Diablo® III

Blizzard why don't you care?

Address the D/C problems for Hardcore and I will come back. If you don't, just shows you don't care. So why should I care to put money in your game? Why should I care to play it? All my characters were lost to D/C and its not on my end. So I am done, going to go back to D2 until my pre-ordered PS3 version comes out. I had lots of good times on this game and will miss all my friends. But I spent so much money and to have seen the treatment HardCore players like myself endure, I am boycotting this game until something is done. Not acceptable. Treat your fans with respect. We are so passionate about this game and yet we don't get what we deserve, a fair death. Thats all I want is to die from non D/C.

Goodbye! Was a good run. Will miss waking up and having the excitement of logging into D3 to farm for loot or play with my wife or friends. I am doing this for the community, because if more of us boycott this, the higher the odds are we get change. So until then, no more money will be spent and no more time will be wasted.

-Zero
View profile
I have not had a disconnect in two months. Are you sure it was not on your end? In the last year I have disco'd maybe 5 times total. And I blamed it on a processor over clock that was not entirely stable. I backed it off 200 MHz and no more disco.
06/05/2013 04:19 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
Goodbye!
Ive had only one disconnect and it was due to my system crashing. I have a feeling its a client side issue on your side not blizzards.
06/05/2013 04:25 PMPosted by KillerElite
I have not had a disconnect in two months. Are you sure it was not on your end? In the last year I have disco'd maybe 5 times total. And I blamed it on a processor over clock that was not entirely stable. I backed it off 200 MHz and no more disco.

This, you could be blaming blizzard for something thats YOUR fault, i have YET to have any disconnection on Hardcore since i started playing 1 month ago (hardcore). Even softcore i never dc'd at all unless my net was !@#$.
Edited by Cotea#1454 on 6/5/2013 4:42 PM PDT
the disconnects may or maybe not be due to blizzard. according to your profile you've died on 5x lvl 60 barbs in about 1 month. either your builds were not d/c resistent and/or you were always pushing the limits with high MPs when you disconnected.

this is my first hc barb. i've had my share of crashes/disconnects/rubberbanding etc etc and 1,400 hours later i'm still alive.
pink daisy its because you are imortal...i think monsters respect you enough to just let you stand there for 10 seconds without getting attacked.
Don't blame blizz for you spotty internet connection. I've never died due to lag or even dcd (ever, can't recall a dc). You're not really gone, just seeking attention like the kiddie trolls in the general discussion forum.
Edited by DudeNukem#1171 on 6/5/2013 5:10 PM PDT
regardless of which end its on...d/c shouldnt mean death

my isp has gone down, blizzard servers have killed me as well...

both felt rotten

my new barb can handle it though...although its a little tedious
So you are boycotting and yet you pre ordered d3 for ps3. Lol. Im sure they want everyone to 'boycott' in thay case.
06/05/2013 06:39 PMPosted by randysavage
So you are boycotting and yet you pre ordered d3 for ps3. Lol. Im sure they want everyone to 'boycott' in thay case.

HAHAHAHHAH

AHAHAHHA
Address the D/C problems for Hardcore and I will come back. If you don't, just shows you don't care. So why should I care to put money in your game? Why should I care to play it? All my characters were lost to D/C and its not on my end. So I am done, going to go back to D2 until my pre-ordered PS3 version comes out. I had lots of good times on this game and will miss all my friends. But I spent so much money and to have seen the treatment HardCore players like myself endure, I am boycotting this game until something is done. Not acceptable. Treat your fans with respect. We are so passionate about this game and yet we don't get what we deserve, a fair death. Thats all I want is to die from non D/C.

Goodbye! Was a good run. Will miss waking up and having the excitement of logging into D3 to farm for loot or play with my wife or friends. I am doing this for the community, because if more of us boycott this, the higher the odds are we get change. So until then, no more money will be spent and no more time will be wasted.

-Zero

OP. . . sorry to hear you are having problems. . .but really, it's not about you. You represent a very small number of people who are having difficulty. We all long for the day that this D/C thing gets fixed. . .but I'm not holding my breath. And boycotting is not the answer- especially when you are going to buy another D3 product.
Edited by WhiteOwl#1550 on 6/5/2013 6:56 PM PDT
I think they care.. they just can't fix it.
What did we used to say in D2? CC more? Lag is just one of the rare, but strongest monster attributes..
Blizzard Employee
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having latency issues, ZeroAffex. Have you tried working with our Technical Support team on the forums to try and find a solution? You could also take a look at our support site, and possibly submit a ticket about the issue. It sounds like you enjoy the game when it's working correctly, and if they can help, then it might be worth the time.

Out of curiosity, are you using the Whirlwind build with your Barbarians? Some players have been reporting latency issues specifically with Whirlwind. Here is a quote from Lylirra on how to help minimize any external issues that might be adding to the problem, and a link to her post on the subject.

Good luck with getting the problem resolved, and thanks for your patience!
View profile
Grimiku,

Problems are not always on the client side, tonight our group experienced at the same time latency boost to like 800+ ping, if this was client side, how come 3 at once will experience it?
I run WW Barb build 99% of the time, and in general never have problem with latency or DC, but the WW bug, not sure why it is not being addressed.
Everyone knows rubber banding occurs, when your character runs out of fury and you keep ww-ing, and if you don't stop, you just get sent back to the same position where you have ran out of fury, being 1sec after or 2-3 sec after.
I seriously doubt that there can't be a possible fix for this, since it's been reported for nearly 1 year now.
Those type of issues are very serious and can cause players to loose their progress.

Another suggestion that can actually increase the chance of survival in team play is if the game send out a message to the team that Player X has stopped communicating with the server, this way the team can focus to protect the lagging or dropped player. It's a small addition with huge impact.
View profile
06/05/2013 04:19 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
Why should I care to play it? All my characters were lost to D/C and its not on my end.

That's a pretty bold statement. Any proof?

06/05/2013 09:19 PMPosted by ZOMGWTFBBQ
I think they care.. they just can't fix it.

Pretty much this IMO.

06/06/2013 09:18 PMPosted by ZeroAffex
I am actually playing D2 again and am in heaven. Graphics suck but game is so much better. I get way better loot and have 0 lag since its offline. Just reminds me how much WoW influence D3 has now. Pretty sad how bad this game really is when you go back.

This is true though. D3 is nowhere as close to what D2 was, especially of its time. D3 is just a piggyback from name only. :/
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]