Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

in diablo 2 we were immune to damage in town and mobs were not following to town..
Reply Quote
Spook sure had a nice Hellfire ring.
Reply Quote
OR... They should enable "autoattack mode" if you're being attacked on town. I mean, the primary skill being used to attack, and only that.
Reply Quote
What happened to the code from Diablo 2 that prevented mobs from coming into town and disabling damage in town? I know they have events in town where mobs are present, but couldn't they just disable said code just during those events? They don't even need to figure out a fix or the algorythm for that fix. It already exists.
Reply Quote
Your thread has been worth it if only to warn people like me who had absolutely no idea that this could happen. I will be more vigilant now. I am sorry for your loss.
Reply Quote
View profile
l2p
Reply Quote
L2P and don't go AFK. You got trolled.

B-b-but hardcore is for real playerz! Lawl.

Maybe in another year they can patch in a thing called invulnerability while you're in town...we all know they have the capacity to put it on the elite mobs.

SMH.
Reply Quote
Posted by ChaosLeech
...but it's also the fault of the player being dumb...

No, NO, NO! It's NEVER your fault if you get shot in the face, just because you could've stayed home that day. It's NEVER your fault if you got raped, because you wore a short skirt while having a drink with your friends.

What the fop is wrong with you! Seriously, seek professional help, you need it.

I need professional help? Your the one using ***##*!! analogies for a VIDEO GAME. I'm sorry dude but that's totally inappropriate and has nothing to do with the conversation.

Saying that the victim of a "Crime" is never at fault is misguided BS and one of the things that's wrong with the world today. Nobody wants to take personal responsibility for their actions.

The Op's character death was his fault because he had control of the situation. He went AFK and decided to leave his character vulnerable in town, while fully knowing that this exploit is around and functional. Had he not went AFK he could has easily (being para98) dispatched a few zombies in town. And if he couldn't he should have been playing such a high MP level.

In your rush to label me as evil, as apposed to actually trying to understand my point of view, you apparently missed the whole part where I said Blizzard was also at fault as well for not addressing this. But just because Blizzard hasn't fixed it yet does not exonerate the OP from responsibility. Yes it is possible for both parties of a situation to be wrong when something happens. I also blame the PK guy for doing what he did. All parties are at fault here.

But I guess this is what we should expect when they put hardcore mode in a game thats been extremely dumbed down for the masses. D2 Hardcore mode, had it's fair share of whiners too, but not this bad. It still took a little grit to play HC in D2. People used to Duel to the death! That's Hardcore.
Reply Quote
im sorry to hear that you lost your character, personally it hink the best way to fix this on blizzes behalf that if a monster crosses the threashold into a town, they will just die, no gets the exp and he drops 0 loot + gold apon death on the threashhold.

ppl who seem to be bad mouthing you for being afk seem to not understand that ppl go afk for a reason, like an important phone call and you thought it was going to be quick, someone at the door, if you have a kid and they need you for something.

there are meany reasons why you can go afk, and most of those can be quick things, others can take longer then normal, and you cant just say to whatever your at "hang on give me a sec to log out of a video game" as that itself is rude
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Oake
If you have to go afk for a few, leave the game. I hate people who go afk and not leave the game. It is rude. Glad your toon got waxed. Wish we could lead mobs into town for all the acts to get rid of lame afks.

You're an idiot
Reply Quote
if u need to go afk, go to a safe place (inn, leah or cain's room), act 2 (anywhere in town), act 3 (just need to be sure u are not in the torch or keep quest where mobs can be lured to town), act 4 (anywhere in town), expect the worst from your teammates and u will be fine.
when u come back from afk check the banner (to port to safety when the combat status is off) and better if u dont take the waypoint to travel bcos of posible set-up trap that awaits in the other end. also when u are in a cave there is a chance that mobs will be lured to the entrance so stay alert if that happens to have al your main skills ready (serenity, vault, spirit walk, leap or whatever barb uses).
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:25 PMPosted by CodSack
So I was playing HC earlier and I had to go AFK for a couple minutes. When I returned I found my Paragon 98 dead in town! I was like WTH? I saw in the chat window where another guy said he almost died as well. I asked what had happened as I didn't see anything. He said there were mobs in town. I asked how is that even possible? your suppose to be safe in town! He said come on I'll show you. We went to softcore and he showed me how to lead mobs into town on act 1. I honestly didn't think they could come past the gate. That being said, someone lead the mobs into town just to be mean and try to kill other members HC characters. There has to be a way to find out which member of the party did this with a little investigating. This members account should be banned! I had 450 hours into this HC character and to die like that just sickens me! Surely Blizzard can do something on my behalf. If they know this is an issue, why hasn't it been addressed? PLEASE HELP!!!!

very sample answer: Bliz's game developers incapable of "THINK" alot....
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Zyron
HC is for the consoles only. They reserved offline mode for consoles to sell more copies.

sad truth
HC pc players got shafted bigtime, there's no way around this fact.

Nobody played HC offline in Diablo 2. If you played HC offline in Diablo 2 it meant nothing. No one cared that you were HC offline because you could just hack your character. People play HC for the recognition of other people... don't even pretend like they don't.... hell half the crap people do in these games is for recognition from other players. Diablo 2 HC was no different, DC's etc. The only difference in Diablo 2 was you could INSTANTLY LEAVE A GAME... so HC didn't actually mean anything... other than you can hit ESC really fast when you take damage.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 11:48 AMPosted by Capo

sad truth
HC pc players got shafted bigtime, there's no way around this fact.

Nobody played HC offline in Diablo 2. If you played HC offline in Diablo 2 it meant nothing. No one cared that you were HC offline because you could just hack your character. People play HC for the recognition of other people... don't even pretend like they don't.... hell half the crap people do in these games is for recognition from other players. Diablo 2 HC was no different, DC's etc. The only difference in Diablo 2 was you could INSTANTLY LEAVE A GAME... so HC didn't actually mean anything... other than you can hit ESC really fast when you take damage.

if single player games didn't exist you might have a point, but they do
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Hardcore)
View profile

It's time that Blizzard takes action against those PKers. So far, we had this...:
-Whymshire PK at portal (can be prevented easily)
-Barb gearing with mass life regen surrounded by monsters (softly fixed with combat alert)
-Vote PK
-Dragging monsters from Weeping Hallow (Fixed) (Public game PK)
-Dragging monsters from the Old Road (yet to be fixed) (Public game PK)
-Invite PK
-Start "leaving the game" just before the boss fight and leave "the other lone player" hanging.
-Moonseed PK
-Act 2 KW PK or those "Spinner monsters" PK
-I'm sure I missed a few others.

I'm aware of all these methods except "Moonseed PK". Never heard of this one. Anybody know what it is and how to avoid being a victim?

CodSack, I'm so sorry you lost your barb to this BS. :( I have some barb gear to help you with your re-roll if you need it. I'll send you a FR once I get in game a bit later on.

Galx
Reply Quote
What, a guy can't go take a leak, eat a donut, cook up a cup of coffee, and stretch his limbs a little bit once in a while?

Are you a human or a robot? Just curious.

Isn't it obvious? He's a scumbag who rationalizes the bad things he does by blaming the victim. Period. Purely selfish, immature, idiotic scumbags. They actually think blaming the victim excuses them. Which shows how stupid they are.

This game is supposedly a RPG. People DO roleplay exactly the way you explained for entertainment purposes.
Reply Quote
many many lulz is being had.

There should be SOME fun in this game.

You care-bear's make me sick.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]