Diablo® III

So WHAT do Angels & Demons DO?

In their spare time?

I mean, other than trying to kill each other.

If the other side didnt exist, just what would they spend their time doing in their daily life?

They dont eat.
They dont sleep.
So..........................

I actually wonder about this.

NOTE: Inarius and a few rogue demons decided to join up and make sanctuary so they could get away from the fighting.

Obviously they seem to mutually understand love or -"something like it" and need form companionship.

MAYBE Tyraels book upcoming in october will shed some light on what his life was like in The High Heavens.
Edited by Mijuu#1695 on 5/31/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We have some clues about what demons do; Torture, murder, be tortured, mate, war, and indulge in any other pleasures. I would imagine that demons eat though. Perhaps not to stay alive, rather to eat for the sake of eating.

What Angels do for fun I don't think has ever been defined. If I had to guess, I would think that they educate themselves, create music, introspect, refine the High Heavens both structurally and metaphorically.. stuff like that.

And I'm sure they both plot against each other all the time.
Edited by Chris#1235 on 5/31/2013 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Probably just hang out, unless they have jobs assigned to them. When they're not working or fighting, they're probably just relaxing with games and social activities.
Reply Quote
If either side didn't exsist they would turn on one another. Demons would naturally destroy each other and the angels without any enemy would do the same. Thats why it's important for the Balance to be maintained so this does not happen.
Reply Quote
06/14/2013 10:29 AMPosted by DesmondTiny
If either side didn't exsist they would turn on one another. Demons would naturally destroy each other and the angels without any enemy would do the same. Thats why it's important for the Balance to be maintained so this does not happen.

The angels wouldn't kill each other.
Reply Quote
What's the point, even if they kill each other they will simply be reborn.
Reply Quote
Easy to derive from their MvPs: Valor, Wisdom, Hope, Justice and Fate => Training, Reading, Daydreaming, Keeping the law?!?, and Singing?!?

aaand demons break stuff, torture kill, devour, enslave, @#%%%*@% etc.
Edited by Nippa#2488 on 6/16/2013 5:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In my opinion the Angels in Diablo doesen't feel very angelic at all. They rather feel very human.

(Losing controll, Dont think clear, Talking spiteful to other persons (to the nephalem and tyrael etc), Chaging their minds, etc.

So i just think they would have done the same thing as us Humans; To play some Fotboll (diving allowed ofc)

The true acting of an Angel for me, are one mentally disturbed person(in a good way), that sounds wandering and unconnected. I'd say something like Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter -> 35 at this clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuEOAAlAq8

Atleast the Angel of Fate atleast seemd to have some of these properties from the few lines of text i heard her yield. The other Angels seems more of some drunken couple of Wannabes " HELLOW IM IMPERIUS I CAN FIGHTT RAWWRR IM NOT VERY SMART BUT I CAN FIGHTTTTTT AND I GOT BIG WINGSSSS WANNA TAKE A BEER WITH MEEE, CUS IM KING OF HEAVEN".
Edited by thunberg123#2745 on 6/17/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In my opinion the Angels in Diablo doesen't feel very angelic at all. They rather feel very human. (Losing controll, Dont think clear, Talking spiteful to other persons (to the nephalem and tyrael etc), Chaging their minds, etc.
In contemporary western religion, angels are the perfect being and are flawless in every way. Demons are also a divine creature, sometimes being depicted as an unpure angel cast out from the Heavens, sometimes as agents of God to purposely preform evil, and sometimes have other origins. Humans, on the other hand, are flawed beings. The reason for our flawed nature differs from sect to sect. Some say that it is so we can prove ourselves to God and be re-accepted into Heaven. Some say that we were created essentially just for !@#$s and giggles. Some say it was something like an experiment, to see if creatures with free will would choose him.

The point is, the mythos of Diablo is not the same as something like Christianity. In Diablo, it's kind of like the opposite. The divine factions are the flawed ones, and humanity is the race of perfection.
Reply Quote

The angels wouldn't kill each other.

"According to the mysterious but immensely knowledgeable Trag'Oul, Good must always outshine Evil, but never should Evil be completely eradicated, lest Good eventually turn on itself."

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Balance_(Philosophy)

(This was also said in the Sin War trilogy which is considered Canon.)
Edited by DesmondTiny#1969 on 6/26/2013 6:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/15/2013 08:51 AMPosted by EradicatOr
What's the point, even if they kill each other they will simply be reborn.

We play games like that with computer/ console, They Play it Real Life.

Maybe in Future (very very future) we will play things like that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]