Diablo® III

New Expansion Characters Infographic!

My other idea threads;

Treasure Hunter NPC - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9436964236
Player Leaderboards - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9245584813
Expansion Characters - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9234833492

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check it out! 2 new character classes out of a possible 6. Which ones are your favorite?

http://i.imgur.com/DM9ZpzW.jpg

Wyatt mentioned that new classes will utilize playstyles that we don't already have. This means it is very unlikely we will see a Necromancer (hopefully we can get him as a follower though, yes?).
Anyway, so I was on a really long business flight today and started making up this composition. I was trying to determine which playstyles we have yet to see and thought of some classes accordingly;

Paladin (STR)- S&B Warrior in contrast to the 'Beserker'-style Barb.*

Pirate (STR)- Balanced melee/ranged playstyle with engineer style skills.

Thief (STR/DEX)- Speed focused melee dagger class with Stealth skills.

Druid (INT)- Shapeshifter/Beastmaster class with elemental skills.

Alchemist (INT/DEX)- Crowd Control class with balance of melee/ranged.

Bard (INT/DEX)- Primarily a Buff/Debuff support class.

Let me know what you think and share some ideas of your own. Try to think of a class that offers a new and interesting playstyle. I also really like the idea of a Vitality based class as well but I just kept to the 3 main stats for the purpose of the infographic. :)

*Edit: I've since shifted my views on expansion classes and would replace Thief with our classic Paladin class.
Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/30/2013 2:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I would like to see both a Bard and Alchemist... and to a lesser extent, a Sage.

What I really wish is that Blizzard would take a note from Ragnarok Online and instead of making new classes, make Secondary classes which you have to choose to evolve at lvl 60.

Example : http://files.soul-fighter.webnode.com.br/200000003-192e51a284/job-tree.gif
Reply Quote
Druid, yes please.
Thief, because without guns a pirate would just be lame.
Reply Quote
Knight. Shields are less than awesome currently, it would be nice to see a class that makes good use of them.
Reply Quote
Druid, another STR based class with some elemental or summoning type skills is badly needed in this game...
Reply Quote
Druid (INT)- Shapeshifter and Beastmaster class with elemental skills.

the rest just seemed flat out bad to me
Reply Quote
hope to see the druid again :D
Reply Quote
only necro - they promise if WD will fail (now its on last position) then necro will come back! BRING BACK NECRO!
Reply Quote
Everyone knows the next class will be a strength user. So if we take a page out of Blizzard's playbook, we know it'll be the death knight.

And that it'll be incredibly over powered.

And that if PVP exists by then (lol), it'll be the top ranked class in that pvp (which will definitely be ranked)

And that it'll be able to achieve paragon 100 in a week of casual play.

Because that's how Blizzard makes new things. It makes them stupidly over powered.

And don't forget about the follow up patch that nerfs the death knight into the ground.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the nice comments. :)

06/04/2013 04:42 PMPosted by Cheater
Everyone knows the next class will be a strength user. So if we take a page out of Blizzard's playbook, we know it'll be the death knight

I'd a knight type character would be likely but not a 'death knight' as per se. I'd like to think Blizzard won't just recycle a WoW character into Diablo.
Reply Quote
Good job on the infograph, that looks pretty cool.

Although I don't like "Knight" as a name, the game needs a Shield-focused class like the Paladin from D2. It also needs another Strength class. An upgraded Paladin or a Druid (shapeshifter) would make sense.
Reply Quote
Mark my words, there will be three new classes (for each of the primary stats excluding vit) and one of them will be the druid (which will probably represent the INT stat). The shapeshifting mechanic is too good to be left out. He'll probably be a melee INT class.

As for the other two, I think the STR class will feature a shield user since shields are next to useless except to hardcore players. The DEX class I'm not really sure (another ranged class perhaps?). But it would be cool if they make an assassin-type melee class. Hell they can return the Assassin from D2.
Reply Quote
1)death knight,
everyone loved the necromancer but its too close to the witch doctor, so the death knight brings back the necromancers well necro/undead theme back to fill in that "dark" character gap but doesn't ride on the witch doctors back because the death knight will use a variation of melee and necro magic. I think he'll be a heavy slow melee type that can have 1-2 pets of some sort.

I would like to see the necro come back regardless of there being the witch doctor, I don't think people would honestly complain if the necro is too much like the witch doctor lmao noone really cares, I mean come on blizzard stop with some of that design theory you know people would not complain about the necro coming back regardless of the witch doctor, it was the most loved d2 class of all time.

I'd prefer to see 2 classes make it in the next expansion,

2) Elemental shaman

this type of character that takes a page or two from the druid class in d2 but also from the shaman in World of Warcraft, One that uses static spells that the shaman uses to stay in range of to benefit him and also benefit party members, very similar to a paladins auras. Can also shape shift into specific animals.

Conclusion
My bet is highly on the shaman character to be honest. But I think both of a shaman/druid and a death knight should both be put in the next expansion. I think we need MORE classes to play with not just 1, dont be lazy blizzard give us moar =)

EDIT: Ok one more class

3) Demonologist!

This is what blizzard wanted the demon hunter to be some kind of cross of demon and human but the demon hunter didn't work out that way instead she just became a cross between an assassin/amazon.
the demonologist is obviously a class that studies the depths of hells minions, can perform dark magic and also sometimes transform into a minion of hell and become a melee character in this form.
Edited by NOLLegendz#1445 on 6/4/2013 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I want a Cenobyte class ;-)
Reply Quote
the druid was awesome to play on lod theres no doubt they will have him picked for the expansion but what else would go with a class like that to balance out the rest?.
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 04:23 PMPosted by Horizon
only necro - they promise if WD will fail (now its on last position) then necro will come back! BRING BACK NECRO!

lol the most stupid post I have ever seen. Any Reason why wd would fail? And why you think he is in last position? Did you ever playd diablo 3?
Reply Quote
06/04/2013 10:54 PMPosted by DecadoKiller
the druid was awesome to play on lod theres no doubt they will have him picked for the expansion but what else would go with a class like that to balance out the rest?.

Well Druid is typically an Int class and the game currently needs a Str class which leads me to believe the Druid will come in the second expansion. I think a S&B warrior class would be great, something of a guardian class that can use both ranged and melee skills (spears/swords).

If the Druid is indeed a Str class I doubt it will be called a Druid, it will probably be a retooled version of a shapeshifter and be called a Beastmaster or something similar.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]