Diablo® III

Any 280k-300K(WD) here and able to farm MP10?

06/05/2013 12:13 PMPosted by pinback
Also, just for conversation sake, it's shocking as hell to see how much Skorn Docs miss out on GF. It honestly seems like you're loosing so much of your potential dos max. If you haven't thought about it, get yoursef 14 yrds of pick up and it'll blow you're mind. I promise :-)

Why are Skorn docs missing out on GF?

Becuase...

I don't.
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 12:13 PMPosted by pinback
Also, just for conversation sake, it's shocking as hell to see how much Skorn Docs miss out on GF. It honestly seems like you're loosing so much of your potential dos max. If you haven't thought about it, get yoursef 14 yrds of pick up and it'll blow you're mind. I promise :-)

Agreed its a world of difference. I have a skorn but only for ubers. Get a good frog for 20!
Reply Quote
If u want to use 1h and mojo u either want pur on 1 or 2 pieces of gear. Or u wanna us a good totd. And honestly anything over 250k dps is over kill. I have 212k dps I crit between 1-4 mil and melt elite packs. I can face tank just about anything(certain elite affixes combined are just mean). I would say if u want 1h and mojo. Shoot for 200k dps and don't add ais to any of ur gear other than a witching hour like myself. I can perma cast cob in dungeons. And can prob cast bats for about 45 to a min in town. And I have only mana regen from the Zuni 4pc.

Rough stats for mp 10 in my oppinion and my experience.

1h mojo:
55k hp
750+ar total
4k+ armor
150k+ dps
Life steal
Zuni 4pc
7+ pick up radius

Some of them stats might not be mandatory. But I've matched them or surpassed them and can do mp10 solo and group.

Edit: actually from my experience the toughest elites and affixes to deal with for a cob build is:
Creatures with native knockback. Elites that get sheilding and knockback and nightmare. Or elites that are ranged and just run around. I'd rather any elite pack to have reflect damage instead of knockback or nightmare. Just my oppinion but at this point they seem like the worst affixes.
Edited by EvoIution#1710 on 6/5/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
2h, just shy of 200k unbuffed dps, decent mit, and 20 PUR in gear. This way I'm not limited to CoB which, while effective, gets a lil boring from time to time. Also, in groups I throw on a 1h + Frog 40 PUR is sick.
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Saythe

Why are Skorn docs missing out on GF?

Becuase...

I don't.

I should be more clear lol I meant Docs with out pick up fer sho.
Reply Quote
:)
Reply Quote
So for all the requirements like ar dps and armor and whatnot can anyone give me an estimate of what your 200k dps gear cost$
Reply Quote
For a pretty good wd with them stats ur looking at a bil minimum
Reply Quote
/Thread Hijack ( kinda on topic )

Ok all you super docs posting in this thread. Please check me out , trying to get to 200k unbuffed while wearing an soj ( I really like them , I have one for every spec I play).

What slot is going to be the best bang for the buck upgrade wise. ( While not losing ehp / Pref gaining ehp)

Before you say craft gloves , know that I am 700 ish crafts deep with 0 luck /wrists

Farming mp10 solo and in groups with my current stats just fine btw ( would love 300k just to make the elites melt that much faster , but 200k ish works just fine for me atm )

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Buffmoonkins-1183/hero/31743972

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/buffmoonkins-1183/VoodooOreo/31743972

http://d3up.com/b/503188

Thanks for reading , sorry for the hijack.
Reply Quote
@buffmookins

Ur wd doesn't look bad. I'd say upgrades at this point are more of a luxery than a necessity. I'm in the same boat 500 to 2bil per piece of equipment to upgrade. I'd say just play out ur fine unless u want to dump more gold into ur toon.

P.s. there is a rate the wd thread about halfway down the main page made by joey crack just post in there to get rated. The community is fairly active and honest in the thread.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the response , I have posted in that thread , and the steal an item thread. Not sure why I'm stressing myself out about 200k with the soj. More for Epeen's sake than anything.

/ back on topic !
Reply Quote
Yup no. Gl with ur upgrades. And crafting will prob be the best way for u to land upgrades that arnt an arm and a leg price wise.

But good luck with that its brutal. Took me about 80 tries for my bracers and I'm on about 300 amulets now. With nothing even decent. Haven't rolled 1 amulet yet with cc and CD not 1. Had CD and has and cc and ais. But blah. Good luck
Edited by EvoIution#1710 on 6/5/2013 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're a skorn user with at least 13 PUR and 89% mitigation and low attack speed, you can run GI/GF/PTV with little to no mana issues. If you're struggling on mana management, switch locusts to devouring swarm.
Reply Quote
View profile
I switch GF for SV when I play solo but in group GF is a must and a huge dps booster

I just try that in a 4 party in I was at a high dps all the time
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Saythe
If you're a skorn user with at least 13 PUR and 89% mitigation and low attack speed, you can run GI/GF/PTV with little to no mana issues. If you're struggling on mana management, switch locusts to devouring swarm.

its the initial cost of firebats that will kill you. not so much as the channeling

if you are in any half hard situation that requires you to recast 2-3 times... you are screwed.

of course if you are just running a1 with a round em up approach, Lameboi has proven that you can run so wit like 2.1APS with 330k dps and only 65 mana regen.

I would argue if you want to run PTV, pick up SOJ and/or frog for the extra 110 mana and possibly run spiritual attunement for like something ridicuous of like 1300-1400 mana pool.
Reply Quote
I won't argue that. In act 4, PTV is difficult to run with the CC that happens. All other acts aren't an issue though.

But I'm up for the challenge...

http://www.twitch.tv/nefariousjay

The corrupted angles side-knockback really do cause issues, but other than that it's not too bad, I'd rather run JF or BM in Act 4. ALl other acts, PTV is useful if you can manage it.
Edited by Saythe#1826 on 6/5/2013 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote

its the initial cost of firebats that will kill you. not so much as the channeling

if you are in any half hard situation that requires you to recast 2-3 times... you are screwed.

of course if you are just running a1 with a round em up approach, Lameboi has proven that you can run so wit like 2.1APS with 330k dps and only 65 mana regen.

I would argue if you want to run PTV, pick up SOJ and/or frog for the extra 110 mana and possibly run spiritual attunement for like something ridicuous of like 1300-1400 mana pool.

lol i am glad my post about the ptv build made you learn something, just saying. :D

as you begged to differ earlier, now you seem on agreement. good. lol

and i also dont understand why most WDs are saying "if you are using a 1 hander, DONT USE IAS GEARS AT ALL" i really dont, as long as your mana management can keep up to the ias, you are fine, and they are true dps gained. i run ubers with mck, 3 ias gears, just BR alone could allow me to spam bats, without and i mean WITHOUT any primary skill.

for ghom/rak dual, the steps are as, walk into them, right click and hold till they die, not even a single spider casted
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 6/5/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/05/2013 04:02 PMPosted by pBeybq

lol i am glad my post about the ptv build made you learn something, just saying. :D

and i also dont understand why most WDs are saying "if you are using a 1 hander, DONT USE IAS GEARS AT ALL" i dont understand man, as long as your mana management can keep up to the ias, you are fine, and they are true dps gained. i run ubers with mck, 3 ias gears, just BR alone could allow me to spam bats, without and i mean WITHOUT any primary skill.

for ghom/rak dual, the steps are as, walk into them, right click and hold till they die, not even a single spider casted

using PTV is absolutely terrible for cost efficiency, would rather get ias gears instead

and for a new WD player, its all about getting as much as they can with their first bil or 2

so i would STRONGLY suggest going a zuni 4 peice skorn route to get the most out of your WD.

im going to say this again. dont go 1h+mojo unles you are planning to spend 5b+
otherwise there is just a more "efficient" way to play the game with zuni 4peice+ skorn.
Be able to play all content and not have to worry about grouping or anything.

with 1-2 bil you can easily build a nice tanky 180k-200k dps skorn with some lucky crafts.

my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
i dont understand man, as long as your mana management can keep up to the ias, you are fine

In order to keep mana up you have to use things like primaries and mana passives/runes that sacrifice more dps than the ias adds. If all you want is dat paper deepz, then go for it. In your case, if you dropped some ias, you could run provoke the pack instead of pride, giving you a 15% damage buff the whole time. Does 18% ias make up 15% of your damage? Not even close. You could even find a spear or axe with the same dps as your MCK, and it would allow you to keep the same paper dps and drop pride. You could also then get more avg damage, cc, and cd on gear as well.
Edited by MikeHoncho#1169 on 6/5/2013 4:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

and i also dont understand why most WDs are saying "if you are using a 1 hander, DONT USE IAS GEARS AT ALL" i dont understand man, as long as your mana management can keep up to the ias, you are fine, and they are true dps gained. i run ubers with mck, 3 ias gears, just BR alone could allow me to spam bats, without and i mean WITHOUT any primary skill.

using PTV is absolutely terrible for cost efficiency, would rather get ias gears instead

and for a new WD player, its all about getting as much as they can with their first bil or 2

so i would STRONGLY suggest going a zuni 4 peice skorn route to get the most out of your WD.

im going to say this again. dont go 1h+mojo unles you are planning to spend 5b+
otherwise there is just a more "efficient" way to play the game with zuni 4peice+ skorn.
Be able to play all content and not have to worry about grouping or anything.

with 1-2 bil you can easily build a nice tanky 180k-200k dps skorn with some lucky crafts.

my 2 cents.

with my build, spending 1-2b gets you to 260k dps, with very good survivability.

and why in my opinion 1 hander is a better build, you get to have bonus to elites on 3 pieces, where as skorn you only get 1. both my rings and mojo give bonuses to elites, and thats 30k dps there, not to mention the pox prob, gg pox are freaking rare, with a skorn its mandatory to have 1

my 2 peanuts
Edited by pBeybq#6872 on 6/5/2013 4:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]