Diablo® III

[Guide/Video] - MP10 TR + EP + Bells 1.0.8

@Druin
yea...i kinda figured that out by testing it with my SC monk..... (i knew EP was a big no no in hc..)

1h+shield is more Jco's style...
good 1h weapon is very hard to get... a good rare shield is even harder...

However, dex LS skorn is not bad in supply....that's why it's all started.
Let me check with Jco too...
Reply Quote
So that's why reflect busted my balls the other night.
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
11/14/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Sicyo
So that's why reflect busted my balls the other night.

Yup! RD + high HP mobs with EP on them = death 100%
I look at high HP RD mobs with my EP as Russian Roulette. Gives the game a sort of danger! hah, and it just feels good when the EP goes off and you don't die :).
Reply Quote
ever since I read this thread I've been trying to hurry my barb to lvl 100 so I can get back to my Monk. I can't wait till I'm done with the barb. SO tired of him. And this just finally makes my monk feel powerful
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
ever since I read this thread I've been trying to hurry my barb to lvl 100 so I can get back to my Monk. I can't wait till I'm done with the barb. SO tired of him. And this just finally makes my monk feel powerful

Glad to hear it and thanks for the support! :D
Hi Druin. Great post. Tried out spec but replaced TR with Serenity for better survivability out in FOM and vs elites. Took some practice to get comfortable with screen flashing red while placing EP without LS. But I was having fun in group play at MP10 in DC. I'm currently at ~138k dps and ~378k eHP and would welcome any suggestions on what gear I should improve. My goal is to keep playing monk to p100 (just climbed 3 levels to 60 during last DC group run). Had a WD using Locust Swarm which auto grouped them for EP bells/COB synergy. I hope to keep playing this spec. Thank you
Reply Quote
Very elegant playstyle, still ridiculously hard to achieve with a new character or a semi geared one.in mp10. With RoS coming seems pointless, d3 had so good potential... When I see your monk's gameplay it feel really shamefull that you need that much to enjoy a game experience that smooth .

Good luck for your stream and stuffs in the future.

Fin.
Edited by Galuf#2781 on 11/29/2013 10:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
I need some help getting my monk into MP10 using this build. My gear can be seen here, http://d3up.com/b/1235482, or in my profile. I'm not currently using the spec but am using pretty much this same gear.

I plan on getting an inna's helm with more vit or AR, dropping the spirit regen, and have a ring to replace my SOJ that adds some EHP.

I'm just dying too fast in the middle of the packs, I don't know if its a matter of my damage thats too low and I'm not lifestealing enough, or that my EHP is too low.

Any tips on what I could replace to get up to MP10? I can do MP8 with no problems.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 07:04 AMPosted by tutWindex
I need some help getting my monk into MP10 using this build. My gear can be seen here, http://d3up.com/b/1235482, or in my profile. I'm not currently using the spec but am using pretty much this same gear.

I plan on getting an inna's helm with more vit or AR, dropping the spirit regen, and have a ring to replace my SOJ that adds some EHP.

I'm just dying too fast in the middle of the packs, I don't know if its a matter of my damage thats too low and I'm not lifestealing enough, or that my EHP is too low.

Any tips on what I could replace to get up to MP10? I can do MP8 with no problems.

Your eHP is way too low, that's probably why you're dying.
Reply Quote
11/30/2013 07:26 AMPosted by mTeasdale

Your eHP is way too low, that's probably why you're dying.

I feel like I can probably get up to 450k eHP by getting vit inna's pants and dropping spirit regen on the innas helm for more vit or resist. Anything else glaring that I could replace to boost eHP besides SOJ?
Reply Quote
Hey all. Was hoping for some insight with my char on this build and playstyle. I am having one hell of a time keeping up in packs of just mp8. I do understand that skill and practice are involved but if anyone can give me some suggestions on gear or switching mantra or something. I have been at this for 2 weeks trying this out but man I am having a hell of a time pulling 40 mobs again on just mp8 and I THINK my gear is good. Someone give me some advice pls. THanks in advance
Reply Quote
Here's the build I'm using on MP10 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#acVeSk!bdX!YZZaYa

This build makes you a heavier hitter and improves your spirit.

I'm at just over 200k dps with the high PL, but all the gear other than the Skorn are actually quite cheap. It's enough to get me through MP10.

I think you should also use dex gems and If you were to use Nat's ring and boots, you could get more crits to set off EP more easily. I think you would be okay with the resulting health pool and your dps as high as MP9.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dominatus-2534/hero/14287545
Reply Quote
Realized I commented about how much I love this build in the farming thread that uses this build as a baseline. I am coming back from a long break and spent most of my gold to gear up to what I currently have in my profile but would love any suggestion on what to improve next.

http://d3up.com/b/1290424

*Update*

Got some better crafts for gloves/bracers now. Working on crafting a better amulet but its slow going.
Edited by Joshuha#1205 on 1/13/2014 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]