Diablo® III

Leading Mobs into town has to STOP!

Why not go into Cain's house or the bar and sit there. I doubt the monsters can follow you.

Sadly, common sense and personal responsibility have no place on this pathetic path society as a whole has decided to turn down...
Reply Quote
So what are you going to do with your life now that your lvl 98 paragon is dead?

P.S. I lol'ed ;)
Reply Quote
I hate to say it but after 98 Paragon levels you never learned not to AFK IN TOWN IN A PUBLIC GAME? Sorry but this was all your fault.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:29 PMPosted by GeorgAnatoly
If you go afk in act 1 just go afk inside the inn. Problem solved.

What if you do go AFK in town, then the hoards of mobs are at the entrance waiting for you?
Reply Quote
The fact that you can die in town is a glaring problem that needs to be fixed. We all know that. All we have to wonder now is why in the world the devs thought it was a good idea to let people take damage in town. (ZOMG BUT THE SCOURING OF CALDEUM AND THE BREACHED KEEP ARE NEW AND EXCITING GAME CONCEPTS DONT YOU SEE THIS!!!??!?!?!?!)

obviously someone never played castlevania -_-
all im saying is monsters in town is far from a new idea.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 06:22 PMPosted by Capnsensible
Not to be a jerk, but if your daughter is burning herself on the stove, maybe you should be supervising her instead of playing video games so that doesn't happen in the first place.

Fine, a water pipe bursts in the kitchen and runs dangerously close to electricity while a stone flies through the window and knocks over a candle that ignites the curtains. You realise that it was an example of an hypothetical situation, right.
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Calamity
Don't afk in public games on hardcore and don't join them make your own.

Then who's going to join your game if you're telling everyone not to join public games?
Reply Quote
Pay attention.
Reply Quote
And why would you go AFK in HC?
Reply Quote
K you guys got me to bite again...sure, I can see why people are blaming OP for his char's death (rip), but yall not seeing the bigger picture here.
For the umpteenth time, dragging mobs to town from the other side has started another exploit (see bobafett's vids on youtube pls), where you can't even defend yourself(remember vote pk exploit?) during a loading screen. If you fail to see how this is a bad thing, then I'm sorry to see you still playing 'scrub'core where death has no meaning.

Also to the people saying to not play pubs...you have to start making friends somewhere right? Not every casual pleb checks the forums to even know of this exploit. I would rather play in a pub than risk dieing to a d/c in solo play where no one can protect me... its the number 1 reason for death in HC, period.
Reply Quote
K you guys got me to bite again...sure, I can see why people are blaming OP for his char's death (rip), but yall not seeing the bigger picture here.
For the umpteenth time, dragging mobs to town from the other side has started another exploit (see bobafett's vids on youtube pls), where you can't even defend yourself(remember vote pk exploit?) during a loading screen. If you fail to see how this is a bad thing, then I'm sorry to see you still playing 'scrub'core where death has no meaning.

Also to the people saying to not play pubs...you have to start making friends somewhere right? Not every casual pleb checks the forums to even know of this exploit. I would rather play in a pub than risk dieing to a d/c in solo play where no one can protect me... its the number 1 reason for death in HC, period.

Wow was about to post and thought it be easier to quote yours I cant believe people so the dude lost his HC char for this reason and all you do is post nasty comments. I also cant believe how many people are unaware that you can lead mobs into town still?!.

Sorry to hear you lost your char mate but this is a lesson to everyone with HC chars that unfortunately there are sadistic people that find this funny just like when they were Vote kicking people in HC games. I learnt about dragging these mobs into town style of PK'ing when watching how the Vote Kick PK'ing worked and yeah if I open a game to the public I try my best to never go AFK. But we all need to goto the toilet, make a coffee, or grab a beer and we should be able to do this without any worry but you cant so maybe find some rl friends or people you trust to play with.

P:S: Dont leave your wallet unattended because it WILL get stolen!

Stay safe NeK
Reply Quote
One cannot simply go afk in a HC public game.
Edited by redstone#2234 on 6/10/2013 4:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We all know that playing public games in Hardcore can be risky (any time you involve other people, that becomes the case), and I hope everyone is being extra careful when they do.

@CodSack As a fellow Hardcore player who’s lost a few high-level characters, I’m really sorry this happened to you. We all know that it’s likely that we’ll eventually die in Hardcore (sometimes due to circumstances we can’t even control), and that it’s permanent when it happens, but it doesn’t change the fact that losing a hero can be pretty hard. I can only imagine how frustrating this was for you, but I hope it doesn’t dampen your spirits too much or turn you away from the Hardcore community. Generally, it’s full of awesome people who genuinely love the play style, and only want to help out their fellow Nephalem. I hope this has primarily been your experience too.

I know you’re concerned with ensuring this kind of situation doesn’t happen again (to you or to other players), so I want to let you know that we’re passing along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate people who can evaluate it and decide what to do. Along those lines, it’s also helpful to report this kind of behavior whenever you see it using the right click > Report option, so that our Customer Support staff can investigate the situation itself and anyone involved. Unless we receive a report, we can’t really look into the issue and/or see if there’s any way that we can assist.
Reply Quote
06/08/2013 03:25 PMPosted by CodSack
So I was playing HC earlier and I had to go AFK for a couple minutes. When I returned I found my Paragon 98 dead in town! I was like WTH? I saw in the chat window where another guy said he almost died as well. I asked what had happened as I didn't see anything. He said there were mobs in town. I asked how is that even possible? your suppose to be safe in town! He said come on I'll show you. We went to softcore and he showed me how to lead mobs into town on act 1. I honestly didn't think they could come past the gate. That being said, someone lead the mobs into town just to be mean and try to kill other members HC characters. There has to be a way to find out which member of the party did this with a little investigating. This members account should be banned! I had 450 hours into this HC character and to die like that just sickens me! Surely Blizzard can do something on my behalf. If they know this is an issue, why hasn't it been addressed? PLEASE HELP!!!!

I agree with you that one should never be able to die in town in Diablo (unless the townsfolk more aggressively help out, but then people would exploit that).

However, I have one question:

Why the *insert confusion-caused words here* were you afk while playing on a hard core character?

Just asking...

Why would you do that to your 400+ hours old character?

: (

~Philoi.

PS:

This is why I don't play hard core on Diablo by the way, because some jerk will always catch me doing something stupid I normally wouldn't do and will find a way to pk me (or I have to only play solo). This and the horrible connection/server-related deaths.
Reply Quote
One solution is to grant the group leader the ability to boot someone, who is afk, from their game. This takes care of the annoying peeps who wear mf gear as well and them lame !@# leechers!
Reply Quote
06/10/2013 04:49 PMPosted by Grimiku
I know you’re concerned with ensuring this kind of situation doesn’t happen again (to you or to other players), so I want to let you know that we’re passing along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate people who can evaluate it and decide what to do.

I love PR speak. They're going to "evaluate" people being killed at the spawn point, often upon joining games and before the game even fully loads.

They should add the ability to die while logged out, too. Just a % chance to bring up the character select screen and have it say, "You have died of dysentery." I mean, you all know you'll die in hardcore eventually, why not make it really hardcore?
Reply Quote
Sorry about your loss. I'm surprised you, playing up to 98 on hardcore, thought that town is a safe place in hardcore. Being para 98 only paints you with a big bulls-eye for PKers, killing you pretty much made someone's D3 career I imagine.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
We all know that playing public games in Hardcore can be risky (any time you involve other people, that becomes the case), and I hope everyone is being extra careful when they do.

@CodSack As a fellow Hardcore player who’s lost a few high-level characters, I’m really sorry this happened to you. We all know that it’s likely that we’ll eventually die in Hardcore (sometimes due to circumstances we can’t even control), and that it’s permanent when it happens, but it doesn’t change the fact that losing a hero can be pretty hard. I can only imagine how frustrating this was for you, but I hope it doesn’t dampen your spirits too much or turn you away from the Hardcore community. Generally, it’s full of awesome people who genuinely love the play style, and only want to help out their fellow Nephalem. I hope this has primarily been your experience too.

I know you’re concerned with ensuring this kind of situation doesn’t happen again (to you or to other players), so I want to let you know that we’re passing along the feedback from this thread to the appropriate people who can evaluate it and decide what to do. Along those lines, it’s also helpful to report this kind of behavior whenever you see it using the right click > Report option, so that our Customer Support staff can investigate the situation itself and anyone involved. Unless we receive a report, we can’t really look into the issue and/or see if there’s any way that we can assist.

Oh there's a very easy fix here. The devs instanced one end of the town. Do it to the other and the problem goes away. An extra click of "inconvenience" entering/leaving the town on two quests vs. preserving characters and preventing jerks from ruining others' enjoyment of the game...this one's a no-brainer.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
And what about billion mobs around waypoints? I lost p49 with this, all population of fields of misery was pulled to cemetery :/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]