Diablo® III

Blizzard why don't you care?

In Blizzard's defense, I've played over 400 hours of Hardcore. I have the #8 rated Witch Doctor on Hardcore. I have never disconnected in over 400 hours.

There was ONE time where I banner'd on someone and my game crashed cuz there was a million things on the screen (but I lived cuz my party saved me). Far as just random disconnects, they don't happen? I never understood why people think this. It must be their internet at home?
In Blizzard's defense, I've played over 400 hours of Hardcore. I have the #8 rated Witch Doctor on Hardcore. I have never disconnected in over 400 hours.

There was ONE time where I banner'd on someone and my game crashed cuz there was a million things on the screen (but I lived cuz my party saved me). Far as just random disconnects, they don't happen? I never understood why people think this. It must be their internet at home?

Your luck will run out one day. Also, not all of us could live close to the Blizzard servers to minimize the risk of things going wrong.
These issues as well as the issue with CM wizards crashing the server are well known. If you want examples feel free to stop by either my stream or InigoMontoya's and we can demonstrate. This isnt something on our end. If it was, the entire server your on wouldn't lock up for everyone at the same exact time. Barb's whirlwind, and CM's seem to be the most plagued with it from all the playing we've seen and done ourselves as multiboxers and team play.
I don't understand what is so impossible about a band-aid type auto-pause feature. It might take some new technology, but nothing that isn't in sc. It could be argued we don't pay a sub but there is certainly quite a bit of money flowing in on the rmah to fund some fixes.
i havent dc'd for 8 months, im pretty sure the dc issue has been addressed. i think your hamsters on a wheel could use a upgrade. maybe steroids?
got the exact same problems as Silentkiller, and im glad i play softcore for this, as i die often times when in a huge pack of mobs because my barb is dieying somewhere in a pool of crap while on my screen im miles away from it.
even made a ticket about this and all they told me is to send e a load of net info from my pc i dont understand half about what it means.

if they cant fix this then the entire game seems broken, also dont wanna w8 another year untill this get fixed so step to it.
06/07/2013 08:59 PMPosted by ChoseN
I have the #8 rated Witch Doctor on Hardcore.

Just out of interest, do you mean the 8th highest in terms of DPS because your all res and armor are about average. Also, why do you use a Uhkapian Serpent and have no pickup radius, yet use Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast? I'm not trying to flame you but they just seem like rather unusual choices IMHO.
06/07/2013 08:59 PMPosted by ChoseN
It must be their internet at home?
thats says it all doesnt it, what it feels like that blizzzard says is, if u dont got perfect internet u cant play our games, tough !@#$ but deal with it.
I personally think this thread should be bumped until we get a 'this is what we're doing' response instead of some copy-paste internet basics rhetoric. I also find it very interesting that 3 blue posts went up very shortly to bump it off the main page before it was filtered off the main page by a moderator. Seriously guys?
Edited by Dubwise#1747 on 6/8/2013 1:16 AM PDT
    1. Ensure that your [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/optimising-your-internet-connection-windows"]network connection is optimized[/url].
    2. Make sure that no other program is interfering with the game by running in a [url="http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications"]Selective Startup[/url].
    3. Check for [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates"]updates to any drivers[/url].

Good luck with getting the problem resolved, and thanks for your patience!

1. It's your fault.
2. It's your fault.
3. It's your fault.

Good luck with us not giving a ...... and thanks for your patience!

<3 Blizz Support
Edited by RawrRawr#2788 on 6/8/2013 5:41 AM PDT
I used to disconnect a lot, losing many level 60's in the process. Because I love playing hardcore so much, before giving it up, I decided to make a concentrated effort to really see if I could fix all potential issues and problems on my side. I purchased a brand new cable modem and router, and also made sure that all software and firmware was updated for them. 6 months later, I have yet to have a disconnect.
Edited by Mlenk#1753 on 6/8/2013 2:10 AM PDT
noone has a perfect isp. blizz should realize this and not leave us in the game for a full minute after a disconnect. i'd be cool with a short delay, so people don't just pull the plug before the die. the amount of time you stay in the game after d/c is way too long
Its amazing that people think its Blizzards fault all the time. Considering I have NEVER d/c'd or had my computer freeze or game crash, I cant believe any of its Blizzards fault.
View profile

Just out of interest, do you mean the 8th highest in terms of DPS because your all res and armor are about average. Also, why do you use a Uhkapian Serpent and have no pickup radius, yet use Grave Injustice and Gruesome Feast? I'm not trying to flame you but they just seem like rather unusual choices IMHO.

heroscore. uthkapian serpent rolls much higher average damage than totd with pickup radius. since PUR doesnt count towards heroscore on the top sites, people who care about being top whatever will put in a serpent and log out, just to get themselves up a couple spots

but they dont play with that setup, cause that would actually be pretty average overall
Edited by Isolation#1274 on 6/8/2013 8:35 AM PDT
100 Orc Hunter
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having latency issues, ZeroAffex. Have you tried working with our [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/5386227/"]Technical Support[/url] team on the forums to try and find a solution? You could also take a look at our support site, and possibly [url="https://sea.battle.net/support/en/games/diablo3"]submit a ticket[/url] about the issue. It sounds like you enjoy the game when it's working correctly, and if they can help, then it might be worth the time.

Out of curiosity, are you using the Whirlwind build with your Barbarians? Some players have been reporting latency issues specifically with Whirlwind. Here is a quote from Lylirra on how to help minimize any external issues that might be adding to the problem, and a [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8796451961?page=4#74"]link [/url]to her post on the subject.

1. Ensure that your [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/optimising-your-internet-connection-windows"]network connection is optimized[/url].
    2. Make sure that no other program is interfering with the game by running in a [url="http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/shutting-down-background-applications"]Selective Startup[/url].
    3. Check for [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/driverupdates"]updates to any drivers[/url].

Good luck with getting the problem resolved, and thanks for your patience!

Pretty much the standard response to all issues. The only thin missing is to delete your WTF folder.

To many Barbs are having this issue to limited to user pc setup. latest patch notes indicated you guys made changes to help with latency issues previously. The bottom line is, the mob density in addtion to prior lag issues and the changes recently made to combat them made the issue worse and now more people are having issue.

Its on you guys to fix it. I have $2500 custom rig and have yet to find a game i cant play on max settings. The only game I hvae noticeable latency issues in D3.
People like you are the reason why Simcity sold too many copies.
06/08/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Khai

I have the #8 WD in accordance to heroscore overall, I think in DPS I'm #4 or something. I use the Serpent instead of the Frog because the last time I played I was with 2 other WDs who were using Frogs. They had enuff pickup radius to hit the globes so I didn't need to.

On topic though, I really don't understand the hate @ blizz for disconnects. It literally never ever happens to me. I can leave D3 open for days and days at a time and it won't kick me off. Has never once d/c me in 400+ hours, and I live 3,000 miles away from the servers. Either I have really good luck or some people are blaming blizz for their own internet issues.
It really does not matter who is at fault, the only thing that matters is what happens when/if it happens. This is 100% up to Blizzard. Making it "part of the game" is stupid and a slap in the face.

For those that it has never happened to and don't care I suggest you at some random time log into your account and delete your main character, gear and all, then tell yourself that it is "just part of the game"
Edited by PoolQ#1848 on 6/8/2013 3:31 PM PDT
It really does not matter who is at fault, the only thing that matters is what happens when/if it happens. This is 100% up to Blizzard. Making it "part of the game" is stupid and a slap in the face.

For those that it has never happened to and don't care I suggest you at some random time log into your account and delete your main character, gear and all, then tell yourself that it is "just part of the game"

Ya I do wish they would change how your character is affected in relation to the game. Like make it a 3 second delay when connection is lost and then automatically boot you from the server / game. This would still prevent people from "pulling their cord to save life" but would give people like a 50x better chance of surviving the disconnect.
06/05/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Sephiroth
Just the fact that hardcore does not have a RMAH should show you that Blizzard cares

to me this seems so obvious. Blizz doesn't care because they don't make money off of HC players. HC is just an added luxury to those who wants this feature. we all need to accept that SC (RMAH) is the bread & butter for them. although i'd like to see changes as well, i totally get why HC will always be treated as 2nd class to SC.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]