Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

06/08/2013 07:41 PMPosted by atsbill123
It is scary just how evil some people are

What's even worse, is people defending them.
Reply Quote
Rules to survive public games:
- Never afk in a public game.
- Never join high mp public games in act 1 (mobs can surround you in town).
- Never join a brawling game (same reason as above but it can put you in MP10!).
- Never join them if you are squishy.

Otherwise I hope these issues can be fixed and sorry for the loss of your character.
Edited by KillFrenzy#6738 on 6/8/2013 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No love for the hardcore players. Sorry OP, but the people doing that to you have some serious psychological problems and feel the need to negate your hundreds of hours of playing so that they feel better about themselves because more than likely, they amount up to nothing in real life.

In my opinion, don't play hardcore anymore. If I was in your shoes, I would write an article describing the situation and my feelings towards it, send it to professional gaming websites, and quit. If Blizzard does not want to compensate you for your lost then by all means, write about it and publicly announce it since they won't.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 07:00 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
No. I agree it's the fault of bad game design, but it's also the fault of the player being dumb enough to trust that he won't get ganked in a Public Game.

How are they dumb if the player has literally no idea about this town PK exploit? How can they expect being killed before the load screen has even finished to be possible? That's not a reasonable expectation.

Blizzard obviously doesn't care or they would have fixed it by now.

Actually they do care, they already fixed the Weeping Hollow entrance for that exact reason. Only a matter of time before this other side is fixed too. They have also actually permabanned players for repeat PKing.

Our point Chaos is that this is an exploit that gives a player absolutely no opportunity to avoid death. Players shouldn't have to 'avoid public games altogether' to rule out any risk, as you said yourself this is a fault in the game's design. It's amusing how you changed your tune from saying it's the player's own fault for AFKing, you've been informed that's not the case but you are still saying it's the player's own fault for joining a public game.

The bottom line is HC players should be able to join Public Games without the risk of being killed before the game has even loaded. As I said twice before;

Clicking someones banner? Yes, rookie error, can't complain about death.
Waypointing to a hostile zone? Yes, rookie error, can't complain about death.

Joining a public game and being killed before said game has even loaded?
No, cheap unavoidable exploit, has every right to complain as this shouldn't be possible.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 09:55 PMPosted by DamienJohn
The bottom line is HC players should be able to join Public Games without the risk of being killed before the game has even loaded. As I said twice before;

Totally agreed.

Joining a public game and being killed before said game has even loaded?
No, cheap unavoidable exploit, has every right to complain as this shouldn't be possible.

This should deserve a hotfix.
Reply Quote
View profile
I can't help but hear Justin Timberlake's "cry me a river" song playing in the background when I read this thread title.
Reply Quote
Posted by ChaosLeech
...but it's also the fault of the player being dumb...

No, NO, NO! It's NEVER your fault if you get shot in the face, just because you could've stayed home that day. It's NEVER your fault if you got raped, because you wore a short skirt while having a drink with your friends.

What the fop is wrong with you! Seriously, seek professional help, you need it.
Reply Quote
Agree with the others. You deserved that death for the annoyance you caused for the others. Or did you think that 50%extra health was more fun for them? Lol
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Ligh7bulb
Agree with the others. You deserved that death for the annoyance you caused for the others. Or did you think that 50%extra health was more fun for them? Lol

People like you are just... scumbags extraordionare, worse than a thieving baftard. At least thieves have an ulterior motive, people who are ruining it for other people just for fun... I can't find words.
Reply Quote
i understand your pain. and i feel bad for you..

but then again i don't.. itz like both really.

if u didn't take precautions and got caught slipping then it's on you.

With HC there ain't no messing around.

people here have already listed the best practices..
you got to para 98 and didn't know you shouldn't AFK in town...

so what else did you not learn up to this point before taking on HC?.. this game is full of traps...

be better next time i guess. And remember itz a cold world.
Reply Quote
A very simple fix for this. When you highlight a portal or game entry the game should notify you how many hostiles are in "Active" range. This would eliminate PK's at portals. Still doesn't stop PK's from players kiting but it gives you running room... Most likely you will get away.
Reply Quote
It seems very serious issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO7-0aaHTzo
Reply Quote
*sigh*

Its weird, it seems like something like this only happen on Blizzard forums... people defending obvious and pathetic design mistakes and shifting the blame to the player...

I mean... In D1 and D2 the town was always a safe place, but now D3 you can lure monsters in! And good does that to the game? Nothing at all.

But its the player's fault right? Not the braindead designers that not only screwed up many important basic parts of an ARPG but also made ridiculous oversights such as these.

"Hey lets allow player to litter the town with monsters! It will be different and fun!"
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:25 PMPosted by CodSack
So I was playing HC earlier and I had to go AFK for a couple minutes. When I returned I found my Paragon 98 dead in town! I was like WTH? I saw in the chat window where another guy said he almost died as well. I asked what had happened as I didn't see anything. He said there were mobs in town. I asked how is that even possible? your suppose to be safe in town! He said come on I'll show you. We went to softcore and he showed me how to lead mobs into town on act 1. I honestly didn't think they could come past the gate. That being said, someone lead the mobs into town just to be mean and try to kill other members HC characters. There has to be a way to find out which member of the party did this with a little investigating. This members account should be banned! I had 450 hours into this HC character and to die like that just sickens me! Surely Blizzard can do something on my behalf. If they know this is an issue, why hasn't it been addressed? PLEASE HELP!!!!

The offender must play Warcraft. I see that stuff all the time. My favorite was before Blizzard fixed the snake trap bug. Dead bodies everywhere in the starting area.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 03:25 AMPosted by Kiroptus
I mean... In D1 and D2 the town was always a safe place, but now D3 you can lure monsters in! And good does that to the game? Nothing at all.

not really.

you could kill players in a1 town. kinda convoluted process, but still.

you just had to use a a1 merc, and hostile the player you wanted to kill. you hostile a nec (your friend or whatever) who stays in town and casts clay golems outside. your merc would shoot at the golems. sometimes, an arrow would pierce and travel into town.

if the angle is correct, the arrow can hit the guy you wanted to kill, damaging or killing him.

blizz knew about this exploit which was why they erected a fence in between the stash and the town entrance. they didn't patch the mechanic though, which is why if a guy afks near the town entrance, he could still be killed.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 06:36 PMPosted by ChaosLeech
It's not even the type of PKing that targets 'noobs' for playing carelessly
Oh, but it is. Playing HC in public games and then going AFK weather in town or not are both careless actions. Why you ask? Well, cause he's dead isn't he.

so, you think people should not expect safety in towns, despite Blizzard saying that is what towns should be for?
Reply Quote
ROFL, hahahaahahahaha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]