Diablo® III

Dinklefess / Silver32 Giveaway (Organization)

Alright.

So I've revised my stance on the charity thing. It's now what I'm leaning most heavily towards, and I like Davlok's idea (at least, I think it was his) of letting the bidder choose the charity. The possibility of the set being flipped was one reason for the switch; the other, is that as far as I know, nobody else has done this, and I would love it for the Monk community to be the first!

(I do remember reading that Athene had donated some game gold to charity a while back, but I'm talking a community putting something together to give to charity.)

So, my goal is to reach 200K DPS on this set (on para 0) before we give it away! What I'll do (and, therefore, what I'm asking) is :

1. Gather donations, both in gold and items. That means I'm also retracting my earlier statement about whether or not a good item you want to donate "fits" into the set. If you're willing to give it away, I'll take it - and sell it myself. Doesn't even have to be monk-specific - although if it isn't, I might ask you to help me out with a ballpark value. I'll keep the OP current as to the remaining gold I have (will go up as I gather, down as I spend, etc.).

2. Get an alt setup, at para 0, so everybody can always have a look at the current state of the set. With that, I'd ask that if someone is available to help me power level the alt this weekend, or in the coming days, they let me know.

Sound fair?
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 6/7/2013 6:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Sweet, liking the change in direction this giveaway is morphing into - charity auction or whatnot. I think it would be much more popular and garner more participation from a lot more folks - geared folks, non-monks, etc - plus it would be fun to follow, even years from now assuming D3 & Monks is still around when folks can look back and say - "Hey, look at all these sets and charity auctions this community did" and a long list of various charities and donation values and "e-famous" winners/contributors show up. Might be the only positive thing the RMAH produces, who knows.

Of course, the winner could be some super flipper or rich dude that just gives the set to someone who he deems worthy, a long time gaming friend he's been trying to hook to D3 for a while, or just try and flip the set - and any of those outcomes would would be ok.

May need to get help advertising this across mediums if you want it to be big! D3 forums are pretty slow.
Reply Quote
This is really great. Very noble indeed. :) Keep up the good work guys! :)
Reply Quote
06/07/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Davlok
May need to get help advertising this across mediums if you want it to be big! D3 forums are pretty slow.

I'm totally out of my area of expertise here. Suggestions?
Reply Quote
Off the top of my head, folks could advertise on fansites or at least their forums like Diablofans, Diablo Sanc, twitch or other blizzard game sites like TL or MMO champ, etc. Heck even general discussion could work!
Reply Quote
Hey Silver, Yes it was me who gave you the AXE. I was afk. ^_^
Reply Quote
Hey Silver,

I really like the direction this is going, unfortunately I don't have any gear or gd to add to this set, but I would be more than happy to power level you to help the cause.

Add me in game Spencer21#1596
Reply Quote
UPDATE : Thanks to Zynestria, my alt has been leveled. You can now see the set on a fresh 60. =)
Reply Quote
Looking Good~
Reply Quote
Trying to upgrade MH still. Any and all contributions welcome!
Reply Quote
Bump for awareness. I'll have to start publicizing this a bit better, traffic has slowed...
Reply Quote
Maybe get the set complete then create a new thread to publicize it?
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Silver32

What are you looking for?
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Silver32

Isn't MH good enough already? Or are you looking for one that also has DEX?

If you do upgrade the MH I will gladly take the one you have now ;)
Edited by Gungnir#1425 on 6/10/2013 9:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Piffle
What are you looking for?

Gold, or items that are good but wouldn't necessarily "fit" into the set. I'll sell them myself if need be.

Of course, a straight-up upgrade item would be nice too. I'm just trying real hard to reach 200K DPS. =)

06/10/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Gungnir
Isn't MH good enough already? Or are you looking for one that also has DEX?

It's far from bad, don't get me wrong - but one with dex would give me more dps (although, one could argue, at a cost of bell effectiveness due to the lower weapon DPS that I'll most likely have to settle with...).
Reply Quote
EDIT : I'll be asking someone else to take over this, as I'll probably be taking a bit of a break from D3. Stay tuned.
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 6/23/2013 7:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
OK - so Nameless has gracefully agreed to complete the work (i.e. charity auction) on this set. Huge props top him - this whole thing had turned out to be a huge weight on my shoulders.

He now has the gears, but I've imported the set's stats on my alt (para 0 female monk) in d3up. Here's a link :

http://d3up.com/b/797542

Could I get confirmation from a few guys that the link works and all?

If so, this'll be my final post in this thread - over to you, Nameless. You guys are in most fantastic hands.

EDIT : Nameless, forgot to hand you a big Ruby gem (second biggest, forget the name) that Scrapz had donated. I'll have to be back on in the next few days to try to get together with OmitaBeast to hand him his set, so hopefully we can hook up.
Edited by Silver32#1142 on 6/24/2013 9:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/24/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Silver32
Could I get confirmation from a few guys that the link works and all?

Link works =)

06/24/2013 09:11 PMPosted by Silver32
over to you, Nameless.

responsibility now over to you = )
Reply Quote
Again GL to you silver hope everything works out and just be happy. RL trumps any games out there.
Reply Quote
"My precious" -- Gollum

That's exactly how I felt after trying this gear on for size on my monk. However tempting it may be to keep pieces to myself, it will all be going away to the lucky winner of a charity auction!

So yeah... Silver32 gave me the set last night (without that last gem)... his dream for this set was to get the gear necessary to push the DPS over 200K on his fresh 60 character and I think he would have been about 6K away. I did some calculations, and it seems that this gear would hit 200K on a paragon 27 monk, which I think is just about right for a set like this.

Later tonight or tomorrow, I'll put this gear on my paragon 94 monk and and take a d3up snapshot so that you can see what the gear would do on a higher paragon monk (I think I end up touching 215K DPS).

I'm hoping to give this set to the winner of the charity auction by the end of the week. I'm guessing that the starting bid will be around 1B (I'm sure that this monk is worth at least that much, given that none of this has any BoA crafts in there). I'll get the ball rolling tomorrow (Wednesday) and maybe declare the winner on Friday in time for the weekend. :)

Stay tuned.
Edited by Nameless#1537 on 6/25/2013 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]