Diablo® III

[Guide/Video] - MP10 TR + EP + Bells 1.0.8

Hey Druin, just wanted to say thanks for the guide! I used this build on my monk up to paragon 100 and absolutely love it.
On my way to 100 I tryed out all the possible variants of your build and finally settled onto using Backlash instead of Overawe, the damage it does is great (crit up to 150k) and most of the times all mobs die before I cast a bell :D managed to get 99 mobs killed in 1 blow just wit EP and Backlash alone lol. But the best part of it is that it makes you immortal, can literally go afk in the middle of a full screen of mobs ^^

Greetings from EU
Reply Quote
Great guide and I plan to use try out much of it on my current p20 monk!
Reply Quote
Tried TR and DS-Q combo and boy that's fast movement! But the game doesn't seem to like it, after a very short while it lags like mad - i.e. no monsters visible etc. and then I get kicked out of the game. Is it my computer that sucks or have others experienced the same?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hey Druin, just wanted to say thanks for the guide! I used this build on my monk up to paragon 100 and absolutely love it.
On my way to 100 I tryed out all the possible variants of your build and finally settled onto using Backlash instead of Overawe, the damage it does is great (crit up to 150k) and most of the times all mobs die before I cast a bell :D managed to get 99 mobs killed in 1 blow just wit EP and Backlash alone lol. But the best part of it is that it makes you immortal, can literally go afk in the middle of a full screen of mobs ^^

Greetings from EU

Yay! I am really glad you enjoyed it :D

I have also switched to Backlash 100% of the time. I like the "invincibility" afforded by it in conjunction with the added DPS.

Basically, I agree!

———————————————————————————————————————

09/09/2013 12:29 AMPosted by xios
Great guide and I plan to use try out much of it on my current p20 monk!

Glad to hear you liked it Xios.

Let me know if you have any issues with it at all.

———————————————————————————————————————

09/10/2013 04:23 AMPosted by Metalsvinet
Tried TR and DS-Q combo and boy that's fast movement! But the game doesn't seem to like it, after a very short while it lags like mad - i.e. no monsters visible etc. and then I get kicked out of the game. Is it my computer that sucks or have others experienced the same?

Hey Metal,

This is probably just your computer sadly. :(

I have used TR + DS many many many times and never had that happen.
This guide is not viable in groups.

You should maybe mention this at the top of your guide.

For single player purposes only.
Good luck finding a group that wont scatter the mobs accidentally.

And not to mention the setup time required to get the bells rolling, its draining and cba.

But nice guide non-theless, well formulated and good presentation.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
This guide is not viable in groups.

You should maybe mention this at the top of your guide.

For single player purposes only.
Good luck finding a group that wont scatter the mobs accidentally.

And not to mention the setup time required to get the bells rolling, its draining and cba.

But nice guide non-theless, well formulated and good presentation.

I suppose I could put that somewhere if it is confusing people!

Glad you liked it despite the lack of clarity. :D
09/10/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Druin
I have used TR + DS many many many times and never had that happen.

Do you get rubberband when using TR+DS?

I don't have the issue he's getting, but I do get the rubberbands quite a bit, happened quite a few times in the video I posted too ~_~

When I thought they finally fixed rubberbanding with TR, I add in DS and rubberbands seemed to come right back, lol.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Do you get rubberband when using TR+DS?

I don't have the issue he's getting, but I do get the rubberbands quite a bit, happened quite a few times in the video I posted too ~_~

When I thought they finally fixed rubberbanding with TR, I add in DS and rubberbands seemed to come right back, lol.

I rubberband ALL the time with DS + TR.

I assume it has to do with the extremely long animation for DS's attack after the movement part when using a 2h wep ... it is quite annoying.
I couldn't post cause I got banned for a week cause of my Rabbi joke (I didn't think it was that bad) But grats on the MVP status Druin.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/10/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Narcolepsy
I couldn't post cause I got banned for a week cause of my Rabbi joke (I didn't think it was that bad) But grats on the MVP status Druin.

Thanks Narc!! :D

<3
hey druin, i couldn't find the old post i asked you this question. dunno if u even responded.

I was reading your link on backlash vs submission. u say submission is better for damage then overawe. ok to that.

But how does it compare damage wise with backlash vs submission and how does survivability compare between the 2? I'm looking for more of a statistical answer if you are able to provide.

I think i saw in a post survivability backlash is better and dmg submission is but i was wondering how much more. trying to weight the pros and cons
Reply Quote
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_537_x1 - Tempest Rush no longer costs Spirit to channel.
ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_540_x1 - Increase Exploding Palm's on-death explosion damage to 100% of the enemy's maximum Life.

Well, well, well, don't mind if I do...
Reply Quote
You mentioned something about getting 200m exp/h, is that little gem still a secret?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/18/2013 05:32 AMPosted by Metalsvinet
You mentioned something about getting 200m exp/h, is that little gem still a secret?

Still working on the guide! :D
Generally if I die using this spec it's because I TR out of the blob to avoid something nasty and get rubberbanded right back into what I was trying to avoid :-(
Reply Quote
09/18/2013 11:14 AMPosted by psybako
Generally if I die using this spec it's because I TR out of the blob to avoid something nasty and get rubberbanded right back into what I was trying to avoid :-(

I feel ya.

Hopefully Blizzard can address the rubberbanding issue in the future patches.
Reply Quote
Also, trees. By the time I blow up 50 monsters and litter the round with (mostly useless) loot, sometimes I lose track of the poison clouds.
Reply Quote
Thanks OP that was a real game changer for me.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
09/18/2013 11:14 AMPosted by psybako

Me too.

Getting rubber-banded back into place then hit by the Cow Charge that I oh-so-skillfully avoided makes me saaaaad.

09/18/2013 11:51 AMPosted by Fragbait
Thanks OP that was a real game changer for me.

I am glad you have enjoyed it!! :D
Good to hear your still working on it. Yesterday I tried to remove all the damage numbers and "dodge" etc. info. That helped me a lot regarding lag. Tonight I'll give the DS+TR a try again, the speed is so addictive :) Will also give MP10 a shot, due to my lag issues I could only comfortably play MP8, maybe MP9 if I was really cautious regarding bulls and trees.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]