Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

It's time that Blizzard takes action against those PKers. So far, we had this...:
-Whymshire PK at portal (can be prevented easily)
-Barb gearing with mass life regen surrounded by monsters (softly fixed with combat alert)
-Vote PK
-Dragging monsters from Weeping Hallow (Fixed) (Public game PK)
-Dragging monsters from the Old Road (yet to be fixed) (Public game PK)
-Invite PK
-Start "leaving the game" just before the boss fight and leave "the other lone player" hanging.
-Moonseed PK
-Act 2 KW PK or those "Spinner monsters" PK
-I'm sure I missed a few others.

I'm aware of all these methods except "Moonseed PK". Never heard of this one. Anybody know what it is and how to avoid being a victim?

CodSack, I'm so sorry you lost your barb to this BS. :( I have some barb gear to help you with your re-roll if you need it. I'll send you a FR once I get in game a bit later on.

Galx

It's in Act 2. Those "Moonseed" explodes after 2 seconds when triggered. You can "predict" when your ally to walk there and throw a legendary item or something to "take their focus" away from the imminent danger.

You can totally prevent this by avoiding the Oasis altogether... I mean, there's already those damn "Spinner" who can be used to PK you. Who's the brilliant guy who decided that he should deflect allied projectile... and do full Damage on you. Seriously, morons shoot their projectile (especially if they have Dampening Missile) and run away just before they deflect everything and kill everyone except the PKer...
Reply Quote
You can totally prevent this by avoiding the Oasis altogether... I mean, there's already those damn "Spinner" who can be used to PK you. Who's the brilliant guy who decided that he should deflect allied projectile... and do full Damage on you. Seriously, morons shoot their projectile (especially if they have Dampening Missile) and run away just before they deflect everything and kill everyone except the PKer...

Another reason to hate on DHs and neglect them from parties.
By yours truly blizzard :<
Reply Quote

my first hardcore Wiz got killed because of my own projectile when a Keywarden just moved in the screen out of nowhere while I was shooting other mobs.

So, not just a problem exclusively aim at DHs.
Reply Quote

my first hardcore Wiz got killed because of my own projectile when a Keywarden just moved in the screen out of nowhere while I was shooting other mobs.

So, not just a problem exclusively aim at DHs.

Obviously, it affects WD and Wizard as well ;) This game is seriously stacked against ranged class =/
Reply Quote
#y.o.l.o
Reply Quote
no sympathy for anyone who plays hardcore in public games... lol you are dumb
Reply Quote
I cannot believe you made it almost to 99 para w/o knowing about known PK's and PK players. Sucks you lost that toon due to some jerk. Report that guy for PKing and check HC forums for PK players.
Reply Quote
So many little casual babies. I cried less when I lost my sorc to a TPPKer during a Baal run. And at the time I was eleven years old.

Grow a pair or quit HC.
Reply Quote
There are still a lot of asshats around. This is number 1 reason why I will not do public games. On sc or HC. Too many jerks. :/ Welcome to the Internet of Morons.
Reply Quote
Not saying anything here, just something that should be implemented on diablo. In Path of Exile, there is a 17 sec grace moment when u join the game. U can't get any damage.

That 25min long BobaFet movie wouldn´t happen if something similar was on d3.
Reply Quote
Sorry to hear OP, that's such a absurd thing to have happen. Bliz should (and hopefully will) fix this ASAP.

For all the people who dislike when others go AFK... Blizz should time it out to the lobby once the player is officially AFK. People sometimes have important things come up IRL and shouldn't be punished for it IMO. Town invulnerability is a must...dying playing the game (or even to your own idiocy- speaking about me here, force quitting a game to go answer the door) is something we can all handle...but the cowardly PKing isn't acceptable especially when it can be prevented by closing off the one remaining entry to the ACT1 town. It is worse than any DC and it's just a lame way to lose a character.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 11:05 AMPosted by XZero
if u need to go afk, go to a safe place (inn, leah or cain's room), act 2 (anywhere in town), act 3 (just need to be sure u are not in the torch or keep quest where mobs can be lured to town), act 4 (anywhere in town), expect the worst from your teammates and u will be fine.

I guess that's the point this guy is trying to make, he thought he was in a safe place (and so did I). It's a shame that you have to expect the worst from your team mates, but I'm afraid that is a reality of life in today's Vid games.
Reply Quote
I think there was an issue like this with the previous MMO i had played.
Of course the obvious fix is there was like an invisible barrier that a monster cannot enter a safe zone/town.
The other was the monster will return back to his original spawning point when is too far away.

But i believe any high paragon character who go AFK on town deserves to die,
They obviously doing that to "brag",
And besides, i dont get the point going AFK on towns.... really? why?
Edited by Xuu#6972 on 6/9/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Optimus
I'm afraid that is a reality of life in today's Vid games.
That's been a reality of Multi player games since they were invented. Nothing new here.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Xuu

Ever heard of a toilet break?
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:25 PMPosted by CodSack
I had to go AFK for a couple minutes.

When will people learn? Don't do it.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Optimus

Ever heard of a toilet break?

Nope. there is no need for one in a 20 mins game.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/08/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Vresiberba
If you have to go afk for a few, leave the game. I hate people who go afk and not leave the game. It is rude.

And I hate people who are so damn presumptuous. If your baby girl burn her hands off on the stove, you don't go 'Hang on baby, daddy can't go AFK and has to log off before he can take you to the ER'

Glad your toon got waxed. Wish we could lead mobs into town for all the acts to get rid of lame afks.

There are really, really nasty words describing people like you in minute detail. Most of them are accurate.

Not to be a jerk, but if your daughter is burning herself on the stove, maybe you should be supervising her instead of playing video games so that doesn't happen in the first place. For any run of the mill reasons to afk though, like bathroom, drink etc, either take care of that before joining, or leave the game. Dunno why people can't plan a few minutes in advance if they need to pee or get a drink.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]