Diablo® III

Archon DPS and EHP recommendations vs MP

Ah, you use teleport? That could be why. losing 25% dps against trash is painful at higher MP. I don't really think the teleport makes up for it once you start taking longer to kill elites and if you have high enough EHP to survive most of the aoe things.
Reply Quote
Small correction to prevent confusion. When I say EHP I mean pre-dodge EHP. I added that under the assumptions.

I've said it a few times, maybe more in the diablofans thread, but these values aren't set in stone. Instead, use them as guide posts or starting points and feel free to adjust the actual MP used to suit your play style.

Thanks Jaetch for your insight (and everyone else) I really appricate the help.

Loroese, your chart is great. at 143 / 337 I fall right between MP4 and 5 and that is exactly how I feel in the game when running CM. MP4 is good, MP5 a little much I die on too many eliete battles.

So maybe I need to play with my build for Arcorn more. I think losing Energy Arm, Prismatic is my main problem using Arc. If I can not melt the monsters in the time it takes them to walk to me, I do not seem to last too long. For me that's MP0-3. Once I go into MP4 as Arcorn, once they get to me i'm gone. I can do ok against the white mobs but eleites are keeping me out of MP4. I'm going to try to get some of these gear recomendations and bring the EHP up a bit and try from there.
Reply Quote

Thanks Jaetch for your insight (and everyone else) I really appricate the help.

Loroese, your chart is great. at 143 / 337 I fall right between MP4 and 5 and that is exactly how I feel in the game when running CM. MP4 is good, MP5 a little much I die on too many eliete battles.

So maybe I need to play with my build for Arcorn more. I think losing Energy Arm, Prismatic is my main problem using Arc. If I can not melt the monsters in the time it takes them to walk to me, I do not seem to last too long. For me that's MP0-3. Once I go into MP4 as Arcorn, once they get to me i'm gone. I can do ok against the white mobs but eleites are keeping me out of MP4. I'm going to try to get some of these gear recomendations and bring the EHP up a bit and try from there.

Are you using a Life Steal weapon? My table is based around that since LS weapon means you have better survivability with a given EHP. Otherwise you need higher EHP to be able to facetank elites, particularly RD. You don't need a LS weapon to play as Archon, of course, it just makes things a lot easier.
Reply Quote
nope, a chantos.

I need to find one now. I really wish I would have gotten a Axe off hand for my Barb instead of Mighty wep ( I actually thought I was getting an axe at the time)
Reply Quote
I only have 150k dps and I have a pretty easy time on MP 7. I think ehp matters more than dps.
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 09:10 PMPosted by SneakyDog
I only have 150k dps and I have a pretty easy time on MP 7. I think ehp matters more than dps.

You just said in another thread that you lose Archon a lot. The purpose of the dps suggestions is so you can keep Archon active as much as possible. Higher dps means faster kills which means better Archon uptime. 150k dps is a bit low to be able to keep Archon up if you kill elites. That's about the dps I recommend for MP5 and mobs in MP7 have about twice the hp so it takes twice as long to kill the mobs on MP7 as 5. That means 20-40s for elite packs and 2-4s for normal mobs.

That's fine if it's how you like to play, of course, but my goal is to kill things a lot faster so that falling out of Archon form isn't an issue.
Reply Quote
I notice most people aren't using SOJ's at higher MPs. Is the stat loss just too big on the mitigation side?
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Dairen
I notice most people aren't using SOJ's at higher MPs. Is the stat loss just too big on the mitigation side?

There's a couple reasons. First it hurts dprogress score. Second you lose potential EHP. Third you do less damage to trash mobs and if you spend most of your time against them, it leads to slower runs. Fourth, some people just skip elites.

All that said I use one but I swap to it for elites to combat the 3rd point. I think most people find it too annoying to swap items for elites so they just use a dps/EHP ring full time. Otherwise it's fine if you want to use one and is mostly a personal choice.
Reply Quote

That's fine if it's how you like to play, of course, but my goal is to kill things a lot faster so that falling out of Archon form isn't an issue.

I'm not sure how that's even really an issue to some folks anymore, especially considering one typically sports WW+CM which is pretty close to an instant refresh of khan.

I don't even use WW and it doesn't bother me at all. To each their own, I suppose.
Edited by BigL#1371 on 6/7/2013 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's a loss in efficiency if you have to refresh Archon. It also raises potential deaths if you drop out of Archon somewhat frequently on high MP since you lose 40% armor and resists while not in Archon, particularly against elites.

Like you said, some people don't mind it, so it's a personal preference.
Reply Quote
sorry to bump an old thread, but these dps values are buffed sheet DPS? Or approx 3~3.75(imp archon) times that? Just started a wiz coming from barb and liking this build.
Reply Quote
http://diabro3.com
Reply Quote
09/13/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Maicom
sorry to bump an old thread, but these dps values are buffed sheet DPS? Or approx 3~3.75(imp archon) times that? Just started a wiz coming from barb and liking this build.

From the first post:
Assumptions:
Buffed DPS and EHP

means char sheet dps since you can't see your buffed effective dps directly. I assume most people don't really bother calculating their effective dps and char sheet dps is just easier reference.

09/13/2013 03:04 PMPosted by McsTarget
http://diabro3.com

I don't trust those results for Archon. It says I should play MP10 with under 500k buffed dps, but Archon falls off far too easily for my tastes on MP10 with that dps.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 9/13/2013 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]