Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

06/10/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Dragon
And what about billion mobs around waypoints? I lost p49 with this, all population of fields of misery was pulled to cemetery :/

I'm afraid that would be hard to fix. They would need to add some "safe zone", in which mobs will walk away from it when they are not aggro ie next to Waypoint, next to entrance or exit, etc.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Dragon
And what about billion mobs around waypoints? I lost p49 with this, all population of fields of misery was pulled to cemetery :/

You should expect that in the field though. Town is a different story. This is just another tale of half-assery on the part of the D3 devs and it's pretty sad.
Reply Quote

Oh there's a very easy fix here. The devs instanced one end of the town. Do it to the other and the problem goes away. An extra click of "inconvenience" entering/leaving the town on two quests vs. preserving characters and preventing jerks from ruining others' enjoyment of the game...this one's a no-brainer.

Or just make the guards on the gate be able to one hit kill anything that gets to (or past) the gate.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't play hardcore if I was a strawberry.
Reply Quote
I love PR speak. They're going to "evaluate" people being killed at the spawn point, often upon joining games and before the game even fully loads.

They should add the ability to die while logged out, too. Just a % chance to bring up the character select screen and have it say, "You have died of dysentery." I mean, you all know you'll die in hardcore eventually, why not make it really hardcore?

Spot on. Hah! Great.
Reply Quote
Lol that's funny. I don't care who you are now that's funny right there.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
it’s also helpful to report this kind of behavior whenever you see it using the right click > Report option, so that our Customer Support staff can investigate the situation itself and anyone involved. Unless we receive a report, we can’t really look into the issue and/or see if there’s any way that we can assist.

What's the point of that if you aren't going to give the HC player their character back? Training mobs into town has been an issue for a while now. How do we report Blizzard?
Reply Quote
I think Blizzard should restore his account. It's ridiculous you can be 2 levels away from paragon 100 and lose all your time due to griefing. A ban on the grounds of harassment is in order as well for the player that caused it. What the other player did can only be done willingly and knowingly, so there's no use investigating that.
Reply Quote
This only happens in act 1.
Why not park your character inside the inn, leah's room for example is quite safe. (or cains house depending on the quest?)

Then it doesn't matter if you are in a public game and afk then.
Reply Quote
Don't go afk in games. It's rude.
Reply Quote
We all know that playing public games in Hardcore can be risky (any time you involve other people, that becomes the case), and I hope everyone is being extra careful when they do.

@CodSack As a fellow Hardcore player who’s lost a few high-level characters, I’m really sorry this happened to you. We all know that it’s likely that we’ll eventually die in Hardcore (sometimes due to circumstances we can’t even control), and that it’s permanent when it happens, but it doesn’t change the fact that losing a hero can be pretty hard. I can only imagine how frustrating this was for you, but I hope it doesn’t dampen your spirits too much or turn you away from the Hardcore community. Generally, it’s full of awesome people who genuinely love the play style, and only want to help out their fellow Nephalem. I hope this has primarily been your experience too.

I know you’re concerned with ensuring this kind of situation doesn’t happen again (to you or to other players), so I want to let you know that we’re passing along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate people who can evaluate it and decide what to do. Along those lines, it’s also helpful to report this kind of behavior whenever you see it using the right click > Report option, so that our Customer Support staff can investigate the situation itself and anyone involved. Unless we receive a report, we can’t really look into the issue and/or see if there’s any way that we can assist.

HAHA they could not care any less. I can not fathom why people play HC D3. This game is a mess. I die constantly to lagspikes.; everything is going well... game freezes... 4-5 seconds go by and sometimes i'm dead sometimes i'm not. Add exploits killing players in town, .... that what a waste of time.
Reply Quote
This only happens in act 1.
Why not park your character inside the inn, leah's room for example is quite safe. (or cains house depending on the quest?)

Then it doesn't matter if you are in a public game and afk then.

Except when people bring 100 zombies into town in a public game and sit them there and invite\wait for people to join the game. You can't really do much about that. Sure you can ignore invites from people, however it also happens in random public games that the game assigns you to.

If you go AFK in town you deserve to lose your character, however joining a game at random should not bring with it the distinct possibility of you dying before your screen finishes loading.
Reply Quote
Both act 1 and act 3 can have mobs led to kill you though act 3 is a little less likely.
Reply Quote
I don't have a HC character but I am totally with you, people with the sole intention of getting other people's HC character killed should get run over by a car in real life the next day.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
We all know that playing public games in Hardcore can be risky

You should come to Australia and try, totally forget HC for me and many other Aussies. So sad we never get local server support. Sob.
Reply Quote
It's unfortunate that Grimiku didn't make note of the fact that this is being exploited to kill players before their game has loaded. Literally hundreds of Hardcore players are being killed with this exploit now.

Going AFK is one thing, being killed on the loading screen before you have control of your character is another entirely. Fingers crossed they (eventually) patch a travel instance to the entry of town like they did on the other side. It actually makes little sense as to why they would secure one side for this exact reason but leave the other side vulnerable.
Reply Quote
I have a feeling the reason Blizzard is not just making the front entrance of New Tristram a clickable passageway is due to the first couple of quests in Act I, where that gate is used. Maybe they're having complications with that.
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 11:44 PMPosted by Gargoyle
I have a feeling the reason Blizzard is not just making the front entrance of New Tristram a clickable passageway is due to the first couple of quests in Act I, where that gate is used. Maybe they're having complications with that.

Then y the hell don't the guards just open and close the gate when people come and go inst that the purpose of a gate and or door in the first place?

Like that other dude said the guards should also be able to 1 shot anything that comes near the gate.

This really should have been fixed at the same time as the vote kick issue that was a HUGH issue to be over looked by Blizzard no common sense went into that at all, unless it on purpose and the first person to actually do this to another HC player got a free Diablo III action figure ;-)
Reply Quote
We all know that playing public games in Hardcore can be risky (any time you involve other people, that becomes the case), and I hope everyone is being extra careful when they do.

@CodSack As a fellow Hardcore player who’s lost a few high-level characters, I’m really sorry this happened to you. We all know that it’s likely that we’ll eventually die in Hardcore (sometimes due to circumstances we can’t even control), and that it’s permanent when it happens, but it doesn’t change the fact that losing a hero can be pretty hard. I can only imagine how frustrating this was for you, but I hope it doesn’t dampen your spirits too much or turn you away from the Hardcore community. Generally, it’s full of awesome people who genuinely love the play style, and only want to help out their fellow Nephalem. I hope this has primarily been your experience too.

I know you’re concerned with ensuring this kind of situation doesn’t happen again (to you or to other players), so I want to let you know that we’re passing along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate people who can evaluate it and decide what to do. Along those lines, it’s also helpful to report this kind of behavior whenever you see it using the right click > Report option, so that our Customer Support staff can investigate the situation itself and anyone involved. Unless we receive a report, we can’t really look into the issue and/or see if there’s any way that we can assist.

I have a full list of dead HC died on bad connection/lag. Can you review that too?
Reply Quote
Towns should be a safe place. Please change that in act 1 and 3, this shouldn't be allowed to happen, at least in terms of HC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]