Diablo® III

Dinklefess / Silver32 Giveaway (Organization)

If i have an extra radiant star amethyst, i will gladly donate it.
Reply Quote
hi.
Reply Quote
Update : Tarzan has agreed to my plan, I now have funds to buy a better MH. If I can't find anything for the money I have, I could sell the EF I have and use the extra cash this way.

That being said - who gave me the original EF again? Would he/she be opposed to my using it that way?

Amethyst : Done. I just need Scrapz' ruby now.
Reply Quote
View profile
Silver it's been a long week but ill be on later tonight.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Silver, if you need anything else for this set let me know. Ill buy an item for it. You could just add me so we can talk. So I know how good of an item I need to get. Teckno#1555
Reply Quote
CC : Check, I'll be on tonight too, off and on - hopefully we can meet up.

Teckno : Roger, added.
Reply Quote
OK, got the chest. Teckno donated a superb LS axe (3.00 LS, CD, OS, and IAS too), and CC was also grateful enough to donate an absolutely wonderful EF - for DPS, anyhow - that skyrocketed our set's dps to past 180K!! (It's got 19.6% fear, though...)

It was actually at 185, but EHP was too low for my liking. So I took some of Tarzan's money and bought a different helm and boots, that lowered dps a little bit (3K total) but that increased EHP by well over 40K. We're now sitting at 182K DPS, 416K EHP, 3.00 LS. Anyhow, all those stats are with confirmed pieces that are now safely sitting in my stash. I'm now in the process of selling the replaced pieces (all of them dinkle's old stuff), and when I get the money, I'll see where I can spend it to best effect - I suspect the gloves, but we'll see.
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 6/5/2013 9:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks Chrono! He donated 100 mil! I really should be able to upgrade the gloves with that.
Reply Quote
OK - so re-tweaked the set last night to gain even more EHP (via vit), and played with it last night (with current gloves). 197K DPS at my current para level. The high fear could be felt, but still somewhat manageable, given that I was using cyclone strike and quickening. I think the fear will be the set's biggest downfall, but overall, the pluses far outweigh the minuses.

197K DPS, 50K life, 592 AR without OWE, 5100 armor, 3.00 LS - it's a pretty solid set overall, I gotta say. With the gloves, DPS will be pushed over to 200K for my para level - 188K for baseline. I might even have a bit left over to try to get a slightly better nat's ring.

Things are looking up!
Reply Quote
Hmmm... This looks like this will be a superstar set. My only concern is that the winner of this set will take this and turn around and sell/flip it for profit -- this has happened on more than one occasion.

May I suggest an idea on how to set up the giveaway that might somewhat mitigate? Rather than someone stepping forward to nominate themselves... but what if people in these forums nominate people to win this prized set, and maybe set up some kind of a polling / voting system? We can have criteria that are set for the potential winners, etc.

I already have some people in mind that I'd love to nominate for a set like this, but I'd keep that to myself for now. :)
Reply Quote
Hmmm... This looks like this will be a superstar set. My only concern is that the winner of this set will take this and turn around and sell/flip it for profit -- this has happened on more than one occasion.

May I suggest an idea on how to set up the giveaway that might somewhat mitigate? Rather than someone stepping forward to nominate themselves... but what if people in these forums nominate people to win this prized set, and maybe set up some kind of a polling / voting system? We can have criteria that are set for the potential winners, etc.

I already have some people in mind that I'd love to nominate for a set like this, but I'd keep that to myself for now. :)

This is my concern as well, which is why at the beginning I suggested building several weaker set than one uber set(but I totally understand selling pieces and building several decent set is time consuming)

I like Nameless' idea. Since this set is really good (one piece from this set, like 100M donation for the glove, is probably worth more than all my items in D3 combined) and Silver32 spent a lot of time building and also very generous donations from many people, it would be sad if someone just flipped the set after winning.
Reply Quote
Good idea, Nameless. When I named this thread "Organization", I had two things in mind :

1. Completing the set (pretty much done - more on this in a bit);
2. Determining giveaway method, in consultation with community.

I quite like this idea of yours. Guys, let's start bringing them in as well.

On a side note - lost bid on gloves...=( So, sitting on a bit over 350 mil, and I'll determine what's the best way to upgrade the set. I'm wearing it right now, btw. =)
Reply Quote
View profile
Also since you are using a 2 piece already I can switch out the Inna's armor to similar Tals if needed for the attack speed an perhaps a better DPS.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
I like Nameless' idea as well. The winner should be vetted somehow to make sure this all doesnt go for naught. I was trying to think of ways to make the winner work for it or something, but there is nothing really that we could enforce which is really the large issue - some of this is just going to have to be trust based.
Reply Quote
lookin good so far!!
Reply Quote
Even if you do find that sick cancer patient who has always wanted to kill diablo on MP10, if the kid were to sell the gear for some PayPal to leave to his/her parents after times up, who is to blame?

I say you have a charity auction and the proceeds get donated somewhere! If the set sells for 2 beez that gold proceed gets donated.

I'm sorry to say but after reading/following this monk forum for a whole it's maybe 100 "regulars" that might quit at anytime (see Dink) and a bunch of randoms like me. Sorry but after 20 years of online gaming I've seen my fair share of "betrayals" and drama. Though to be honest drama is fun for forums.
Reply Quote
The downside of picking someone that isnt a random choice is it can lead to a personality/popularity contest - though that could be fun too!
Reply Quote
Even if you do find that sick cancer patient who has always wanted to kill diablo on MP10, if the kid were to sell the gear for some PayPal to leave to his/her parents after times up, who is to blame?

I say you have a charity auction and the proceeds get donated somewhere! If the set sells for 2 beez that gold proceed gets donated.

I'm sorry to say but after reading/following this monk forum for a whole it's maybe 100 "regulars" that might quit at anytime (see Dink) and a bunch of randoms like me. Sorry but after 20 years of online gaming I've seen my fair share of "betrayals" and drama. Though to be honest drama is fun for forums.

the long and the short of it is if we give anything away as charity theres nothing stopping that person from turning around and selling it right away. This giveaway is basically a charity... where would you suggest we 'donate' 2bil to after your auction idea goes through? whats stopping whoever gets any of that gold from selling it on the RMAH.

we need to just give the set away to someone that is somewhat a regular and trustworthy and hope they keep it for themselves.
Reply Quote
06/06/2013 10:49 AMPosted by CaptainCarl
Also since you are using a 2 piece already I can switch out the Inna's armor to similar Tals if needed for the attack speed an perhaps a better DPS.

Quite unlikely to raise dps - in my experience, 8 IAS is roughly the equivalent of 150ish dex, and 9 IAS a bit higher. Yours has 176 dex. Unless, of course, you go for one that has dex - in which case our EHP is shot cuz vit would drastically lower. So, although I appreciate the suggestion, not a possibility.

I think the idea of a regular would be good. If said regular, who would be vetted by the community as trustworthy, were to indeed quit, I believe he/she would do the right thing and donate the set back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]