Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1TREU5S4zg

Dont go AFK will solve half your problems. Not accepting random invites will solve the rest.
Reply Quote
One of my friends account got hacked by some chinese guy using him as a bot.
The bot is just starting games at mp10 in act3 and waits till the mobs get killed by the npc.
I reported him and also the other account of the guy to blizzard but they dont care about it.

And in fact i LOVE to kill him every time with leading those mobs to the town.
Self justice is just ftw ;D
Reply Quote
We all know that playing public games in Hardcore can be risky (any time you involve other people, that becomes the case), and I hope everyone is being extra careful when they do.

@CodSack As a fellow Hardcore player who’s lost a few high-level characters, I’m really sorry this happened to you. We all know that it’s likely that we’ll eventually die in Hardcore (sometimes due to circumstances we can’t even control), and that it’s permanent when it happens, but it doesn’t change the fact that losing a hero can be pretty hard. I can only imagine how frustrating this was for you, but I hope it doesn’t dampen your spirits too much or turn you away from the Hardcore community. Generally, it’s full of awesome people who genuinely love the play style, and only want to help out their fellow Nephalem. I hope this has primarily been your experience too.

I know you’re concerned with ensuring this kind of situation doesn’t happen again (to you or to other players), so I want to let you know that we’re passing along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate people who can evaluate it and decide what to do. Along those lines, it’s also helpful to report this kind of behavior whenever you see it using the right click > Report option, so that our Customer Support staff can investigate the situation itself and anyone involved. Unless we receive a report, we can’t really look into the issue and/or see if there’s any way that we can assist.

Oh there's a very easy fix here. The devs instanced one end of the town. Do it to the other and the problem goes away. An extra click of "inconvenience" entering/leaving the town on two quests vs. preserving characters and preventing jerks from ruining others' enjoyment of the game...this one's a no-brainer.
Caution: This cookie bites back.

Took a MVP to beat me to it. Just put a door on the bridge.
Reply Quote
450 hours in HC character and you are still a noob... How sad. Sadly there is no unnoob button that Blizzard can program into the game...
Reply Quote
It pisses me off when people on hardcore goes AFK.

I hope this idea gets spread so we can kill everyone who does what you did.

Now seriously, a paragorn 98 character?

I´m not even feeling bad anymore for losing my level 60´s character for connection lost or for my stupidity.
Reply Quote
What really pisses me off is this is a simple problem that they could solve in less then a day. Put a few soldiers outside the town that have OP bows that don't move.........
Reply Quote
Someone should be standing guard by the gates of New Tristram...like to close the gate every once in a while. With zombies coming straight at you from your front porch, who wouldn't shut the door?
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 05:29 AMPosted by DeviousDummy
Someone should be standing guard by the gates of New Tristram...like to close the gate every once in a while. With zombies coming straight at you from your front porch, who wouldn't shut the door?
Common sense has no place with the citizens of Tristram. An "angel" fell from the sky (worst story line ever)and they thought it was a star that had landed on the cathedral. A STAR. You know the giant sized objects which generally make up the center of a solar system, yea that landed on the cathedral... So assuming they would be smart enough to close the gate to prevent a zombie attack? Not in this town buddy.
Edited by ChaosLeech#1406 on 6/11/2013 5:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1TREU5S4zg

Dont go AFK will solve half your problems. Not accepting random invites will solve the rest.

It's not just random invites, it's entering public games full stop. Unless you create the game yourself or are playing with IRL friends that you know wouldn't PK you, you're not safe.

Player's shouldn't be getting killed before town has even loaded up. I agree that the OP made the mistake of going AFK in town, he only has himself to blame, but that doesn't mean mobs should be allowed into town. The fact it's being exploited to kill player's before they are even able to move or take action is completely broken.
Reply Quote
06/11/2013 05:36 AMPosted by ChaosLeech
Common sense has no place with the citizens of Tristram. An "angel" fell from the sky (worst story line ever)and they thought it was a star that had landed on the cathedral. A STAR. You know the giant sized objects which generally make up the center of a solar system, yea that landed on the cathedral... So assuming they would be smart enough to close the gate to prevent a zombie attack? Not in this town buddy.

Despite the fact that justifying events with realistic logic in a fantasy setting is absurd, the Diablo franchise clearly takes place in a world where the understanding of astronomy isn't developed. Anyway..
Reply Quote
Fix it please

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1fu5hw/warning_do_not_join_if_invited_by_bobafett_vip_or/
Reply Quote
Simple problem ,simple solution.DONT AFK IN HC PUBLIC GAMES.If u need afk leave game.

SIMPLE
Reply Quote
Sorry but LOL!
Reply Quote
Don´t join public games

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1fu5hw/warning_do_not_join_if_invited_by_bobafett_vip_or/

Fact you don´t know the MP you are entering!!

PK will invite you into a MP10 zone ..no time to think, activate skills , run.... result .panic and instant death

BLIZZARD fix this!
Edited by Mallanders#1447 on 6/11/2013 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Back in my days, players around you were all level 1 and they'd be 1-shoting you with "friendly" fire to collect your items and ears...

... and this was in softcore.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:30 PMPosted by vmxaesa
Don't go afk in a pub game in HC. People want to see you die.

^of course they do. They know there is a REALLY HIGH PROBABILITY THE PLAYER YOU KILLED IS PUNCHING A WALL, OR YELLING. Some kind of feelings ensue.

Leading mobs into town, I thought that was the purpose of a fix they did on the bridge when the game was released. I guess they didn't fix everything.

Lastly, so you left your toon afk. Boy that was a great idea to do in HC mode. What were you doing???
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
How about less QQ and more pewpew!! Your toon got killed,suck it up and roll again.
Reply Quote
Everytime you join a public game or tele to a player for the first time in pub game you should have a "shield" - God Mode like aura for about 10 sec (same like Elite mobs). This aura should also appear everytime your game is lagging badly and you have no way to control your toon and go off after the lag is gone.

This way you wouldn't have to worry about lag or any PK invites at all.

As for AFK just go to the inn or just leave the game, it only takes 2 or 3 sec to do it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]