Diablo® III

Any Cleave Enthusiast?

View profile
This has been by far the best primary choice. I use it with Gathering Storm to slow the surroundings while I Hota/WW the area. For fury generation it's golden. Cleave has the chance to proc CC per enemy hit so when surrounded by a few whites it literally only takes one or two swings to fill fury to the top.

The other runes for Cleave are useful as well but I find Gathering Storm to be the most effective, at least for my gameplay style. Cold SoJ and Gathering Storm is bomb combo.

I don't go with Bash because of knockback or Onslaught because its single target. Frenzy is weak for fury regen.
Reply Quote
I love the cleave, though I prefer the Broad Sweep rune.
Entire packs just melt in MP10 with Cleave/Revenge/Rend.
Reply Quote
View profile
I love the cleave, though I prefer the Broad Sweep rune.
Entire packs just melt in MP10 with Cleave/Revenge/Rend.

I did use Broad Sweep but then I realized that most of my dmg was coming out of Hota so having the movement of enemies slowed down, especially elites, i could generate fury faster and Hota on them more.

Nice skill tree on you. have you tried Rapture?...you might get more AoE this way.
Reply Quote
Long time Cleave user here. I love the fact that you can also get gear with +% Cleave damage. I'm using IK belt with +13%.

I like reaping swing rune due to the extra Fury gen. Works really good in large packs to build the fury back up.

I'm currently experimenting with different cross builds for public games. Which is why my build doesn't have a whole lot of ryhme or reason to it. But it does work pretty well.
Reply Quote
View profile
Long time Cleave user here. I love the fact that you can also get gear with +% Cleave damage. I'm using IK belt with +13%.

I like reaping swing rune due to the extra Fury gen. Works really good in large packs to build the fury back up.

I'm currently experimenting with different cross builds for public games. Which is why my build doesn't have a whole lot of ryhme or reason to it. But it does work pretty well.

right on man. i also tested Reaping Swing and it was really useful with smaller density areas ;)
Reply Quote
I use Reaping swing and love it
Reply Quote
Try throwing hammer/no escape/hota when hunting elites for DEs. Fury and fear issues solved, you can stun lock elites in a group and smash away. Not as efficient overall as ww/rend/op:ks at mp10 since you have to give up a passive, but it's fun.
Reply Quote
Cleave never leaves my skill bar. I've used reaping swing for so long I barely know what the other runes do >.>
I had a max % cleave IK belt for the longest time and with my cleave soj it bumped the damage up a good 24% which is nothing to sluff at. Cleave also works magically with the battle rage:bloodshed rune making it capable of millions of damage=great LS.
Reply Quote
I play a build where cleave is a main focus, when you combine cleave with bloodshed rune on battle rage, a swipe in a group becomes millions of damage every time. with only cleave and rend as my attacks, I am downing elites in right around 4 seconds on MP 10, and wrecking trash like its hell mode.
Reply Quote
View profile
Been hearing Bloodshed w/Cleave quite a bit now. gonna have to give her a try
Reply Quote
I don't think I could give up HoTA in my bloodshed build. Running insanity like you Oushi if you get a good hit (5-10 enemies) and they proc you should almost be able to one-shot elites in MP10 ;)
I've been able to pull it off a few times in groups. Fully buffed from a WD/Monk (+128% damage!!) and running insanity it's not actually too too hard to get 10M HoTA's >:)
Reply Quote
I love Cleave so much, I have a perfectly rolled Cleave SoJ for killing certain bosses plus my IK belt has a Cleave damage bonus on it. I couple it with high CC rate and Overpower.
Reply Quote
View profile
06/06/2013 04:15 PMPosted by Rorschach
I love Cleave so much, I have a perfectly rolled Cleave SoJ

i'm jelly ;)
Reply Quote
I love Cleave with the Rupture rune. Nothing like using it on a group of mobs and seeing them all explode at once. A lot of times it kills groups of mobs before I can use Rend.
Reply Quote
I love cleave, I keep trying to play with whirlwind but i just don't like it.

ground stomp + wrenching smash
Rend + blood lust
Overpower + revel
Cleave + Rupture

Then the pack does the popcorn of explosions and the frame rate drops from everything dying. The larger the pack the more fun it is.

Also whirlwind doesn't honor the shift key which is a nono for me.
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Phantom
I love cleave, I keep trying to play with whirlwind but i just don't like it.

ground stomp + wrenching smash
Rend + blood lust
Overpower + revel
Cleave + Rupture

Then the pack does the popcorn of explosions and the frame rate drops from everything dying. The larger the pack the more fun it is.

Also whirlwind doesn't honor the shift key which is a nono for me.

Cool how about next time you take a look at the date of a thread before you dig up something from months ago

Since nobody talks about cleave (I did a search), it's best to post here than make a new thread since it's not closed.

Cleave/rend with a 2H is the most fun. I use this build to run bounties on normal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]