Diablo® III

Loving the Console Version Already

There's so many minor tweaks that are going to make this game much more fun to grind, and to me that's what Diablo is all about.

The fact that there is no AH is amazing. Think about it, you now have an item grind, you won't amass 1-2m, buy gear on the AH and never find an upgrade again for yourself. This here is what will make it fun.

You will actually be excited to find gear, instead of just going to the AH to sell/find it. Legendary drops should actually make you jump out of excitement (especially if they bring over the upcoming legendary patch). You'll be able to play with friends and just pass gear around, I'm just hoping there is a little more item storage, ps4 preorder bonus? :)

There's a lot of hate for D3, but in its current version (besides the AH existence) it's really fun and polished quite well. I truly believe if this was released by anyone other than Blizzard it would be very well received. Bringing over all the recent updates that PC version has will make for a good game at time of release; can't wait to grind paragon levels from the comfort of my couch.

Offline HC? Yes please! I love the thrill of playing HC but I have only lost characters to lag so far on the PC version. A little on the fence for first come, first served drop system, would be cool if there was a toggle for this, but whatever as long as you're with friends.

Now I just need to decide what version to get, guess it depends on the PS4 release date. Hope you guys are excited as well!
Reply Quote
I am pretty pumped myself. I had a bitter hatred for this game, but I am starting to come back, especially with the console release now and the no AH. Im definitely going to be getting this on the PS4. The Xb1 looks like crap lol. I can wait the few months for a ps4. Cheers man!
Reply Quote
by the looks of this 5 day old thread and only 1 reply. I'm pretty sure blizzards reputation has plummeted to the point that they may only sell 500,000 copies to people who LOVE this game, or people who are into video games that are like, "whats this?" and decided to make a random game purchase in "walmart" without checking ratings. Thats Diablo 3's Market right there.

The ps4 version WILL SUCK, Why you ask? They Released a BETA to PC USERS and we hold LONG Grudges! I wont be buying another blizzard game, nor will i ever buy one as a gift to friends or family until blizzard fixes this game and makes it the sequel it should have been.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
06/06/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Fallen
A little on the fence for first come, first served drop system, would be cool if there was a toggle for this, but whatever as long as you're with friends.

"First come, first served" loot style only applies to shared screen coop play. The loot on your screen will be all yours if you're playing online, just like on the PC version.

06/06/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Fallen
I love the thrill of playing HC but I have only lost characters to lag so far on the PC version.

I will have to get comfy with the controls before I dare to go Hardcore on the console version, but I do love the idea of same screen HC coop.
Reply Quote

"First come, first served" loot style ...

Is a terrible idea 100% of the time. Sorry, but there's nothing you can say past that that isn't those words.
Reply Quote
I am already planning on getting a copy to play with my family in front of our huge TV. Currently, I am the only player in the house since it is on PC. I will play both versions, of course, and would never give up on my PC!

The AH sucks. Going completely self found from now on, since the AH destroyed my enjoyment of the game on my other characters. Selling all their stuff and rerolling, HC even.
Reply Quote

Is a terrible idea 100% of the time. Sorry, but there's nothing you can say past that that isn't those words.

It would be awkward having items binded to certain players on the ground. That's about the only other option.
Reply Quote
Meanwhile in MP 10 as DH's kite, the barbs sit on top of the elite packs. Wonder who'll get the "first come first server aspect" of that drop. Doesn't matter if it's on the same screen. Unless somehow magically the items gets blown away by a gust of wind, then you'll be searching far and wide, each unid for you to really understand, you have identify the power inside. :o
Reply Quote
After some pondering, and realizing that the itemization should be better and no AH, yeah I'm going to get it...... oh yeah Offline mode! ^_^

Edit: and I am really excited that my wife can play with me
Edited by Sohnzai#1790 on 6/11/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I don't understand how it would work any other way when playing shared screen coop play. This means you are sitting in the same room playing on the same screen as the other 1-3 people you are playing with.
Reply Quote

It would be awkward having items binded to certain players on the ground. That's about the only other option.

I agree. With four people on one screen, all four of those people are in one room together and if you can't come to an agreement about who should get what gear, then why are those people in your house to begin with?

If something really valuable dropped that no one really needed, then me and my friends would either shoot for it (rock, paper, scissors) or we would just rotate. Player 1 gets it this time, next time Player 2, etc.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 01:57 PMPosted by OddBall
Meanwhile in MP 10 as DH's kite, the barbs sit on top of the elite packs. Wonder who'll get the "first come first server aspect" of that drop. Doesn't matter if it's on the same screen. Unless somehow magically the items gets blown away by a gust of wind, then you'll be searching far and wide, each unid for you to really understand, you have identify the power inside. :o

'First come, first served' doesn't apply to online play just local co-op. So I don't see why you'd be missing out on anything if you are sitting next to your friends playing the game, why wouldn't they share equipment? Especially in the case of Barb & DH, what equipment would one even want that the other could use?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Grimiku
"First come, first served" loot style only applies to shared screen coop play. The loot on your screen will be all yours if you're playing online, just like on the PC version.

Perfect! Thanks for clearing that up.
Reply Quote
Honestly I wish I could trade my PC version in for a console version.

Alas, I am not going to pay for another copy just so I can play game the way it was originally designed to be played.

Blizzard has lost faith in this once faithful zealot of a customer.

Edit: How can I make a productive helpful post instead of complaining?

Here's my temporary fix for this cruddy AH. Create an option like "hardcore" that disables the AH completely, and brings item drops up to non AH percentages. Voilà, that was hard.
Edited by Semperfi#1121 on 6/12/2013 4:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]