I hope so.

And No, NOT Lobotomized.

TREPANNED.

"EGON! You tried to drill a HOLE in your head!"
"It would have worked if you hadn't of stopped me." -Ghost Busters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trepanning
Pre-modern Europe [edit]
Trepanation was also practiced in the classical and Renaissance periods. Hippocrates gave specific directions on the procedure from its evolution through the Greek age, and Galen also elaborates on the procedure. During the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, trepanation was practiced as a cure for various ailments, including seizures and skull fractures. Out of eight skulls with trepanations from the 6th to 8th centuries found in southwestern Germany, seven skulls show clear evidence of healing and survival after trepanation suggesting that the survival rate of the operations was high and the infection rate was low.[2]
Reply Quote
Yeah, got mixed up, sorry, yes, not lobotomized :p
Reply Quote
05/31/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Rain
Yeah, got mixed up, sorry, yes, not lobotomized :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_in_the_Brain

Lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]