Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

06/08/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Oake
If you have to go afk for a few, leave the game. I hate people who go afk and not leave the game. It is rude. Glad your toon got waxed. Wish we could lead mobs into town for all the acts to get rid of lame afks.

I guess a true hardcore gamer has always an empty bottle ready next to him when nature calls.

Yeah the word "hardcore" has to come from somewhere doesnt it :p
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 6/8/2013 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Wonderful. The other thread about this got deleted, and this will undoubtedly too.

Why doesn't Blizz want threads about leading monster into town to PK players? Seriously?
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:29 PMPosted by GeorgAnatoly
If you go afk in act 1 just go afk inside the inn. Problem solved.

How about closing off the entrances to the town? Blizzard closed off one of them in June 2012 and said 'the town should be a safe haven' but left the the other one open. Why not close that one too, then it would be Problem Solved.
Reply Quote
I didn't lose 2 barbs in 2 days. I only lost one today
Reply Quote
AHAHAHHAAHAHAH you play hardcore and you go AFK???? first mistake right there...thats why i dont play that lame HC BS....enjoy starting over and all the time and money wasted...at least you didnt get lag killed like a p100 guy I know....HC players...you guys just love the abuse.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 04:16 PMPosted by VinnyI
So I was playing HC earlier and I had to go AFK for a couple minutes

You're just asking to be killed. Especially in HC. 1) I'd kill you for going AFK. 2) I'd kill you again because its HC. 3) You're AFK and in HC; you basically deserved it.
What, a guy can't go take a leak, eat a donut, cook up a cup of coffee, and stretch his limbs a little bit once in a while?

Are you a human or a robot? Just curious.
Reply Quote
i don't play hardcore, but this issue sounds like a hotfix in the work.
Reply Quote
If you have to go afk for a few, leave the game. I hate people who go afk and not leave the game. It is rude.

And I hate people who are so damn presumptuous. If your baby girl burn her hands off on the stove, you don't go 'Hang on baby, daddy can't go AFK and has to log off before he can take you to the ER'

Glad your toon got waxed. Wish we could lead mobs into town for all the acts to get rid of lame afks.

There are really, really nasty words describing people like you in minute detail. Most of them are accurate.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 6/8/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 04:16 PMPosted by VinnyI
So I was playing HC earlier and I had to go AFK for a couple minutes

You're just asking to be killed. Especially in HC. 1) I'd kill you for going AFK. 2) I'd kill you again because its HC. 3) You're AFK and in HC; you basically deserved it.

I agree. That's like having a car, yeah, and... like parking it somewhere you should't and get your tyres slached. Tottaly your failt loYZZ
Reply Quote
AFK in HC is like leaving your wallet in the middle of the street. People shouldn't steal your money, but you know it's going to happen. Why take the risk? I think the PKer did you a Favor. He/She taught you a valuable lesson in common sense.
Reply Quote
if you check my links I posted earlier, you can tell that basically one could get killed as soon as he joined a game since you start at town every time you join a new game. So, afk or not doesn't matter in this case. The problem is whether the town should be a safe haven or not. Blizzard claimed that it should be a safe haven. Some HC players experienced otherwise.
Edited by MisterAjikko#1937 on 6/8/2013 5:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 05:26 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
AFK in HC is like leaving your wallet in the middle of the street. People shouldn't steal your money, but you know it's going to happen. Why take the risk? I think the PKer did you a Favor. He/She taught you a valuable lesson in common sense.

Except it's not like that at all, because he was in town. There's a reasonable expectation of safety in town. This was caused by a bug that the player was unaware of. It's more like leaving your wallet in your house and having it stolen. The knee jerk reaction to blame the victim is a bit ridiculous don't you think?
Reply Quote
I know they fixed the Act 1 Weeping bridge thing... maybe theres another section that allows it to happen still or did the Weeping bridge thing get broken again?
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Hamedo
Except it's not like that at all, because he was in town. There's a reasonable expectation of safety in town. This was caused by a bug that the player was unaware of.

I would hardly call it a bug since Blizz patched the game in June 2012 (yeees, one year ago) to prevent this exact thing, but somehow negligence, incompetence or simply don't-give-a-ships kept the other way open, and that has been open ever since.

Why only close off the way to Weeping Hollow and even go all in and explicitly describe the change as they did if they were only going to do half the job?

June 19, 2012 1.03 patch notes

To prevent monsters from being unintentionally kited into town from other areas of the game, portals have been placed at both ends of the bridge from New Tristram to The Weeping Hollow. Towns have always been intended to be a safe haven from combat, and this change will help keep the denizens of New Tristram safe from the dangers that lurk beyond its walls.

Does this make ANY sense at all?!
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 6/8/2013 6:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
06/08/2013 05:56 PMPosted by LiLmEgZ
I know they fixed the Act 1 Weeping bridge thing... maybe theres another section that allows it to happen still or did the Weeping bridge thing get broken again?

You lead a few zombies from the Old Tristram Road (very beginning of the game). After the new mob density, there might be a hell lot more zombies. Here's some footage way back when, it still works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmFLCn5EbSw
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Hamedo
There's a reasonable expectation of safety in town.
Apparently there isn't.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]