Diablo® III

Stuck on a boat, what games to bring

I'm a fisherman (like deadliest catch style) I bring my laptop, 3DS and Iphone on the boat and we do mutiple trips in a row. A trip lasts 10-24 days based on fuel, how fast we fill the boat and if anybody gets injured.
Games must be singleplayer and not require internet because we can't get a signal out there.
The single player games my laptop has:
Baldurs gate enhanced
Diablo 2
Reus
Gnomoria
Minecraft
Civilization 5
Starcraft 1-2
Terraria
Torchlight2
Worms revolution
Just bought and have yet to play Dust an Elysian tail

Most of these I've played to death so I need new suggestions please.

As for my 3DS
I picked up Fire Emblem and Donkey Kong the other day and have yet to play them.
I also have:
Zelda OoT
Starfox
Mario tennis
Super mario 2
Mario kart 7
Pokemon white
Scribblenaughts unlimited

Also looking for suggestions here.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
Another ARPG would be Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. Some of the creators of this game made Grim Dawn which is in alpha so far and requires use of Steam for the alpha, but it will eventually have offline/lan/online options as well for full release.
Reply Quote
Borderlands 2 is my default response to what game to buy threads so there's that. Other games:

Batman series is on sale on steam. Both are stellar games and well worth the price.
Skyrim is pretty good with a lot of content though modding is the best thing about the game.
Don't Starve is a stylized survival game. You enjoyed Minecraft and Terraria so this is a good bet.

Yes these games can be bought on steam. It's easy to just get them installed and set steam to offline mode. As long as they were up to date when you went offline you'll be good to do.

No comment on 3DS. I can't stand the thing because it gives me horrible hand cramps.
Reply Quote
Thanks guys. Unfortunately I played the hell out of skyrim and borderlands, I'm not the biggest fan of those batman games. Don't starve I was looking at before, but wasn't sure. Ill have to look into dungeon siege.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Fun arcade-type game: Plants v. Zombies

Awesome role-playing game: The Walking Dead Game by Telltale Games (not the Activision one)

I can't remember (and too lazy to go look at my boxes) if Dragon Age: Origins needs an online connection. Same with Kingdoms of Amalur and the Witcher series.

I didn't see Warcraft 3 w/ the Frozen Throne expansion on your list; it's an excellent RTS if you haven't already played it.

Is Tomb Raider online only?

06/04/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Ringo
Don't Starve is a stylized survival game.

I saw that on Steam and debated about getting it. Is it really good?
Reply Quote
@ Bird

Don't Starve is pretty fun but if you're not a fan of roguelikes (when you die, you die and that's that. start over) then you may not get as much out of the game. It's not as fun as Terraria or Minecraft imo.

Tomb Raider isn't online only and is a fantastic game but it has pretty much no replay value. It's still the frontrunner for my GOTY.

@OP

I didn't recommend it earlier because your game list didn't really seem match up to this game, but a game I recommend to anyone that likes third person RPGs is Divinity II: Developer's Cut. It's a few years old so the graphics are a little dated (though it's not an ugly game). The story is pretty interesting, the dialogue is pretty humorous (example: a conversation with a skeleton about how he exists with no muscles and organs), combat is enjoyable especially when you get your DRAGON FORM and can fly around the world...within the confines of the game, it's not completely open ended but you do have a fairly large area you can run around.

There's a pretty nifty base you get after acquiring dragon form in which you pick people that can train you and work for you. You also get a trio of "runners" that you can send out to scavenge for materials your people need to craft potions, weapons, etc (so YOU don't have to farm) and you can outfit the "runners" in better gear to survive in harsher areas. It's not extremely in depth with lots of choices and micromanaging, but it's enough.

If you buy it, get the Developer's Cut. It includes all the extra content as well as rebalancing (for the better) and a really cool "developers mode" in which you get to mess around with the world like a developer (so to speak). It's a severely underrated game and it seemed to pass by a lot of people when it was released. It's not on sale but it's well worth the price.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219780
Edited by Ringo#1617 on 6/5/2013 8:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks a bunch guys. I have played WC3 a lot. I've also played through both Dragonages, Plants vs Zombies and Witcher. Although I have some RPG's I'd like to keep the games slightly on the lighter side, Usually we are always pretty tired and I like flashy fun games rather then deep story with dialogue.
Reply Quote
I am assuming you just forgot to list this, but Bastion. If not..get it now...

Solid games you can just jump in and play:
Hotline Miami
Jamestown
Fez
The binding of issac
The swapper
super meat boy (not exactly relaxing though... haha)
Trine 1 and 2
Shank 1 and 2
Limbo (short, play it once and don't touch it again.. still cool)

Also, if do not already have one, get an xbox controller for you PC, a lot of these indie games are a lot better on the gamepad and it would probably fit within your kick-back and relax style.
Reply Quote
+1 on Bastion. Excellent game with an amazing soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cELTdtw6U

To add to Heisenberg's list;

-Super House of Dead Ninjas. Flashy, fun and games are pretty quick. Controller is highly recommended though. May need to get xpadder or w/e depending on controller.

-Dungeons of Dredmor. Roguelike with a lot of fun options for a character and randomized dungeons.

Was looking through my steam games and another fun game is Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale. Very anime-ish graphics. Basically you're in debt and open an item shop like you always buy from/sell to in various games. You buy and sell items to make enough profit to pay off your weekly payments until you're free from debt and then you can continue as long as you want without worrying about payments. You can also hire adventurers (you control them) and go dungeon diving for loot to sell. Capitalism-ho!

Magicka is another excellent game but it's more fun with friends and I'm not sure if it has local co-op. You play a mage and combine various elements to create spells on the fly. You can easily kill yourself or your teammates as well (why it's more fun with friends). Very flashy and very fun. Great humor as well.
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 07:02 PMPosted by DeMasked
Another ARPG would be Titan Quest: Immortal Throne. Some of the creators of this game made Grim Dawn which is in alpha so far and requires use of Steam for the alpha, but it will eventually have offline/lan/online options as well for full release.

Definitely agree with this, in the case you've seen some/any footage of Grim Dawn and were intrigued.

06/04/2013 11:17 PMPosted by Ringo
Borderlands 2 is my default response to what game to buy threads so there's that.

While the story is great (and absolutely hilarious!) idk if I'd suggest it for someone playing by themselves. I really enjoyed the game, but when I found myself playing alone it was only kinda meh, just like with ARPGs.

Have you tried emulation OP? Would give you a far larger pool of games to draw from.
Reply Quote
I didn't have bastion, but I'lll totally pick that up. I actually just got magicka and have xbox controllers. How/what do I need to hook them up to my laptop? Ya, I could grabs some emulator, but I've played most of what I'd want to emulate.
Ive played/own these alrdy.
super meat boy
Trine 2
Shank
Edited by Kaiten#1217 on 6/6/2013 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would bring

Black & White + Creatures Isle.

Stuck on a boat pretending to be god. :D
Reply Quote
I didn't have bastion, but I'lll totally pick that up. I actually just got magicka and have xbox controllers. How/what do I need to hook them up to my laptop? Ya, I could grabs some emulator, but I've played most of what I'd want to emulate.
Ive played/own these alrdy.
super meat boy
Trine 2
Shank

All you need is this to make any Xbox controller work on your PC

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000HZFCT2

just sync them up and good to go
Reply Quote
Thanks, Got my controllers all set up and re purchased Peggle just because it's great. I Own black & white 2+ expansion. Unfortunately I don't own 1 anymore but I remember it's way better then 2.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Have you tried Feeding Frenzy 2? I find it a relatively mindless game when I want to play something less demanding.
Reply Quote
Oh that's a good one. I played 1 and 2 but I may have to get 2 if it's two player.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
So I looked it up and it said I could use an Xbox controller and that it had multiplayer. So I downloaded it from steam, The xbox controller wont work and I see no multiplayer option. Really pissed. Can anyone help tell me how/why these aren't working?
Edited by Kaiten#1217 on 6/7/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Arcanum over at GOG is an amazingly fun RPG adventure.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Okay, Don't Starve is an addicting game. I've must've died ten times already, but am still going back for me.

I'm going to survive winter if it, hah, kills me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]